• Date of Birth: circa 1943
  • Race: White/Caucasian
  • Height: 5' 8" (68 inches)
  • Weight: 180 - 190 lbs
  • Hair Color: Light Brown/Balding/Possible Mustache
  • Eye Color: Hazel
  • Nickname/Alias: Frank. Buddy.
  • Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown
  • Clothing & Personal Items: Blue jeans and sneakers.
  • Other Personal Items: 1978 white Buick Regal with New Jersey license plate 794IXA
  • Identifiers: Unknown
Circumstances of Disappearance:
Schmidt went missing from Neptune, New Jersey on September 14, 1979. He left for work to his job in South Plainfield, New Jersey in his 1978 white Buick Regal and hasn't been seen since. New Jersey State Police sent a helicopter to search up and down the Parkway to see if his car went off the road, with no success. Schmidt's vehicle was never located and his credit cards have not been used since his disappearance. His whereabouts remain unknown.

Investigators:
  • Neptune Township Police Department: (732) 988-8000
    Reference Case#: 79-14780
NamUs Case Number: MP27310
NCIC Case Number: Not available

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Does anyone know the new name of route 46? I’ve tried to look for it on google earth and on the general web, but can’t find anything. I’ve tried “old route 46,” “route 46 south,” as well. I know his home in Neptune is east of South Plainfield, but I’d like to look for the likely roads he would have taken home, and see sonar the waters later in the year if everything goes well. Thank you in advance for any help!

Does anyone know the new name of route 46? I’ve tried to look for it on google earth and on the general web, but can’t find anything. I’ve tried “old route 46,” “route 46 south,” as well. I know his home in Neptune is east of South Plainfield, but I’d like to look for the likely roads he would have taken home, and see sonar the waters later in the year if everything goes well. Thank you in advance for any help!
Buddy left a "diner on RT-46" off Garden State Parkway EXIT 145 (Parsippany Troy Hills, NJ), then he left papers" at his office located west of Garden State Parkway EXIT 132 (South Plainfield, NJ), and then his final destination that night was his home at 210 Brighton Ave (nearby the Shark River Firehouse) off Garden State Park way EXIT 100 (Neptune, NJ)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodhaven1
Back