NC NC - Blake Deven, 5-6, last photo is from 2012 & London Deven, 12, missing since 2007, FBI involved, Fayetteville

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
434669651_805475924949780_3135543368656866767_n.jpg

|Missing and Endangered Person|

The Fayetteville Police Department is requesting the public's assistance to locate 17-year-old Blake Deven.

While conducting interviews in a separate police investigation, several members of Blake's family reported they have not seen him in several years.

Due to the unusual circumstances of his reported disappearance, the Fayetteville Police Department's Homicide Unit, which also investigates missing and endangered persons, is leading the investigation. On March 27, 2024, the Fayetteville Police Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation searched three locations in Fayetteville as part of the expanding investigation to find Blake.

Fayetteville Police Department requested the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children create an age progressed photo to better depict what Blake may look like today at age 17.

If anyone has information concerning the whereabouts of Blake Deven, they are asked to contact Fayetteville Police Department tipline at (910) 578-2697.

NCMEC has 8/1/2022 as missing date and this photo

NCMC2011401c1.jpg

ABC11 asked FPD when Blake was reported missing, but the department was unable to share any further information.

The last known photo of Blake was in about 2012, which is when he was in elementary school.

Wow, this is very confusing! Was Blake never reported missing? Who did he live with? Did he stop attending school?

“It’s an estimation really designed to spark recognition of that missing child,” said Leemie Kahng-Sofer, a program manager within the Missing Children Division of the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC).

Police said they were conducting interviews Wednesday in a separate investigation, and several members of the boy’s family mentioned they hadn’t seen Blake in years.

This is crazy like why didn't you report the child missing then like sometimes parents can get arrested for neglecting their children and not filing a missing child report. the parents hopefully for them will be lucky that they won't be arrested not just that they better have a good reason for not reporting that child missing for almost 12 years. And sometimes a missing child can resurface and the parents can be arrested in the process if the child come forward with information the police will ask them to share sometimes this is not the case tho for some however I just hope that when they find his parents they will be arrested unless they have a good reason why they didn't or couldn't file a report or use investigation agency's to help into their son's disappearance 12 years ago.

Last edited:
434669651_805475924949780_3135543368656866767_n.jpg

|Missing and Endangered Person|

The Fayetteville Police Department is requesting the public's assistance to locate 17-year-old Blake Deven.

While conducting interviews in a separate police investigation, several members of Blake's family reported they have not seen him in several years.

Due to the unusual circumstances of his reported disappearance, the Fayetteville Police Department's Homicide Unit, which also investigates missing and endangered persons, is leading the investigation. On March 27, 2024, the Fayetteville Police Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation searched three locations in Fayetteville as part of the expanding investigation to find Blake.

Fayetteville Police Department requested the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children create an age progressed photo to better depict what Blake may look like today at age 17.

If anyone has information concerning the whereabouts of Blake Deven, they are asked to contact Fayetteville Police Department tipline at (910) 578-2697.

NCMEC has 8/1/2022 as missing date and this photo

NCMC2011401c1.jpg

ABC11 asked FPD when Blake was reported missing, but the department was unable to share any further information.

The last known photo of Blake was in about 2012, which is when he was in elementary school.

Wow, this is very confusing! Was Blake never reported missing? Who did he live with? Did he stop attending school?
That's a great question who did he live with and did he stop attending elementary school this is so confusing.

Last edited:
why speak up now but not speak up later about a child... To Parents out their y'all have one job and that is to speak up about your child or children sooner than later like if you suspect something is wrong unless you have a good reason for doing so. I hope parents on here learn a lesson from this never neglect your child or children. if you suspect something is wrong or suspicious about your child don't wait until 12 years to speak this is so confusing and I'm just learning this about a child who wasn't able to be reported by his parents until 12 years later. 12 years is really a long time to be missing but it gets worse when a child wasn't even reported missing then. hope the parents are questioned why didn't you do this then. all people have to do is speak up at the right time. Im not trying to badmouth the parents but they need to learn that they are consequences for their actions if they can't come up with a good reason why their child wasn't even reported missing in the first place.

This is a case with more questions than answers - and no doubt the authorities will be seeking answers from the parents.

However, a fiver says that this kid was pulled out of school to be "home educated"

Yet another sad case which shows why the authorities ought to be checking in on home educated children. It's so easy to use it as a way to cover up abuse.

My head is spinning. Who reported him missing? It says family members haven't seen him in years but are those the parents or uncle/aunt/cousin kind of thing? What does the school say when he just stopped going? Where are the parents?
Is it possible that since the police were notified by multiple people that nobody had seen him in years -- they could then file the report by themselves? I'm not too sure how it works so feel free to correct me, but I assume that if they're told by relatives that they haven't seen a minor child since 2022, they are obligated to make a report (after verifying he wasn't around). Maybe it wasn't a specific family member who reported it is what I mean. They said this was discovered in the process of another investigation, if this investigation never happened maybe nobody would have spoken up about it. Very sad all around and we're definitely missing some pieces of the puzzle here either way...

A quick search of FB for Blake Deven missing and you will find a supposed family member that explains what happened.
He isn't listed in NAMUS yet. I hope Deven is found alive and well.
According to this report, 3 different locations were searched for Deven. Authorities know a lot more than what they're releasing to the public.

There really is a lot going on in this case that hasn’t been mentioned in SM.

Do you mean MSM - Mainstream Media? MSM can be posted here but posts from SM- Social Media can't.

So far from MSM there is an aunt saying he was placed in foster care about 10 years ago.

Was he ever returned to his biological parent(s) or is he supported to still be in a foster home now? is my first question.

Do you mean MSM - Mainstream Media? MSM can be posted here but posts from SM- Social Media can't.

So far from MSM there is an aunt saying he was placed in foster care about 10 years ago.

Was he ever returned to his biological parent(s) or is he supported to still be in a foster home now? is my first question.
Yes, sorry, stupid mistake of me! English isn’t my first (or second,..) language. Sorry!

Good work by the owner of Charley Project, adding his case so quickly.
<modsnip> I gather he was adopted from foster care and was last seen by someone (school/family member/doctor) in 2022. I adopted from foster care and I am required to send the state a school letter or doctor's physical every year, but I don't know what would happen if I didn't. If I pulled him from school or moved, I don't know if there would be any checks and balances.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back