NH NH - Laureen Rahn, 14, Manchester, 27 April 1980

I have the impression that this girl left with a boyfriend or an older man, perhaps with the appearance of a rich and successful man who promised her the world, clothes, money, trips, etc... perhaps he trafficked with her or sold her, perhaps that would explain the sighting in Canada ... but I find it very strange that after receiving strange phone calls the mother changed her number. If her daughter were missing, wouldn't she want to be as accessible and easy to locate as possible, in case she ever tries to return home? If your daughter was missing and you started getting strange calls, wouldn't a part of you wonder if it might be her? I'm not saying the mother was involved or knows what happened, but it seems like an odd move to me. Certainly not what she would do if she hoped and prayed for my missing son to come home... whatever.
rest in peace

I believe that this is the result of a very f'd up and brazen human trafficking ring, or somehow worse. First of all, the male friend leaving at exactly the time he heard people coming is no coincidence. I feel like him, and probably the female friend as well were in on it. Definitely the male though, I believe he is the one who sold her to them and his suicide 5 years later is not surprising at all. The lightbulbs all being unscrewed, the multiple voices heard in the hall, all point to something more scary than her running away or leaving with some people and meeting foul play. Plus the leads to the Dr. Z and the phone calls from hotels. The female friend being asleep in Laureen's bed and the phone calls to her mother at exactly the time she reported her missing make me also think that maybe there was an element to it all that was intended to directly traumatize Laureen's poor mother. Altogether feel like this is one of the darkest abduction cases I can imagine from these details.

Honestly, I won't be surprised if Laureen was a victim of Terry Peder Rasmussen. After all, he lived only a mile and a half away from her. Also, Denise Deneault disappeared just 6 weeks after Laureen vanished (and 2 blocks away too), but the worst part is that she lived just a few doors down from Rasmussen.

Honestly, I won't be surprised if Laureen was a victim of Terry Peder Rasmussen. After all, he lived only a mile and a half away from her. Also, Denise Deneault disappeared just 6 weeks after Laureen vanished (and 2 blocks away too), but the worst part is that she lived just a few doors down from Rasmussen.
Yeah. People can argue their "oh but he only murdered his girlfriends/ children!!! Denise's husband was a criminal!!" etc... until they are green, I won't change my mind.
Denise D. disappeared efter leaving the Merrimack Club, at Merrimack and Union, only seconds from Laureen's house. They both disappeared on a weekend night and only weeks apart. I don't care about their different circumstances.
Manchester is not a huge city and women don't regularly go missing and vanish for years then boom, six females in less than six months, seven females in two years (if we assume Marlyse and the girls were murdered between June and October 1980, which I do).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back