New forum! Information, ideas, requests

It has been over 12 hours.
Since I posted a possible match for princess blue.
What is the status of the investigation?

It has been over 12 hours.
Since I posted a possible match for princess blue.
What is the status of the investigation?

It's not that fast. It goes to the UID forum and they check it and submit it. They know who to contact. First thing they do is check it to be sure it is a possible match based on physical attributes. When they have pictures to work with they do those indepth comparisions first. They do this before they submit it to Namus or LE.

It takes weeks or sometimes months. All depends on whether they have DNA and dentals to go by.

If it has already been ruled out you get a quick answer. Otherwise, it takes time.

Hope that helps.

Just a suggestion but not critical and no hurry.
Just for the future.
If we could divide the uids on separate threads from the decade they were found.
It would be easier and quicker to search for a possible match instead of browsing through each one each time in the current thread created.

For example.
If I am looking for a match to an uid from a person missing from the 90s.
I could just go into the 90s uid(when they were found)thread and look there.
Instead of looking and reading each one over and over in the single thread we have now.

Any feedback?
Thank-you for reading my suggestion

We're listening! And still trying to sort out the organizational system that will work best... keep the ideas coming, and :tyou: so much for your dedication and patience!

I'm always glad to hear suggestions from you, Mr. TT. Currently we have one thread to list all "Killing Fields UID's" [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154147"]Killing Fields Unidentified **NO DISCUSSION-LIST ONLY** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

It is a non-discussion thread to list only unidentified victims (Jane Does). I'll probably make it a sticky so it will always be easy to find. Will that work? We weren't planning to have a UID thread for each decade, but I suppose we could if there are enough to warrant that change.

I'm always glad to hear suggestions from you, Mr. TT. Currently we have one thread to list all "Killing Fields UID's" Killing Fields Unidentified **NO DISCUSSION-LIST ONLY** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

It is a non-discussion thread to list only unidentified victims (Jane Does). I'll probably make it a sticky so it will always be easy to find. Will that work? We weren't planning to have a UID thread for each decade, but I suppose we could if there are enough to warrant that change.

Thank-you.
That would be fine.
I don't expect there to be thousands added to it.
So the ones that are added now and in future should not be a over whelming number.

And would do me good to read each one and memorize them that way.
Thank-you for helping me see the light on this.

Great! I've posted a few guidelines in the UID thread to keep it simple and concise for easy reference. Post titles beginning with the year, county and estimated age will make it easier to scroll through.

Did you mean to put this in the Media, Information thread?

I thought this was the information thread. According to the title, it is. I thought it was supposed to go in here, since I was putting my own comments about it, and I thought the media thread was no discussion... But then again, I've been confused in here lately, lol. Sorry.

I've copied them into the media and links thread now.

I thought this was the information thread. According to the title, it is. I thought it was supposed to go in here, since I was putting my own comments about it, and I thought the media thread was no discussion... But then again, I've been confused in here lately, lol. Sorry.

I've copied them into the media and links thread now.

No problem. This is the thread for sorting things out. :D

New information on UIDs: I've been thinking about this for over a week, bounced it off the mods and now came to a decision. <danger! haha>

I'm going to make a UID mini-subforum for this subforum. This will be for UID information only.

If you guys choose to pull out one individual UID to discuss, start a thread on that case in the UID mini-subforum and a mod will move the thread to the UID. What we'll do is leave the redirect link permantly in your mini-subforum so you can refer to it, but the thread itself will be in the UID forum.

Clear as mud? :lol:

And you guys can add whatever other UID information in there as needed. Perhaps a thread on similarities between UID remains, etc. You guys will probably come up with better ideas than I have, I'm sure. :blowkiss:

:grouphug:

So members can click on the redirect from the sub-sub-forum here and post without having to go over to the UID forum. But...the thread will actually be in the UID forum. Very clever, Kimster. Thank you! :cupcake:

Can someone start a thread for the Identified found in Texas?
I think there are two or three found in Texas with a connection or thought of being connected to the killing fields especially the one found in 75.

This thread seemed to went dormant during the winter months.
Hopefully with spring approaching we will be able to identify more.

I grew up a few streets down from the killing fields (I lived on Oleander Lane, off of Calder Dr.) My mom used to know a gentleman that worked with the guy who owned the stables and the main suspect. I don't think they solved the case but I DO know they identified the two Jane Does. A lot of creepy s*** went down when I lived there as a kid, I strongly believed the guy who owned the stables did it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back