Need Help - How to Locate Police Report/Death Investigation Details

enter_a_name

Reaction score
Hi WS friends -

I hope this post isn't breaking any rules but I could use some help from the pros. I live in an apartment in Phoenix and the police were here conducting a criminal death investigation yesterday.

Our Leasing office has been closed for the past several weeks due to COVID19 & state mandated "stay at home orders". Unfortunately, we have not received any communication regarding a death in the building nor an ongoing police investigation. We do not expect to receive such communication, as I believe it's not required for landlords in the state of Arizona :eek:

Obviously, I am concerned for my personal safety and trying to locate more information. Nothing has been posted in the Nextdoor app, our community Facebook page, or any of the local news websites. Seems like the only news coverage is all things coronavirus.

Any suggestions on how I can locate more information via AZ public records? I have the date of the crime and an approximate timeline of when residents observed police activity. Appreciate any tips you can share to help this single-girl living alone feel more informed.

Check for obituaries at funeral homes???

I'll come back if I get another idea.

Reactions: byo
@enter_a_name , try scanners -- we have scanner threads, there are people near you that listen to multiple scanners as a hobby.

If you can find a scanner fan or two, you might learn what sort of call was placed to send those units to your apartment complex back in April.

Any luck with obituaries?

We're curious, here in CyberSpace....

I'm a bit late but, you probably could find a Facebook page/group dedicated to your local area that posted something off of a scanner. My town has (city name) area traffic and news updates. Yours could have a similar name. Look for some buzzwords like that with your city name added in. You'll likely find something.

If it was more than a natural death there would have been press coverage. There is nothing to worry about and that’s just what the police will tell you.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back