Identified! NY - Manhattan, 'Midtown Jane Doe', WhtFem 16-21, 337UFNY, under concrete, ring w/ 'P McG', Feb'03 Patricia McGlone

Hello to everyone!

I'm beginning my holiday week and in my "down time" cruising the web, I came across the below page and immediately thought of this thread and this missing young lady. May be a long shot though.

Judith Ramona Veloz​

Hello!

I've been researching Manhattan Jane Doe 2003 as well. On one thread, they're talking about Cynthia Constantine, who I also had on my list. Also Patricia McGill, who I know has been widely discussed on here in connection w/MJD2003. Her age is off, but she looks very small and slight for her age from many of the images I've seen of her. And Priscilla Giordano McGee.

I haven't see Alexis Owens mentioned as often, and I'd wonder if she could be MJD2003. Found this: Name: Alexis Christina Owens MJD2003
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: April 15, 1987
Location Last Seen: Port Orchard, Kitsap County, Washington

And this: Date of Birth: March 9, 1971
Race: White
Height: 5'2" (157 cm)
Weight: 120-150 lbs (68 kg).
Hair Color: Dark blonde
Eye Color: Blue/green
Nickname/Alias: Kris, Chris, Chrissy Owens, Amy Owens, Sherry Ann Mc Gallion
Distinguishing Marks/Features:
She has a mole on her right cheek

I haven't seen Carol "Kitty" Donn mentioned as often:
NCMEC Number 108725
Missing Age 17 Years
Current Age 60 Years
Legal First Name Carol
Middle Name Elaine
Legal Last Name Donn
Chosen Name/Nickname/Alias Kitty
Biological Sex Female
Height 5' 6" (66 Inches)
Weight 120 lbs
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian

Circumstances of Disappearance Per law enforcement, Donn left home on January 2, 1981 while her mother was at work. All of Donn's belongings were left behind including her purse. Donn had runaway several times in the past but usually returned within several weeks. Once she went as far as New York. There has been no contact with Donn since she left home.

Jewelry
HOMEMADE PENNY EARRINGS

Also had listed Peggy Ann Reed, who traded rings with her older sister earlier before disappearing in 1974. Tracy Marie Kroh, PA, but they had a very strong suspect on that who was local.

The pouring of cement for 2003 MJD really interested me, and I see someone asking if it's connected with the 2008 NY Jane Doe, who also was found in a cement slab in a building that had a club (in Tribeca). I would definitely think these cases could be related. Incidentally, Rex Heuermann worked on a building literally down the street (I "streetviewed" it) from the 2008 site. He worked at multiple buildings like five minutes away from the 2003 site.

I see really, really wide ranges in terms of the date when 2003 MJD would actually have been murdered. I have a bad feeling she may have been an undocumented Irish immigrant who fell out of touch with her family back in Ireland in her time in the US, meaning we may never know who she was. If the 2003 and 2008 cases do turn out to be related, probably the best hope of finding her identity would be to find out who 2008 Jane Doe is, who killed that victim, and see if that killer could be the 2003 Jane Doe killer. I'd say it could be "worked" the other way around as well, but I don't know it is possible to track this Jane Doe's identity.

I don't think Judith is the 2003 MJD, but I can't help but notice the striking resemblance between Judith and Shannan Gilbert.

Could the person who killed her have owned an asphalt/concrete company?

I recently listened to the cases of Margaret Dash, Retha Hiers, and Donyelle Johnson. The man who is most likely to have murdered them also owned an asphalt business and is speculated to have disposed of them that way.

Someone on the 2008 Tribeca Jane Doe page noted a club called the Harmony club, a sex club, which was right next door to the building on Church Street where 2008 Jane Doe was discovered. I found this interesting so I'm researching that club now, and what would seem to be of note is, it's been around a very long time, it was originally at W. 48th St, which would be quite close to the building where MJD2003 was found. So basically, if you view these two cases as connected because of the concrete, you might also wonder if there's a potential connection via this club, too, the Harmony Theater/Burlesque. Here's what I found on this place in the NYPOST: "One such spot: strip club Harmony Burlesque on Church Street in Tribeca. Highly mercenary, open exclusively to strippers of the female gender, definitely more raunchy and far less artful than Rent Cheque, it was designed so that any woman who came in was allowed to strip for tips. Despite the fact that it was situated next to a pretty classy Italian eatery called Arqua Ristorante — and attracted some of the now-defunct dining spot’s Wall Street clientele — the Giuliani administration’s health inspectors were unimpressed." Shut down in 1998.

Also, just noting Heuermann had permits for a building very near (like just down the block) on Church St, and buildings like sometimes less than five minutes from the 2003 MJD building.

Last edited:
Her NamUs page has been removed.
I'm curious for those of you who have had cold cases of particular interest to you solved - is law enforcement likely to make an announcement? I am not entitled to any information whatsoever, and at the same time I've thought about this person so much and would appreciate knowing who she is.

THANK YOU, you are a wonderful forward thinker!

I'm curious for those of you who have had cold cases of particular interest to you solved - is law enforcement likely to make an announcement? I am not entitled to any information whatsoever, and at the same time I've thought about this person so much and would appreciate knowing who she is.

It varies widely--I've seen everything from large-scale press conferences with the family of the deceased included to complete silence with the only sign being that the Namus page disappeared.

If DNA Doe Project, Othram, or any of the other genealogical investigators is involved, there is likely to be at least a brief announcement that the person is identified and LE isn't releasing information at this time.

So we'll just have to wait and see.

Seeing that SkunkJam Girl's NamUs is also removed, I'm hoping they're not down just because of maintenance or updates. I’ve noticed that several NY cases are regularly modified on the same days, but not always updated with new info, etc. Wonder if LE/ME have specific dates where they scan over their profiles, or something like that?

I wouldn't look to DoeNetwork for being reliable when it comes to identifications; they've marked several UIDs identified once their NamUs are down before, only to backtrack once it's clear it was just a false alarm. Best to wait for a more official statement from LE, ME, the FIGG company, etc.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, though!

Seeing that SkunkJam Girl's NamUs is also removed, I'm hoping they're not down just because of maintenance or updates. I’ve noticed that several NY cases are regularly modified on the same days, but not always updated with new info, etc. Wonder if LE/ME have specific dates where they scan over their profiles, or something like that?

I wouldn't look to DoeNetwork for being reliable when it comes to identifications; they've marked several UIDs identified once their NamUs are down before, only to backtrack once it's clear it was just a false alarm. Best to wait for a more official statement from LE, ME, the FIGG company, etc.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, though!
I don’t know how often NamUs used to remove profiles and then add them back, but in a little over two years since I’ve been tracking NamUs I don’t remember it happening more than a handful of times. Granted, my memory is not the best, but I am fairly certain it’s very uncommon.
However, I have seen cases where the case isn’t counted as resolved when the profile is removed, and also cases where it is counted as resolved only for the resolved cases to go down when the profile comes back up.
ETA: we need a NamUs insider :D

Last edited:
One thing that can cause a Namus case to appear to disappear is when the LE agency that maintains it sets it to "not public" for some reason--which is not uncommon when a case is being updated (extensive evidence photos added, new reconstructions, updating the exclusions list, etc.) But that doesn't usually affect the "resolved" count.

One thing that can cause a Namus case to appear to disappear is when the LE agency that maintains it sets it to "not public" for some reason--which is not uncommon when a case is being updated (extensive evidence photos added, new reconstructions, updating the exclusions list, etc.) But that doesn't usually affect the "resolved" count.
I get that the profile may look down for a while being updated, I saw it happen once for a few hours, but for a profile to be down for more than a day and then come back up I've only seen it 5 times and I've tracked a bit over 1700 UID cases that have been removed. Of those only 2 remain up to this day, the rest were identified after a few weeks, so I think, like you said, a big update was going on behind close doors. That makes me very hopeful when a profile goes down and usually good news follows, even though sometimes it takes a while..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back