Missing Voluntarily?

IMO, I think that she was abducted by someone she knew. Like others mentioned before, it could even be by a jealous woman, her ex-boyfriend, or a friend of a friend that found her attractive or had something against her. The possibilities are endless but there just isn't enough evidence to put the blame on someone yet. There's no blood, fibers, no DNA except for latex glove... nothing to suggest that a real crime took place inside of the house except for signs of a struggle because the lamp was knocked over and broken and the alarm clock and her necklace were found broken under the bed as well. And according to her mother, Tara was neat and tidy. She would never have left her house in such a mess if she could help it. Somebody obviously attacked her while she was sleeping or in bed because the bed sheets were also disheveled.

What we know for sure, however, is that the motive was NOT money. There is evidence to support this because there were valuables in her house that were not stolen AND, most significant, the cash in the car was not stolen. This leaves other possible motives such as revenge, lust, jealousy, and personal vendetta. Unfortunately most of these cannot be ruled out as Tara seemed to know a lot of people and had a complicated love life. However, what's strange is that DNA results from the latex glove, so far, have not matched any of Tara's friends, boyfriends, or acquaintances. Of course not all of Tara's associations have been ruled out, but this new evidence might suggest that maybe it was a stranger that she knew or someone who had brief contact with her in the past. It could still be an intruder or a complete stranger but I don't think so.

I've considered the stranger/intruder scenario and, although it's possible, for some reason I can't believe it completely. My personal theory is that somebody Tara knew came into the house uninvited, a struggle ensued, and she willingly went with them. Tara's keys were missing because the person who abducted her drove her car (as the seat was found adjusted), although I have no idea why her purse is missing. Obviously this is all based on pure speculation but for some reason I cannot see this whole stranger abduction playing out. I think it's because of the lack of physical evidence at the scene and questions that still linger about the motive and the way Tara's house was found (her dog outside, car unlocked, etc.) Also, if an intruder wanted sex from Tara, why didn't he just rape her at the scene? And if they wanted revenge, why not just kill her there? Why abduct her? It just doesn't make sense. Somebody wanted her to leave with them for some reason. IMO, that suggests more than just sexual deviancy. Of course I don't know for sure but abduction is definitely tricky. Not to mention that I don't know Tara or how she would react in a situation like that...if she would put up a fight, comply or both.

Today marks 8 years since Tara disappeared. Where are you, Tara?

Attachments

• Tara Grinstead.jpg
    Tara Grinstead.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 69
What I realized is that in the Disappeared video it was stated that every night Tara got home, she would turn the light on to let her neighbors know she was home. However, the night she disappeared, she never did? How is it possible that her belongings were home i.e. cell phone was charging and her stuff left in the room... even the fact that her bed was a mess w/o signaling that she was okay? Someone could have followed her home and crept up behind her, silencing her, and she didn't have time or quick thinking to flicker the lamp on and off?

I wish we had answers! It has been too long! I still think there is a very small chance she left on her own (she took her purse) but envelope of cash was left in car. Makes NO sense to me. Why would someone steal her purse but leave cash? I think there is no way MH can be 100% ruled out as POI but don't think he had real motive. They had already broken up and even if she were a crying mess b/c of it he had spent 6 years of his life with her, why kill her now after the breakup?
Too many scenarios. IMO too close of a community for anyone to "out" one of their own if that is the case.

I do too; it's taken a long time for me to come to that decision, but it was the breakup that disturbed me the most...and her reaction to it. And maybe that I want to hope she is still alive. :(

For those of you curious about the Tara in NC I have put pictures of both side by side. I don't think it's too far fetched to think they look alike especially given the years that have gone by and age progression. Both are stunning IMO and who knows but why would she never contact her family again?

Attachments

• 32069f10-a3e0-4728-b868-f3876bb13889wallpaper.jpg
    32069f10-a3e0-4728-b868-f3876bb13889wallpaper.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 103
I don't think the woman in NC is Tara. They don't look that much alike, really.

I believe Tara was taken from her home, and then murdered somewhere else. I do not believe she ran away from her life or abandoned her family, her friends, her career and her beloved pets. She did not have financial problems, issues at work, or any type of addiction. She had plans for her future, and she was working towards another degree. LE did not find any troubling secrets in Tara's life. She did have a broken heart, but she also had a mother with health problems, so I can't see Tara leaving suddenly with no explanation in the middle of the night. Not knowing what happened to her daughter caused Faye so much pain. I haven't see any indication that Tara was that uncaring.

I have always been suspicious of that house fire, and of the fact that dogs alerted there. IIRC it was cadaver dogs, and the explanation given was that there had been dirty diapers at the sight. Something about that situation makes me uneasy.

I don't think the woman in NC is Tara. They don't look that much alike, really.

I believe Tara was taken from her home, and then murdered somewhere else. I do not believe she ran away from her life or abandoned her family, her friends, her career and her beloved pets. She did not have financial problems, issues at work, or any type of addiction. She had plans for her future, and she was working towards another degree. LE did not find any troubling secrets in Tara's life. She did have a broken heart, but she also had a mother with health problems, so I can't see Tara leaving suddenly with no explanation in the middle of the night. Not knowing what happened to her daughter caused Faye so much pain. I haven't see any indication that Tara was that uncaring.

I have always been suspicious of that house fire, and of the fact that dogs alerted there. IIRC it was cadaver dogs, and the explanation given was that there had been dirty diapers at the sight. Something about that situation makes me uneasy.

I don't think NC Tara is GA Tara. After reading about NC Tara, she has kids that were born while GA Tara was still in GA and has been married for 14 ish years.

I agree the house fire is a huge red flag. The fact that nobody else was missing from the area at the time the cadaver dogs alerted makes me very curious. I just can't imagine why anyone would want to hurt her and even more not ever speak of it again. IMO more than 1 person knows something. I could be wrong but most ppl in small towns like to talk.

I haven't posted for quite awhile but I still check in from time to time to see what else has been learned. I still turn things over in my mind and think about the case. Big wave to everyone.

i honestly don't think she left on her own! as much as those factors seem a little staged, i think someone took her. how close were her neighbors' houses to Tara? Would they not have heard any noise if she had screamed for help?

I believe that Tara is the victim of murder. I dont think she would have left on her own and abandoned her mother, especially in her health. I have never heard, read or saw a single person claim that Tara was a selfish person. And, it would take a very selfish person to take off and leave their families, home, career and not to metion her animals, never to be heard from again.

I think she was tricked into opening her door at a late hour by someone she knew and I think this person had one reason only for coming to Tara's home that fateful Saturday night. I am one of the very few that believe that this monster came back to Tara's after disposing of her body and straightened up the crime scene. I just dont think he did a very good job of it. I have always wondered how LE missed the broken beaded necklace laying on Tara's bedroom floor under her bed? They didnt find it until the 2nd search, IIRC.

I also think that the fire on Snapdragon Rd has always been significant to Tara as well. I believe that her dead body was taken there in the SUV that burned in the garage. I think it is very telling, when you start putting the pieces of the puzzle together and include the info we have from the fire.

Whatever happened to Tara, her fate, Im sure was unimaginable and I just want justice for her and for the life she was robbed of living because of one persons selfishness. Tara, wherever you are, we will not stop looking for you.
Totally agree. I can't fathom how LE missed so much info...
It's as if the whole crime scene/evidence was botched on purpose. As if they knew one of their "own" may be involved and being men..
Forgive me for stereotyping but. It's a k own fact there's a double standard for males vs females. So if the good ole boy thinking was well she was"promiscuous" so she maybe got what she deserved thinking? I dunno. So tragic and mind baffling. I am anticipating the outcome of this. Hopefully GBI is honest and got true evidence in this case.

Sent from my LGL82VL using Tapatalk

Maybe they found the broken pieces that were bit off of the glove in an area of her house.
So lilly was there bitten off pieces of glove missing? I apologize for my ignorance I just started following this 2 weeks ago. Any info is appreciated. It's alotvof info to comb through. Thanks

Sent from my LGL82VL using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back