PA - Lataya Powell, F/13 - Accused of Homicide + :: Wilkes Barre, Luzerne County, 29 March 2024

“I’m the reason my mom is dead,” says Pa. teen charged in deadly stabbing

The criminal complaint states Powell said, “I killed my mom and she’ll never forgive me if she is alive.”

Wilkes-Barre police said Powell told them she threw the weapon on the neighbor’s doorstep.

Officers said Powell made various comments while in custody such as “I don’t have my phone because my mom took it before our fight,” “I’m the reason my mom is dead,” and “I don’t know how people can do stuff like this and not feel bad about it,” along with various of other comments.

Powell has been charged with homicide, two counts of aggravated assault, and tampering with evidence.

13-year-old girl accused of killing mom after her phone was taken away, police say

WILKES-BARRE, Pa. (Gray News) - A 13-year-old girl is accused of killing her mom after having her phone taken away on Friday, according to Pennsylvania authorities.
[snip]
She is being charged as an adult.

13-year-old girl makes shocking confession after allegedly killing mom, stabbing brother
Police found no knives or cutting instruments when they arrived, but noticed kitchen drawers and cabinets with padlocks, according to WBRE.

One appeared to have been broken and a padlock was lying on the floor, the outlet reported, citing an arrest affidavit.

When Powell was confronted by cops, she told them she threw the weapon on a neighbor’s doorstep, WBRE reported.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramada.williams.gc@gmail.
Back