OH OH - Susan Diane Wolff Cappel, 19, Newcomerstown, 16 March 1982

16 March 2022 by Jon Baker, The Times-Reporter

NEWCOMERSTOWN — Judy Wolff hasn't seen or heard from her daughter Susan Wolff Cappel in 40 years.

Though Cappel was declared legally dead in 2015, Wolff and her husband, Jim, aren't 100% certain that their daughter is really gone.

"We still think there's a good possibility that she may be alive somewhere," Wolff said. "Now that doesn't make sense but it does to me because I don't know what's going to happen."

She says a prayer every day for her only daughter.

"I had a time there when it first happened that I thought, I can't keep doing this. I can't keep praying because it's not helping. But that didn't last very long," Wolff said.

Susan Wolff Cappel: Previous coverage: Disappearance of Susan Wolff Cappel unsolved after more than 30 years

Cappel's disappearance on the night of March 16, 1982, has been one of the most enduring mysteries in Tuscarawas County in the last half century.

The Wolffs traveled over much of the country following up on leads on their missing daughter. They gave numerous newspaper interviews and have appeared on TV seeking the public's help in locating Susan.

But the mystery of Cappel's disappearance remains...

LINK:

I would say that given the circumstances of her custody battle, the husband's cousin's blue car, and the behavior of the husband, that he was involved. He worked for Ohio DOT, so if I were savvy enough to find out, which I'm not, I'd be looking for any DOT construction sites that were active at that time. I'd almost bet money that is where she ended up. RIP Susan!

It is more than clear that she was kidnapped and murdered, perhaps as the parents say, they threatened their 18-month-old son, the ex-husband has something to do with it... what a terrible thing, spiteful men willing to kill in order to be free of their ex-wife. ...there is no one left to be judged and the truth is that I think we will never know what really happened to her...
either way
rest in peace

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member