MISTRIAL Netherlands - Dutch crime reporter, Peter R de Vries, has been shot, Amsterdam, July 2021 *arrest*

Thank you, it is a Dutch sore, the day he was murdered....
There were days, when I saw him on TV, thinking: "okayyy, there is Peter again.."
But he always had my respect for his ongoing quest for justice and answers.
I see that now, he helped so many, even if some cases remain unsolved, his pitbull attention has done, so much, we should never forget!
Crime reporters are precious!

We are going to miss you Peter. There are other Dutch crime journalists, but nobody compared to you. You were such a wonderful example for all of us. Fighting for justice and against injustice. There are so many (cold) cases you worked on and rescued quite a couple of people from miscarriages of justice...with your never lasting energy and bravery. The list is so long and to long to mention. Also you were a confidant to so many families in pain with murdered and missing children or people who needed somehow your protection. Although you could sometimes be a little to smart, snippy, arrogant and "media horny" I've always admired you for who you are and where you stood for. You will always be remembered by me. I hope you are free now....and we all know you never ever bended your knee. Respect!!!

I'm still very sad this happened. Everything I wrote above still stands! Following the legal process/trial.

Oct 2021rbbm.
Peter R de Vries: Suspect denies knowledge of Dutch reporter's murder
''The prosecution say the DNA of both suspects was found on a machine gun in the back of the Renault. A converted pistol with ammunition was also found, along with written documents belonging to Delano G.

Prosecutors also said Kamil E had carried out reconnaissance in a garage where Peter R de Vries had parked three times before the shooting.

They said there were grounds to keep both men in detention while they gathered evidence in preparation to present charges.

Pre-trial detention was extended and the next hearing will be held in December.''

Europe is the safest continent for journalists, but it’s getting more dangerous
Nov 4 2021
''Media freedom comes under increasing threat, not just in Europe as the latest World Press Freedom Index from Reporters Without Borders (RSF) shows, but throughout the world. Members of the media are threatened in tandem with menaces to democracy.

The latest World Press Freedom Index indicated that while Europe is the safest continent to be a journalist, it is becoming less safe.

In April, a Greek crime journalist was shot dead in Athens. In July, crime reporter Peter R De Vries, was shot in the Netherlands and died nine days later.''
0_PA-60839840.jpg

A picture of the Dutch journalist Peter R de Vries and flowers placed in vigil at the Lange Leidse Dwarsstraat street where was been shot on July 9, 2021 in Amsterdam,Netherlands. The Dutch journalist Peter R de Vries specializing in organised crime was shot in the head last Tuesday, is still in hospital in critical condition, his family said in a statement today. (Photo by Paulo Amorim/Sipa USA)
''In 2017, the investigative journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia was killed by a car bomb. The following year, a Slovakian journalist was murdered along with his girlfriend, he was investigating fraud involving businesspeople with political links, Euractiv reports. In 2019, Lyra McKee was killed while reporting on rioting in Derry.

There are many more journalists who have been harmed, though not killed, in Europe. During the summer, Belarusian authorities forced a commercial airplane to land so that they could snatch dissident journalist Roman Protasevich. inews reports that he pleaded with the crew not to land saying, “they’re going to kill me.”

Europe is the safest continent for journalists, but it’s getting more dangerous
Nov 4 2021
''Media freedom comes under increasing threat, not just in Europe as the latest World Press Freedom Index from Reporters Without Borders (RSF) shows, but throughout the world. Members of the media are threatened in tandem with menaces to democracy.

The latest World Press Freedom Index indicated that while Europe is the safest continent to be a journalist, it is becoming less safe.

In April, a Greek crime journalist was shot dead in Athens. In July, crime reporter Peter R De Vries, was shot in the Netherlands and died nine days later.''
0_PA-60839840.jpg

A picture of the Dutch journalist Peter R de Vries and flowers placed in vigil at the Lange Leidse Dwarsstraat street where was been shot on July 9, 2021 in Amsterdam,Netherlands. The Dutch journalist Peter R de Vries specializing in organised crime was shot in the head last Tuesday, is still in hospital in critical condition, his family said in a statement today. (Photo by Paulo Amorim/Sipa USA)
''In 2017, the investigative journalist Daphne Caruana Galizia was killed by a car bomb. The following year, a Slovakian journalist was murdered along with his girlfriend, he was investigating fraud involving businesspeople with political links, Euractiv reports. In 2019, Lyra McKee was killed while reporting on rioting in Derry.

There are many more journalists who have been harmed, though not killed, in Europe. During the summer, Belarusian authorities forced a commercial airplane to land so that they could snatch dissident journalist Roman Protasevich. inews reports that he pleaded with the crew not to land saying, “they’re going to kill me.”
:(

Yesterday, Peters children made a victim speech - it was heartbreaking and impressive at the same time:

Daughter Peter R. de Vries: 'This murder also cost the lives of your loved ones'​

“The murder you committed didn't just cost my father's life,” she said. "It also cost the lives of your loved ones: your parents, your children."

Kelly spoke directly to suspects Delano G. and Kamil E. "Delano, I look at you the way you dared not look at my father when you shot him from behind..."

Dochter Peter R. de Vries: 'Deze moord kostte ook de levens van jullie dierbaren'

———————————————————————————————————————

Sept 26 2022
''THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) — Dutch prosecutors said Monday that a 30-year-old man suspected of involvement in the slaying of crime reporter Peter R. de Vries has been arrested by authorities in Poland.''

Two men were arrested near The Hague soon after De Vries were shot and are on trial for his murder. Prosecutors have sought life sentences for both. One of them is a Polish national, Kamil E., who is the alleged getaway driver.

Another Polish national was arrested in July on suspicion of instructing the two men who carried out the hit. Two other suspects were arrested in Spain and Curacao on the same day.''

The trial of the alleged shooter and getaway driver in the slaying of a prominent Dutch crime reporter must start anew after one of the judges hearing the case emigrated, a court in Amsterdam ruled Thursday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back