GUILTY MN - Monique Baugh, 28, realtor and mother, kidnapped and murdered, Minneapolis, 2019 *arrests*

I remember a little about this case when it happened but then nothing after. I'm trying to learn more. As I understand it, Berry had a feud over drug dealing with Baugh's bf/father of her children. She was a real estate agent and was lured by Berry's gf to a house, where she was kidnapped. Presumably, this was done for some sort of leverage over Baugh's bf. But then hours later, Berry just shows up and shoots the bf. Then not too long later, Baugh is shot and killed left in an alley. There just seems to be a part missing here. My speculation is that they kidnapped Baugh as part of a bigger plan (to force the bf to do something) but that plan fell apart for some reason, so they just shot everyone. Its all such a waste. Monique Baugh was a very beautiful and successful young woman.

Two men guilty on all counts in kidnapping, slaying of Minneapolis Realtor

A Hennepin County jury has convicted two men of kidnapping a real estate agent from a fake home showing in 2019 and fatally shooting her in a Minneapolis alley.

Cedric Berry and Berry Davis, both 42, were tried in Hennepin County District Court on identical charges — aiding and abetting premeditated first-degree murder, aiding and abetting attempted premeditated first-degree murder, aiding and abetting kidnapping, and aiding and abetting first-degree felony murder while committing kidnapping. The jury returned their verdict just after 5 p.m. Friday.

Trial begins for woman connected with kidnapping of Minneapolis realtor

Elsa Segura, who is charged with one count of kidnapping, made a voir dire appearance in court on Thursday. The trial began on Tuesday.

Two others were charged and sentenced for the murder of Baugh on New Year's Eve in 2019. Cedric Berry was found guilty on three counts: kidnapping, first-degree attempted murder and first-degree murder. He was given a life sentence in July based on the conviction of the first-degree murder charge, as well as 33 additional years for the other two convictions. Berry Davis was also given the same sentence on July 12.

Former Hennepin County probation officer found guilty on all counts in kidnapping, murder case

Jurors on Monday found a former Hennepin County probation officer guilty on all counts against her in the brutal 2019 kidnapping and murder of a north Minneapolis woman whose boyfriend was the intended target.

Elsa Segura, 29, was found guilty of using a "burner phone" and alias to lure Realtor Monique Baugh to a bogus home showing in Maple Grove on Dec. 31.

Segura was found guilty in Hennepin County District Court on one count each of aiding and abetting premeditated first-degree murder, aiding and abetting attempted premeditated first-degree murder, aiding and abetting kidnapping, and aiding and abetting first-degree felony murder while committing kidnapping.

The men who kidnapped and shot Baugh and shot and wounded Mitchell-Momoh — Cedric Berry and Berry Davis — were convicted of the same counts against Segura and sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Wiggins and Shante Davis, who is Davis' sister and Berry's wife, are also charged in the case and are awaiting trial.

Segura is scheduled to be sentenced Nov. 9

The Minnesota Supreme Court has upheld the life sentences for two people convicted in the kidnapping and murder of a Minneapolis real estate agent Monique Baugh in 2019.

Cedric Berry and Berry Davis were convicted to life in prison without the possibility of parole after being found guilty on all counts, including first-degree premeditated murder, in the death of 28-year-old Baugh.

The state's highest court ruled that Elsa Segura is entitled to a new trial because prosecutors failed to provide sufficient evidence and gave the jury erroneous instructions. In a 50 page opinion, the court details why they reversed two of the four conviction charges and are sending the case back to the lower courts

"In this case, they were incredibly thoughtful and really went through the law here. I think they got it correct," Attorney Shauna Kieffer said. She's not affiliated with the case but shared legal insight on the ruling

1706783302979.jpeg
“We realize that our opinion may result in another trial involving these difficult facts and intensify the grief of those affected by the senseless acts of violence perpetrated on Baugh and her boyfriend," the ruling said. "Nevertheless, we are duty-bound to ensure that a defendant in a criminal trial is not convicted based on insufficient evidence or erroneous jury instructions that were not harmless beyond a reasonable doubt.”

Such a sad story. I don't know if they will retry this woman or not, she is still in on the other charges I believe. But this beautiful young woman was just a realtor, she hadn't done anything wrong. They kidnapped and killed her just to get back at her bf. It just makes me sick. I don't buy the defendant's story that she didn't know why she was told to set up the phone house viewing. She had to know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back