OR - Tillamook Police Chief Raymond Rau confessed to removing and destroying drugs from evidence, convicted, Apr 2024

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Tillamook Police Chief Raymond Rau had just learned someone in his department discovered drugs missing from a property storage locker.

He immediately rushed into the office and approached the desk of his evidence technician. But instead of launching an investigation, he made a remarkable confession.

“Yeah, I’ve been taking the evidence and destroying it,” Rau told the technician. “...I’ve been doing it for months.”

More at ‘I’ve been doing it for months’: Oregon police chief confessed immediately after worker reported missing drugs

I can't believe that he was sentenced to only 10 days in jail.

From the Oregon live.com story linked by @GuyfromCanada: "Rau’s misconduct and the state police audit findings have led to the dismissal of dozens of criminal cases and convictions, according to defense lawyers in the county."

SRSLY, they let this guy walk with 10 days in jail and three years probation? How can this be? He left a trail of destruction and destroyed cases.
And did anyone think to check what was going on in the Malheur area before he left, after all of this came to light?
And because this is the Tilamook area, it has to be said that it's all pretty cheesy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back