Missing, 2 women, same area, similar circumstances

I’m new to web sleuth and I am asking for help on two missing person cases in Louisiana, just a few miles apart, with similar circumstances. The two missing women are Darnisha Thompson and Kimberly Moore.

Welcome to Websleuths!

If there is a news article or LE Facebook post, a thread can be started for Darnisha Thompson as well.

I’m new to web sleuth and I am asking for help on two missing person cases in Louisiana, just a few miles apart, with similar circumstances. The two missing women are Darnisha Thompson and Kimberly Moore.

what are the similar circumstances?

looks like Kimberly may have witnessed a homicide before disappearing

It's definitely concerning. Their disappearance shares similarities with the other two missing women in the area. Let's hope they find some answers soon.

It's definitely concerning. Their disappearance shares similarities with the other two missing women in the area. Let's hope they find some answers soon.
Hoping for the best.

And now, a sad, but reality based but....

The woman was last seen in Webster Parish. Though close to Shreveport (Caddo Parish), the area is not only very rural, but also has limited police resources and.... limited, well, resources of any kind.

In addition the area is heavily forested with an infinite number of places to hide evidence. I hope that Baton Rouge State authorities can send some assistance.

Do you have a link to anything on the other two women missing out of the area?

To clarify - 4 in total?

1) Kimberly Moore 43 YO BF
Missing Since: 31 Dec 22
Missing from: Ringgold, LA
Circumstances: Possible witness to a murder of her male friend (see linked article for sherriff video statement on
this and 'why' they believe this to be so). Had just returned to the area from Texas to live.
WS Thread: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...3-was-with-a-man-hes-been-found-fatally-shot- ringgold-31-dec-2022.674020/
Sheriff comments begin at of the video (44 second mark). Victim found deceased in the backseat of his still-running car in the middle of Pleasant Road, just south of Ringgold. Evidence (she was seen in the vehicle) suggests that there may have been one, possibly two, others in the vehicle when the murder occured.
2) Darnisha N. Thompson 30 YO BF
Missing Since: 14 Mar 23
Missing From:
Dubberly, LA
Circumstances: Had just returned to town from Texas for a visit.
WS Thread:
None that I can locate, but article on her missing linked here:
Search for missing Texas woman ongoing in Webster Parish

3)
??

4) ??

According to my limited googlefu capabilities, Ringgold is a very rural small town (pop. 1250). Dubbley is a very rural small village (pop. 290) located just 16 miles apart from each other - straight shot up/down highway 371 ... a mere 20 minute drive.

There are photos of the women in their respective articles, but I've no idea how to load them up.

Veronica

Last edited:

Spelling of her name is different, (without the 'h').

How is it possible for this woman to just disappear, have the news articles misspell her name, and not get listed in NamUs?

There's no indication, (social media activity, court records, and so forth), that's she's anywhere else or has been found.

I was looking to see what other missing women were in that area, and instead found what seems to be a pattern in Shreveport of young black women going missing, and then turning up a few days later without much explanation.

Most recently, this woman went missing last week. Her family member posted three days later that she'd been found, but didn't remember what happened.

This woman went missing in late October, then her sister posted in mid-November that she was with the Bossier City police and they were working on reuniting them.

Ebony Hill went missing in August, and about a week later someone posted alluding to her being found but there wasn't much more information, (in other words, they don't know what happened)

Let's hope the pattern stops, and that women in that area aren't being drugged.

what are the similar circumstances?

looks like Kimberly may have witnessed a homicide before disappearing
Are you suggesting that this could be a Lee Boxell type scenario?

A 15 year old disappeared in Sutton, England. He has never been found but it is suspected he was killed after trying to intervene against sexual abuse of a minor.

ty I'll look it up

sounds like these women may have ingested the date rape drug.
This sounds plausible to me.

If they were intending to ingest something else, they might not be willing to come forward - so there's no way the pattern would be recognized.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back