PA - Penn Twp, Lancaster Co - suspect Matthew Harrison, 48, wanted after wife Jami Harrison, 49, found dead *Arrest*

Bounceycat

Reaction score

Police in Lancaster County are searching for a man after his wife was found dead.

Northern Lancaster County Regional Police said they were called to the 2200 block of Mount Hope Road in Penn Township on Monday.

When police arrived, they located the female as described, later identified as Jami A. Harrison (age 49), deceased. Due to observations at the scene, NLCRPD considered the death suspicious and began an investigation. Autopsy results received today confirmed that the manner of death was homicide by strangulation," police said in a statement.

Now, police said they are actively searching for her husband, Matthew Harrison, 48. He may be driving a black, 2017 Chevy Silverado pickup truck with the PA registration ZND7298.

"Harrison is currently considered to be a dangerous person and wanted for questioning by the NLCRPD. Anyone who sees Harrison or his vehicle should call 911 immediately," police said.

Harrison has ties in the areas of Lancaster and York counties. He is described as:

Race: White
Height: 5 feet 7 inches
Weight: 170 pounds
Eyes: Hazel

On February 5, 2024, @ 4:12 PM NLCRPD responded to the 2200 block of Mount Hope Road in Penn Township for the report of an adult female who appeared to have suffered from a cardiac arrest event. When police arrived, they located the female as described, later identified as Jami A. HARRISON (age 49), deceased. Due to observations at the scene, NLCRPD considered the death suspicious and began an investigation. Autopsy results received today confirmed that the manner of death was homicide by strangulation.

NLCRPD and associated law enforcement partners are actively searching for the victim’s husband, Matthew S. Harrison (age 48), described as a light skin black male, 5’7” tall, 170 lbs., with hazel eyes. He is believed to be driving a black, 2017 K1500, 4-door, Chevy Silverado pick-up truck bearing PA registration ZND7298.

Harrison is believed to have ties to areas of Lancaster and York County. Harrison is currently considered to be a dangerous person and wanted for questioning by the NLCRPD. Anyone who sees Harrison or his vehicle should call 911 immediately.

The NLCRPD, in cooperation with the Lancaster Co. District Attorney’s Office, is actively investigating the case. The investigation is ongoing, and updates will be provided when appropriate.

Anyone with information is asked to call NLCRPD at (717)733-0965 or Lancaster County Crime Stoppers at (800) 322-1913. You may also submit a tip through CrimeWatch via the “Submit a Tip” feature. Tipsters may remain anonymous and do not have to give their names.

2200 block Mount Hope Road Manheim, PA 17545

Date Issued
Feb 7, 2024 @ 12:10 PM

Incident Type
Homicide

Sourced via CRIMEWATCH®: INCIDENT: HOMICIDE INVESTIGATION

New info from article:

According to the Lancaster County District Attorney’s Office, police have since learned that the suspect had been staying at a hotel in Manheim and checked out of on Monday, Feb 5 by 1:40 p.m.

The office reports that text messages from the victim’s phone from Feb. 2 and Feb. 4 showed the suspect insulting her and saying he needed to grab things from the home on February 5.

Text messages extracted from the suspect’s phone on Feb. 7 also include him telling a coworker, “I won’t be back” and “the demon in me broke free” as well as telling a family member, “I’ve been having murder on my brain” on Feb. 5, 2024, according to the office.

New details
An 11-year-old child who had just come home from school on Monday found the victim, Jami Harrison, 49. The child called 911, telling dispatchers that the victim was deceased and that there were bruises all over her body. The child also told the dispatcher that Harrison's husband "is really mean and hurts" her.

"(An officer) found the victim laying supine in her bed, partially covered with a blanket, wearing a black shirt. The victim was deceased. (The officer) reported that he observed what appeared to be red marks on the victim’s neck and possibly bruising on her forehead," the affidavit states.

Jami Harrison's daughter later told police that her mother and her husband Matthew Harrison argued on Friday, Feb. 2, and that Matthew had left the home and was staying at a nearby hotel. The daughter described their relationship as "tumultuous," telling investigators that Matthew Harrison would push her mother into walls and pour beer over her head. She also said he had strangled her mother on previous occasions.

Police said they later found out that Matthew Harrison had checked out of the Comfort Inn on Lebanon Road in Manheim on Monday, Feb. 5 and was gone by 1:40 p.m.

Detectives talked to Matthew Harrison's mother, who told them that Harrison's son, her grandson, had called her, saying "dad snapped" and that the victim was dead, according to the document.

Police said when they spoke to the son, he denied saying his father had snapped. When detectives asked about the text exchange between him and his father, police said he told them he had erased their texts.

Police obtained a search warrant and said they discovered the following messages that were exchanged on Saturday, Feb. 3, at 7:06 p.m.

"Matthew Harrison messages, 'If I kill her by now I'm cool son.' (The son) replies, 'Come on now ol head lol' and Matthew responds, 'S*** you think kidding.' After being told to 'be cool,' Matthew replies, 'Ever since what happened to you…I've been having murder on my brain' followed by '*advertiser censored** that b****.'"

The document states that on Monday, Feb. 5, at 7:56 p.m., the following messages were exchanged:

"After being asked to talk to [name redacted] Matthew indicates that he doesn't want his phone to 'ping.' Matthew questions, 'What did you hear?' and [name redacted] replied, 'She's dead.'"

Police said Matthew did not show up for his scheduled shift at High Steel Structures on Feb. 5. A coworker provided a detective with messages sent and received by Matthew Harrison. The document states that Matthew said in one of them, "Dude I'm in a world of sh**." The messages go on to say that he is on the run from police and the coworker will find out about it on the news, the affidavit states. He also tells the coworker the "demon in me finally broke free," according to investigators.

From Feb. 3 to Feb. 4, police said Matthew Harrison sent more than 120 messages to the victim before she replied. Among many harassing messages and insults, investigators said he also messaged the following phrases:

"Your not getting away with this."
"If I'm going down your coming with me."
"How's that for your marriage."
"It's till death do us apart."

"The autopsy also showed signs of sexual assault to the victim’s body, according to police."

I've always been a proponent of sparing use of the death penalty, but everything I read about what this guy did to Jami makes me wish it was still used in Pennsylvania. (It's still legal, but hasn't been used in 25 years.)

THEY GOT HIM!

Northern Lancaster County Regional police said Matthew Harrison, 48, and his vehicle were located in Luzerne County.

Harrison was found in a hotel in Pittston and arrested after a brief standoff with police, according to investigators.

Harrison will be transported back to Lancaster County to be arraigned on charges related to the homicide.

'Murder on My Brain': Man Sent Chilling Texts Before His Wife Was Found Dead With Bruises, Sexual Assault

The child allegedly alleged to a responding officer that Matthew was “really mean and hurts” Jami, the statement said.

Officers found Jami on her bed with strangulation marks and bruises on different parts of her body, and she displayed “signs of sexual assault,” the statement said.

Her death has been ruled a homicide, per the statement. She died as a result of strangulation.

He had allegedly sent Jami “insulting” messages on the days prior to her alleged killing, said the statement. He allegedly told her he would be coming by the house to grab his belongings and sent her 120 messages before she responded, the statement claims.

"On the day Jami’s body was found, Matthew allegedly messaged a family member that he had been “having murder on my brain,” the statement said. (According to a probable cause affidavit reviewed by WGAL, Matthew's son was the family member who received this message.)"

Pre-meditation. 1st degree right here. Add in aggravated assault or sexual assault and that's an aggravating factor to the 1st degree murder charge in PA, as I understand. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Mugshot and Arraignment

Harrison was brought back to Lancaster County overnight and had a video arraignment from the Lancaster County Prison on charges of first- and second-degree murder, strangulation and aggravated indecent assault.

Judge William Benner said Harrison was silent while hearing the charges against him but adamantly denied the charges related to sexually abusing 49-year-old Jami Harrison prior to her death.

Harrison's next court appearance has been tentatively scheduled for later this month, but we've learned the magisterial district judge who would cover the case, Judge Joseph Stauffer, is recusing himself because his wife is a detective who investigated the case.

Attachments

• 65c6746af14eb.image.png
    65c6746af14eb.image.png
    290.4 KB · Views: 12
Holly Weaver said she went to Manheim Central High School with Jami Harrison.

Weaver described her as happy-go-lucky and friendly.

"It's such a sad situation. Living and growing up in Manheim, everyone kind of knows everyone and knows everyone's family. So, just hearing something like that from somebody my age is really kind of devastating," she said.

A resident in the area of the home on Mount Hope Road reported a sighting of Matthew Harrison, but police have yet to find him.

"It's kind of scary how you know how the man could still be in Manheim but I'm happy that the police are out and searching," said Weaver's daughter, Reese.

"In my mind I assume he is not here anymore, but it's kind of scary to think about he could still be here," Weaver said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back