Deborah Overbaugh
View on NamUs

Date last seen July 13, 1992
Age last seen 34 years old
Sex Female
Race White
Ethnicity Unsure
Nickname/Alias Deborah Piccirello
Circumstances: Overbaugh was last seen in Kingston, NY in 1992.

City last seen Kingston
County last seen Ulster
State last seen New York

Weight 135 to 135 lbs
Height 64 to 65 inches
Hair color Brown
Head hair light brown, blonde

Left eye color Blue
Right eye color Blue
Eye description She wears glasses.

Deformities
Scars and marks She has a third nipple below her right breast.

The Lost & The Found

Thumbnail

Woman missing for 10 years

he word evokes sorrow, longing and a need for closure among people who have a loved one with unknown whereabouts.

Ten years ago, the word took on an ominous and painful meaning for Rudy and Pat Tabbitas of Kingston. Their daughter, Deborah M. Overbaugh Piccirello, of state Route 32 in Saugerties, disappeared after meeting with her ex-husband in Kingston, and she hasn't been seen or heard from since.
"As far as we're concerned, we're never going to give up hope," Rudy Tabbitas said this week. "We don't think she's alive, but we don't know that she's dead."

Piccirello, who was 34 when she vanished, was last seen around noon on July 13, 1992, in Uptown Kingston with her ex-husband, Stephen. A home health-care aide, she placed a call from a pay phone near Forsyth Park to cancel an afternoon appointment before meeting her ex-husband at Terri's, a deli and convenience store on nearby Emerson Street.

The two then got into Deborah Piccirello's car and drove off.

The car was found on Janet Street, just around the corner from the deli, two days after Piccirello's family reported her missing. Police at the time said they considered the disappearance suspicious because there was no indication Piccirello had planned to leave the area.

Tabbitas said he and his family believe the ex-husband was involved in the disappearance, but Stephen Piccirello has denied any wrongdoing and has not been charged by police.

"He's getting on in years," Tabbitas said of his former son-in-law. "I wish that he would just tell us where she is so that we can have peace of mind."

State police investigators would not say whether Stephen Piccirello is a suspect, and attempts by a reporter to reach him have been unsuccessful. He reportedly lives in Massachusetts.

Tabbitas said his daughter was afraid her ex-husband would hurt her - so afraid that she sent her teen-age son (from a previous marriage) to live with his father overseas.

"She had sent him away because she was frightened something would happen to her, and she disappeared five days later," Tabbitas said.

State police Lt. Henry Vance said the Piccirello investigation remains open and, like all unsolved cases, is reviewed periodically to see if any new information can be gleaned from evidence and interviews.

But with no closure to be had, Deborah Piccirello's large and close-knit family is left wondering if they'll ever know the truth.

"The thing is that when somebody disappears and is missing, they're forgotten, and this is kind of disturbing to us because it's not forgotten for us," Tabbitas said. "We have no closure, and the only thing that's keeping us going is our faith in God, and asking God to intervene and give us the patience to deal with this."

Piccirello, who would be 44 now, has been described as 5-foot-5 and about 135 pounds with brown and gray hair, blue eyes and glasses. She was last seen wearing a white blouse and blue slacks.

Deborah Marie Overbaugh – The Charley Project

• Missing Since 07/13/1992
  • Missing From Kingston, New York
  • Classification Missing
  • Date of Birth 01/09/1958 (60)
  • Age 34 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'4 - 5'5, 135 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Dark brown hair, blue eyes. Overbaugh has a third nipple below her right breast. She wears eyeglasses. Overbaugh may use the last name Piccirello.
Details of Disappearance
Overbaugh was last seen in Kingston, New York on July 13, 1992. She has never been heard from again. The exact circumstances surrounding her disappearance are unclear.

Unlike Laura Garza, many missing-person cases in New York never make headlines

State police Capt. Wayne Olson, who supervises the investigators involved in the Garza search, recalls a case 15 years ago when he was an investigator assigned to the Kingston barracks. It's still open — the disappearance of a woman named Deborah Overbaugh. She'd had problems, some of them violent, with her family, and she had a stepson who had, as Olson puts it, a "checkered past."

"That was dealt with, right upfront, as a homicide," Olson recalls.

MadamX, have authorities interviewed the son???

Its sad that there hasn't been any movement on this. I know her ex husband, Stephen, died about 20 years ago. My mom dated his (I believe) oldest son, Peter (who went by Steve, as its his middle name) in the mid to late 90s. Both of them creeped me out, and their house in Kingston, Ma that they moved to after Deborah disappeared was one I'd never go into.. something about it just screamed stay away. Not for nothing, Peter has been in trouble. Not only did he put his hands on me, he did the same to another young girl in Bourne, Ma. I hope this case gets solved, and justice is served.

Its sad that there hasn't been any movement on this. I know her ex husband, Stephen, died about 20 years ago. My mom dated his (I believe) oldest son, Peter (who went by Steve, as its his middle name) in the mid to late 90s. Both of them creeped me out, and their house in Kingston, Ma that they moved to after Deborah disappeared was one I'd never go into.. something about it just screamed stay away. Not for nothing, Peter has been in trouble. Not only did he put his hands on me, he did the same to another young girl in Bourne, Ma. I hope this case gets solved, and justice is served.

Glad to know that you are ok!! I wonder if they checked any of the houses or backyards?

Glad to know that you are ok!! I wonder if they checked any of the houses or backyards?
Not sure. Mind you, my mom dated Peter during late 97 to about 99 maybe. Im ok because I got away from this guy and there were other people in the house. I noted something about the one time he did corner me, he put his hand under my shirt and went for my right breast.. Deborah had a third nipple there. To this day, because of him, I do not like being approached from behind, head is constantly on swivel....

Not sure. Mind you, my mom dated Peter during late 97 to about 99 maybe. Im ok because I got away from this guy and there were other people in the house. I noted something about the one time he did corner me, he put his hand under my shirt and went for my right breast.. Deborah had a third nipple there. To this day, because of him, I do not like being approached from behind, head is constantly on swivel....

Omg Iam so sorry to hear this happened to you. Yes mentally it does affect you. I really am glad your ok and nothing more sinister happened. It’s still horrible but could of been worse.
It does makes me wonder if this is something similar that happened to Deborah and she fought back or was going to say something to their father and therefore was vanished. It mentions that the circumstances of her disappearance is unclear.

Omg Iam so sorry to hear this happened to you. Yes mentally it does affect you. I really am glad your ok and nothing more sinister happened. It’s still horrible but could of been worse.
It does makes me wonder if this is something similar that happened to Deborah and she fought back or was going to say something to their father and therefore was vanished. It mentions that the circumstances of her disappearance is unclear.
As I said, both father and son were very creepy, just something dark behind their eyes. Deborah probably knew just how much, which is why Im surprised she agreed to meet Stephen, even in public, given that she was so scared of him. Something about this case just doesnt add up, the whole thing stinks.

As I said, both father and son were very creepy, just something dark behind their eyes. Deborah probably knew just how much, which is why Im surprised she agreed to meet Stephen, even in public, given that she was so scared of him. Something about this case just doesnt add up, the whole thing stinks.

Yes it does stink. It stinks that at the time it did not get enough publicity. Especially since the article I had last posted said Deborah has had some violent problems with family. I wonder if that family that is mentioned are the stepsons?

July 22, 2021 updated story

again we see that the ex-husband kills the woman... there are few details about this case but I feel that not enough has been done by the police... as always they select the cases and only give some of them priority... It is more than clear that the ex-husband killed her...
either way
rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AJW4966