MO MO - Pacific, Little Indian Creek Rd & Hwy 47, UnkRaceMale Adult, UP81510, bones in field, Apr’91

Romulus

Reaction score
Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP81510
Male, Uncertain
Date Body Found: April 5, 1991
Location Found: Pacific, Missouri
Estimated Age Range--

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Circumstances of Recovery: Incomplete skeletal remains were seized from a juvenile individual on 4/5/1991 from his residence located in Pacific, MO. The remains were originally found by this individual 2 - 3 years prior in a field and along a tree line at the Little Indian Creek Access near Little Indian Creek Road and Highway 47 in Franklin County, Missouri.

I spoke with Captain Charles Subke at the Franklin County Sheriff's Office regarding these remains. I called to inquire about Gary Wayne Akers as a potential match. He was last known to be about 13.5 miles (21 mins) away buying beer in Grubville, MO (Google Maps). Captain Subke said they have considered whether these are Gary's remains. They sent the bones to Texas to have them analyzed, but apparently the Univ isn't accepting new cases. FCSO then sent the bones to St. Louis ME's office but decided against it due to a long wait time. So, about 2-3 weeks ago they contracted with a private company to help ID these remains. Hopefully they'll be successful in giving this man his name back and providing his family with answers. I'll check in with him at a later date and will update if there's anything new.

I wonder whether these remains could be Gary Lee Brumley, missing since December 16, 1984 while visiting his cousin in Iberia, MO. His car was later found abandoned at a truck stop in Cuba, MO (approx. a 45-minute drive from Pacific, MO). Gary isn't in NamUS or any of the other missing person's sites, but I created a thread for him.

I spoke with Captain Charles Subke at the Franklin County Sheriff's Office regarding these remains. I called to inquire about Gary Wayne Akers as a potential match. He was last known to be about 13.5 miles (21 mins) away buying beer in Grubville, MO (Google Maps). Captain Subke said they have considered whether these are Gary's remains. They sent the bones to Texas to have them analyzed, but apparently the Univ isn't accepting new cases. FCSO then sent the bones to St. Louis ME's office but decided against it due to a long wait time. So, about 2-3 weeks ago they contracted with a private company to help ID these remains. Hopefully they'll be successful in giving this man his name back and providing his family with answers. I'll check in with him at a later date and will update if there's anything new.
Have you heard any updates on this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyLFC1892
Back