NH - Dartmouth professors Half & Susanne Zantop murdered, 27 Jan 2001

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
Hi all ...
watching dateline right now and they are talking about two professors who were murdered a while back ... I did a search on this forum for more info and didn't see anything. It's an interesting and rather disturbing case.
Is there any info on this site about this case?

Thanks!

I haven't seen anything about it here...

But you'll find more info about it when searching the murderers names, too- Robert Tulloch & James Parker. The victims' name also comes up in searches as Zantrop, BTW, so look there, too.

A man who pleaded guilty in the 2001 stabbing deaths of two Dartmouth College professors when he was 16 has asked a judge for a shorter sentence.

James Parker was sentenced to 25 years to life. His minimum release date is in May 2024. He’s allowed to petition for a reduced sentence now that he’s served two-thirds of the minimum time.

Parker’s gotten a master’s degree and contributed to artistic projects. The state objected to an early release.

James Parker asks for shorter sentence for Dartmouth murders

There's a book about this case. It's been some time since I read it, but I remember it as being good. It's called Judgement Ridge.

I do hope that the parole supervision for Parker is very strict. This was a truly brutal crime.

MOO

There's a book about this case. It's been some time since I read it, but I remember it as being good. It's called Judgement Ridge.

I do hope that the parole supervision for Parker is very strict. This was a truly brutal crime.

MOO

Yes it was brutal. Twas my neighborhood at that time. Shook up all of New England. So senseless and cruel.
And when they found that knife sheath, everyone just felt...suc relief. People were scared.

But I do believe we have to give the prison system's reformative programs credit in criminal cases. I don't think I have issue with him getting parole.

I actually feel the same about Pamela Smart. NH and the national media truly exposed just how despicable she was. But now, at this late date, I feel she has been denied due process .

Yes it was brutal. Twas my neighborhood at that time. Shook up all of New England. So senseless and cruel.
And when they found that knife sheath, everyone just felt...suc relief. People were scared.

But I do believe we have to give the prison system's reformative programs credit in criminal cases. I don't think I have issue with him getting parole.

I actually feel the same about Pamela Smart. NH and the national media truly exposed just how despicable she was. But now, at this late date, I feel she has been denied due process .
I think it's certainly an environment that can produce change in certain young offenders, if the programs are good and the offenders genuinely want to change and grow in a positive direction in their lives.

I wasn't aware of the Smart case, but I had a Google. I probably have a more cynical opinion of paederasts and their capacity and willingness to change than you might... I think it's probably for the best that Pamela stays where she is, away from children.

MOO

I think it's certainly an environment that can produce change in certain young offenders, if the programs are good and the offenders genuinely want to change and grow in a positive direction in their lives.

I wasn't aware of the Smart case, but I had a Google. I probably have a more cynical opinion of paederasts and their capacity and willingness to change than you might... I think it's probably for the best that Pamela stays where she is, away from children.

MOO
The Pamela Smart case was truly sensational for the times. The Nicole Kidman movie was even good, tho slanted the truths and facts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savagely_chaotic
Back