MI MI - Lisa Walton, 22, Detroit, 21 Jan 1986

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Lisa Walton[/h]
  • lisa_walton_1.jpg
  • lisa_walton_2.jpg
Walton, circa 1986

• Missing Since 01/21/1986
  • Missing From Detroit, Michigan
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Age 22 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6 - 5'9, 160 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description Walton was pregnant at the time of her disappearance.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Walton's ears are pierced.

[h=3]Details of Disappearance[/h] Walton was last seen at her home in the 4400 block of Pacific on the west side of Detroit, Michigan on January 21, 1986.

That same day, her eleven-month-old son was found abandoned but unharmed in an alley in the 19900 block of Pelkey on the east side of the city. He was identified after his grandmother saw him on a television newscast. Only then did police realize Walton was missing. Few details are available in her case.

http://charleyproject.org/case/lisa-walton

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/36009/

Lisa was pregnant when she dissapeared. That itself is a red flag here. Wonder if it's the same father as her 1 year old or if she had another man in her life now. Perhaps her ex (assumed)harmed the kid cause it's his son but didn't want her to have a baby with another man, or he just found out it wasn't his and he snapped...Something like that I think.

Lisa Walton

NAT_36009_1.jpg
NAT_36009_2.jpg

Circumstances: Lisa's son was found abandoned in an alley on 1/21/1986 but Lisa was never located.

First Name: Lisa
Last Name: Walton

Details
Age When Last Known Alive: 22
Race: Black/African Americ
Sex: Female
Height: 66.0 to
Weight: 160.0

State: Michigan
County: Wayne

Appearance
Hair: Brown
Head Hair: with reddish tones
Eye: Brown
Piercings: ears

Link - Lisa Walton - Michigan Missing Person Directory

New link to her Charley Project profile - Lisa Walton – The Charley Project

Anothe old article (sorry do have not link to original source of it)

26904568_10215363362856311_9096617737167678861_n.jpg

(click on image to enlarge)

Here's a source with the same article: Detroit Free Press from Detroit, Michigan on January 23, 1986 · Page 8
January 23, 1986 Detroit Free Press from Detroit, Michigan · Page 8

The page can be read without a Newspapers.com account by clicking on OCR.

Here's the relevant part:

DETROIT Baby identified, mother missing
A baby boy found alone and apparently abandoned in an east side alley was identified Wednesday, but his mother was reported missing, police said.
Police said the child was identified as Darnell Walton, 11 months, of the 4400 block of Pacific, on the west side. A missing persons report was issued for Lisa Walton, 22, said to be the child's mother.
Darnell was found Tuesday afternoon in an alley in the 19900 block of Pelkey. Police said Lisa Walton, who is pregnant, was last seen at home on the on Tuesday. Darnell was identified by his grandmother, who saw him on a television newscast, police said.

I always thought my dad had something to do with it. It’s funny once I open the investigation up again the police never wanted to question my dad. And then when I asked him about her he like he don’t remember lol. I think he does have more information/details that he really wants to say. I kind of just leave it alone and accept him for who he is because if he goes to jail or something bad happens to him THEN I have nobody really. I don’t see him often but we have a good long distance relationship. My foster mother found him when I was in high school, I was 17 when I first met him. I don’t know my foster mother anymore either LOL.

I always thought my dad had something to do with it. It’s funny once I open the investigation up again the police never wanted to question my dad. And then when I asked him about her he like he don’t remember lol. I think he does have more information/details that he really wants to say. I kind of just leave it alone and accept him for who he is because if he goes to jail or something bad happens to him THEN I have nobody really. I don’t see him often but we have a good long distance relationship. My foster mother found him when I was in high school, I was 17 when I first met him. I don’t know my foster mother anymore either LOL.
Were you the little boy found in the alley? Why do you think you father was involved?

I hope Darnell is doing well, and I'm surprised that the police weren't interested in speaking with the father.

Maybe she be found soon.

DETROIT – This month marks 37 years since a 22-year-old woman vanished and her son was found abandoned in an alley.

The last reported sighting of Lisa Walton was in January 1986. Her toddler son was found abandoned, but unharmed, in an alley in Detroit on Jan. 21, 1986.

Hey! You look so much like your mother, and I truly hope you find or hear answers soon.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Platform
Back