Missouri, St. Louis - Teenage girl critically injured after brutal fight with another female teen near Hazelwood East High School, 8 March 2024

Since MD didn't have a record or history of violence before this incident, I don't think locking her up can be considered the best solution. I think she needs to work on controlling her anger, and I'd prefer to see her sentenced to her sentenced to a few years of working with victims of abuse and violence.
Unless the District Attorney is willing to....

- Offer proportional amounts of community service to each and every violent perpertrator who lacks prior documented incidents (And there could be a fair number of those).

- And, still extend proportional community service offers to perpetrators who may not have all of MD's attractive pr spins- well, so long as they have no prior documented incidents....

A meaningful amount of lock up time could be warranted to preserve the integrity of the justice system and to deter others.

Last edited:
Unless the District Attorney is willing to....

- Offer proportional amounts of community service to each and every violent perpertrator who lacks prior documented incidents (And there could be a fair number of those).

- And, still extend proportional community service offers to perpetrators who may not have all of MD's attractive pr spins- well, so long as they have no prior documented incidents....

A meaningful amount of lock up time could be warranted to preserve the integrity of the justice system and to deter others.

That's par for the course, at least in the juvenile system, which focuses more on rehabilitation than imprisonment. They typically try to keep offenders out of prison and set them on a better path in life.

It doesn't always work out, obviously, but the idea behind it is that children make poor decisions, and this gives them a chance at turning their lives around.

That's par for the course, at least in the juvenile system, which focuses more on rehabilitation than imprisonment. They typically try to keep offenders out of prison and set them on a better path in life.
All those goals are needed. At the same time, juvenile courts can still order that defendants be confined.

Unless the DA is willing to extend similar proportional offers to other violent juveniles with no prior documented offenses, I would lock her up for a period of time.

IMO the perp's place should be in Young Offenders Institution.

In my country it is a special rehabilitation facility for minors aged 13 to 24 who have been sentenced to correctional measures.

It provides learning and vocational education,
cultural and educational activities,
sports and recreational activities.

And therapies to help resocialization.

JMO

Last edited:
All those goals are needed. At the same time, juvenile courts can still order that defendants be confined.

Unless the DA is willing to extend similar proportional offers to other violent juveniles with no prior documented offenses, I would lock her up for a period of time.
I think it's standard policy to try and use diversion tactics with most juvenile offenders. The "violence" aspect is, of course, concerning, but in this case, it wasn't violence that happened in a vacuum. It wasn't unprovoked.

I don't know if that's what the Juvenile Officer was looking at -- but it sounds like it might have been. At least in part.

If this case remains in the juvenile system, we may never know much more about it since releasing information about juveniles isn't really a thing. If MD is tried as an adult, I'm guessing we'll hear more.

As she should be. I went to Hazelwood & graduated in 1977. At that time, it was a new & wonderful place to grow up in. It was a community of hard working middle class families, & then it wasn’t. Certain people started moving in and drove the middle class out further west into St. Charles County. It sickens me to see what a mess that great community has become.

As she should be. I went to Hazelwood & graduated in 1977. At that time, it was a new & wonderful place to grow up in. It was a community of hard working middle class families, & then it wasn’t. Certain people started moving in and drove the middle class out further west into St. Charles County. It sickens me to see what a mess that great community has become.
Could you please clarify who the "certain people" are?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back