Identified! MO - McDonald Co., 'Grace Doe' Fem Skeletal 784UFMO, 21-31, Dec'90 - Shawna Beth Garber

"It is believed that Talfey Reeves (deceased as of November 15, 2021), picked Shauna up from the Tanglewood/Ginger Blue area of Missouri State Highway 59. Reeves bound her wrists and feet “hog tying” her, and transported her to an abandoned farmhouse where it is believed that he sexually assaulted her and overdosed her with drugs."

Southwest Missouri cold case solved, suspect deceased – Newstalk KZRG

I wonder how police managed to identify Reeves as the suspect when Shauna's remains were supposedly skeletal. He must have left some DNA or a fingerprint on the cord used to bound her.

1711063113024-jpeg.492134

At one point, it was speculated the notorious BTK killer was the prime suspect. However, after Detectives Lorie Howard and Rhonda Wise spent decades gathering evidence, they announced Shauna's killer as Talfey Reeves who is now dead.

"Through statements, sources, witnesses, pounding the ground, and driving people absolutely insane for 30 years, we finally have the answers that we needed," Detective Howard said.

Detectives Howard and Wise say Reeves had multiple charges dating back to the 80s including first-degree assault and drug trafficking.
They were able to confirm Reeves was Shauna's killer through six corroborated sources and a witness who came forward after Reeves died in a car accident on Nov. 5, 2021.

"I can tell you Talfey Reeves was a suspect in this case for years," Howard said. "I just couldn't get anybody to talk to me on the record, as an affidavit, I couldn't corroborate their stories until years later. I had nobody who had the missing piece until he died. And that's how we are here today."

Attachments

• 1711063113024.jpeg
    1711063113024.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 150
' Mar 21, 2024 #BTK #Crime #Missouri
Authorities have identified a suspect in the October 1990 murder of Shawna Garber. McDonald County, Missouri, detectives Rhonda Wise and Lorie Howard join “Banfield” to discuss the case, saying, “We are 100% certain that it is Talfey Reeves.”
Talfey Reeves, Shawna Garber1711124207352.png

' Mar 21, 2024 #BTK #Crime #Missouri
Authorities have identified a suspect in the October 1990 murder of Shawna Garber. McDonald County, Missouri, detectives Rhonda Wise and Lorie Howard join “Banfield” to discuss the case, saying, “We are 100% certain that it is Talfey Reeves.”
Talfey Reeves, Shawna GarberView attachment 492282
How terrifying that must have been for that poor woman. I hope she rests in peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back