NM - 10-month old baby ET safe after 5yo child injured, mother and friend murdered, suspect in maroon Honda, Clovis, 3 May 2024 *suspect in custody*

If the child actually was hit by a car, maybe this was a drug-induced and sloppy attempt to cover up a hit and run? Doesn't explain taking the baby... unless the baby was disposed of in the water, and not actually taken.

Hoping for a good outcome, but the fact that a witness was left alive actually makes me more concerned that the perp was in some kind of altered (drug or mh) state and is incapable of rational behavior. Or getting caught is not a concern for some reason.

Wow, I never thought of military or jail. I do feel that this person (s) were after the baby though. Who kills 2 woman, attempts to kill/harms a 5yr old unless you're only after one thing? IMO

How do authorities not know if the injured child was "...shot, beaten, or hit with a car...?"
sounds like she has a severe localized head injury that, on imaging, does not show a projectile (which does not rule out a through and through gunshot wound). a close-contact gunshot wound, beating with an object, and hit with a car can all cause very messy, difficult to assess headwounds. medical staff is likely working very hard on life saving actions, and aren't focusing on identifying the cause, probing the wound, etc. if this goes to autopsy (obviously i hope it wont), much more can be done to identify the cause of the wound.

Have there been any updates on whether the father of the 5 year old has been located and interviewed?
This is the quote from the article linked in post #13:

Police had not been able to locate the father of the 5-year-old early Saturday.

"No idea where he is and of course we would like to speak with him," Clovis Police Chief Roy Rice said on Saturday morning.

Of course the PD needs to speak to him and he needs to be notified about his daughter, but IMO it isn't likely that he is involved. It just doesn't make sense that he would take the baby (who is not his child) and leave his own 5yo child for dead.

My gosh, what kind of monster do we have here?! Two women murdered, a five-year-old in critical condition, and a baby missing. :(

Sounds like they just stopped at the lake to eat either before or after taking the puppies to Walmart. Is that correct?

Any news of water searches yet? The article below says the women were killed about 100 yards north of the lake closest to the main entrance, and they were considering a search of the water.

Glad to read that the FBI is involved.

How unbelievably tragic.

View attachment 501365
Ned Houk Park is located about 5 miles north of Clovis on 3,200 acres, according to the city of Clovis website. About 370 acres are developed, including three lakes and several picnic areas. The park is popular with area residents who ride horses and all-terrain vehicles.

ETA: It bothers me that the car seat was left behind.
IMO, I'm getting a hincky feeling (more of a hope really) that the baby was the target ... and that the perpatrator came prepared with a car seat for her. I hope this is true as it gives a glimmer of a chance that she will be recovered unharmed from an absolute monster. Anyone all of a sudden have a 10 month old child in their home that no one has seen/noticed before?? Anyone expecting a "new dad" home from away who hasn't yet met "his" approx 10 month old? Anyone get snookered into marrying their significant other due to them being 'pregnant' who's coming back into the picture and so girlie needs a child to show for it?

*** Seeing the 'military and jail' suggestions; they make sense if this scenario, or similar, is what is actually playing out.

Please let this little one be recovered unharmed. Please let this little 5 yo recover fully.

I agree about the car seat; I have also been worried about that.

Another interesting bit from the linked article, about the maroon Honda:

The Amber Alert reported the suspect "was possibly in a maroon Honda car."

Clovis Deputy Police Chief Trevor Thron said investigators found a car part belonging to a maroon Honda at the scene of the slayings. But he characterized the find as "a stretch" as to whether it was related to the homicides.

From this, it really is "a stretch" to think that the Honda was involved. I thought that a maroon Honda might have been seen on a camera or mentioned by someone in the area, but just finding a car part in the area probably will turn out to not be connected. Of course they have to consider everything.

I also thought it was interesting that food the women had picked up at a drive-in was still untouched in the car. That means that they were killed shortly after they arrived at the park, and makes me wonder if someone followed them there. Their purses and personal belongings were still at the site, so it was apparently not a robbery, and makes it seem as if taking the baby might have been the motive.
Or maybe a hired hit?

Clovis Police Department

MEDIA RELEASE
CLOVIS POLICE DEPARTMENT
CLOVIS NEW MEXICO

Released through the Office of Roy Rice, Chief of Police,
Clovis Police Department

By Steven Wright, Lieutenant, Clovis Police Department, (575) 763-9469

Release Date: 05/03/24

Incident Type: Double Homicide – Child Abduction, Ned Houk Park, Clovis, New Mexico
Contact Person: Steven Wright, Lieutenant, Public Information Officer, 575-763-9469

Clovis, NM – May 3, 2024 – On May 3, 2024, at approximately 4:26 PM, the Clovis Police Department Dispatch Center received a 911 call from a person who believed they found two dead females at Ned Houk Park. Ned Houk Park is a city park located 5 miles north of Clovis. Officers arrived on scene and found two female victims, with apparent gunshot wounds, laying on the ground near a silver Dodge minivan. A young female child was also found on the ground suffering from an injury to her head. Officers began giving life-saving measures to the child. Clovis EMS arrived on scene and transported the child to Plains Regional Medical Center. The child was later transferred to a Lubbock, TX area hospital.

The female victims were identified as Samantha Cisneros, age 23, and Taryn Allen, age 23. Both females were from Texico, NM.

Officers on scene discovered there was an infant car seat, an infant stroller and a small baby bottle left at the scene. Officers were concerned there was an infant child with the female victims when this incident happened. Officers immediately began searching the area for the infant.

The 9th Judicial Major Crime Unit was activated and took over the investigation. Through interviews with family members, investigators learned Samantha Cisneros was the mother to the young female child found at the scene and was also the mother to a 10-month-old child, EMT. Investigators believe EMT has been abducted by the perpetrator of this crime and is in immediate danger. An Amber Alert was issued for EMT.

This investigation is ongoing. If anyone has pertinent information on these victims or were at Ned Houk Park on this date, we ask you to contact the Clovis Police Department at 575-769-1921. The Clovis Police Department also would like to remind you that information can be provided anonymously by using the Clovis Police Department’s tip411 program, accessed by going to www.police.cityofclovis.org.

Very interesting comments on the CPD facebook post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thron said no arrest warrants had been issued in connection with the case. He said investigators had "no clue" what led to the deaths.

"We do know they were supposed to be at Walmart, from what family members knew, selling puppies," Thron said.

"They had five puppies inside their vehicle at Ned Houk. Everybody thought they were at Walmart with the puppies. We're not sure if they were at Walmart and then went to Ned Houk, we just don't know."

The victims had been to Twin Cronnies drive-in; their food was untouched in the car, Thron said.

Police also weren't sure how one woman died. One, Rice said, was shot. The second woman may have also been shot, but investigators with the Office of the Medical Investigator were trying to determine her cause of death late Friday.

Taryn's last post, WOW - Log into Facebook

So the girls were either selling or giving puppies away at Walmart. LE doesn't know yet if they had been to Walmart, but I'm sure they are reviewing footage. It seems they may have grabbed lunch and went to the park to eat - maybe let the puppies out to go to the bathroom, but they never got the chance :(

Targeted by someone at the park?

The pinned post? I saw that earlier. So weird it was exactly a year before she would be killed.
A year to the very day - May 3rd.

Clovis, NM – May 3, 2024 – On May 3, 2024, at approximately 4:26 PM, the Clovis Police Department Dispatch Center received a 911 call from a person who believed they found two dead females at Ned Houk Park. Ned Houk Park is a city park located 5 miles north of Clovis.

Officers arrived on scene and found two female victims, with apparent gunshot wounds, laying on the ground near a silver Dodge minivan.

LINK

Noting the time the 911 call came in to dispatch and throwing up a map. Walmart & Twin Cronnie are close together, park is further away - all within an 8.5 mile radius.

Police also found five puppies in the victims’ vehicle.

“We do know they were supposed to be at Walmart, from what family members knew, selling puppies,” Clovis Deputy Police Chief Trevor Thron said.

“Everybody thought they were at Walmart with the puppies. We’re not sure if they were at Walmart and then went to Ned Houk, we just don’t know.”

Infant Abducted From New Mexico Double Murder Scene Is Found

The 5-year-old was was taken to Plains Regional Medical Center before being transferred to a hospital in Lubbock, Texas. The Amber Alert reports that someone shot the 5-year-old.
NMSP Amber Alert for EMT

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ