Plaid hat girl with dark hair and wild eye makeup

I'd think that her real hair had to be much shorter and maybe curly to make putting on this wig make sense.
Make up like she tried to apply it for the first time in her life... maybe that hat was put on to cover up the fact that wig looks too big on her.
These two girls are different races.
You can't be sure really. There is a lot of shadow visible on the left picture, while right pic has all lights on the face.

I'd think that her real hair had to be much shorter and maybe curly to make putting on this wig make sense.
Make up like she tried to apply it for the first time in her life... maybe that hat was put on to cover up the fact that wig looks too big on her.

You can't be sure really. There is a lot of shadow visible on the left picture, while right pic has all lights on the face.
That's sixties makeup! I was supposed to look like that. Check out Twiggy for example.

Reposting her photos here again as some of the links are broken:

1675107606961.png
1675107621093.png
1675107611739.png

She looks very South East Asian or Pacific Islander to me. Nose and hair texture looks very Filipino/Malay/Indonesian IMO. If not then my next guess would be Latina.

A couple of people mentioned she may be Jeannette Kamahele but I don't personally think she is, she doesn't have a mole that the lady above has next to her nose.

1675107776317.png

Do happen to know where this photo was taken? (NY/CA?) It may clue us into her possible ethnicity and identity.

I cropped and zoomed in, having not looked at this thread in quite awhile. I am more certain than I was before that she was VERY young. :(Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 6.17.28 PM.png

Is it known if any women on those pics taken by Alcala were wearing wigs?

I do not believe he was known to have a "Thing" for wigs, if that is what you mean? And I have not really noticed others where it seemed people were discussing wigs as possible.

I go back and forth here if this was her real hair or not. There is a lot going on with the eye make-up and the plaid hat that is distracting already, it is difficult to know.

I do not believe he was known to have a "Thing" for wigs, if that is what you mean? And I have not really noticed others where it seemed people were discussing wigs as possible.

I go back and forth here if this was her real hair or not. There is a lot going on with the eye make-up and the plaid hat that is distracting already, it is difficult to know.
No, I didn't mean "thing" for wigs, only if it's known that some women or girls were wearing a wig to pose for pictures.
I don't recall it either, but every time I look at this girl, my mind takes a note "oh, this girl is wearing a wig".
But maybe it's just odd light or something.

Also oh my God, this is just stunning resemblance.
I think she looks a little too old to be Tara Cossey, and there is general agreement this is NYC vs California.... but there does seem a bit of a resemblance. Tara Lossett Cossey – The Charley Project View attachment 398894
Nose and lips seem to be bit different, but those could change a bit while growing up... so possible only if she's at least two-three years younger on the left.
But if Tara disappeared 06.06.1979 and he was caught on 26th it seems to be pretty unlikely.

Alcala often used poor lighting. I personally think he was a pretty mediocre photographer, in addition to be a terrible person.

I know what you mean about wondering if this young woman might be wearing a wig. When I cropped in and posted above, I went back to leaning towards this is her natural hair, from the way individual loose strands are kind of sticking against her neck.

The image of Tara I believe is from the same year she disappeared, but I am not 100% certain it was taken in 1979. It looks like a school photo, so maybe it was from 1978, the prior fall or summer? Kids can mature rapidly at that age, but my feeling is the young woman is more likely someone who resembles Tara. Still, I couldn't shake the resemblance and there is a very very slim chance it could be her. I shared mostly to give us an idea of what the young woman's background may be though. I think she was similar to Tara.

With that said, throwing a wig and heavy makeup on such a young girl would be a way to disguise her, and his next victim Robin, was only 12.... :(

Alcala often used poor lighting. I personally think he was a pretty mediocre photographer, in addition to be a terrible person.

I know what you mean about wondering if this young woman might be wearing a wig. When I cropped in and posted above, I went back to leaning towards this is her natural hair, from the way individual loose strands are kind of sticking against her neck.

The image of Tara I believe is from the same year she disappeared, but I am not 100% certain it was taken in 1979. It looks like a school photo, so maybe it was from 1978, the prior fall or summer? Kids can mature rapidly at that age, but my feeling is the young woman is more likely someone who resembles Tara. Still, I couldn't shake the resemblance and there is a very very slim chance it could be her. I shared mostly to give us an idea of what the young woman's background may be though. I think she was similar to Tara.
He used poor lightening to hide stuff imo.

They are a bit different. As I said, I am not really going for this being Tara, although I cannot rule her out 100% in my mind, more that this young woman is someone who would possibly be from a similar ethnic make up to Tara. They look a lot alike to me.

She looks Latina hence the confusion over her ethnic origins. A lot of Latinas are mixed with Amerindian which is an old ancestral ethnic group that is closely related to the outdated anthropological classification of "Mongoloids" which consists of East Asian and Southeast Asian people. So, it's not surprising that some commenters guess that she's of Pacific Islander or Filipino oriign. I think her ethnic origins are probably multiracial like most Latinas but because of her look that doesn't resemble a lot of the Latinos who live in the US (including Alcala) these photos were probably taken outside of the country. I remember reading that Alcala traveled to Puerto Rico so this could be taken in P.R or Mexico. She may not be a murder victim but it's likely that he had unlawful sex with a minor teenage girl.

Reposting her photos here again as some of the links are broken:

View attachment 398795
View attachment 398797
View attachment 398796

She looks very South East Asian or Pacific Islander to me. Nose and hair texture looks very Filipino/Malay/Indonesian IMO. If not then my next guess would be Latina.

A couple of people mentioned she may be Jeannette Kamahele but I don't personally think she is, she doesn't have a mole that the lady above has next to her nose.

View attachment 398798

Do happen to know where this photo was taken? (NY/CA?) It may clue us into her possible ethnicity and identity.
I don't see how people can claim that. This girl has big eyes and a short midface. Jeannette has small eyes and a long midface.

What is this thread about? The links in the 1st post don't work & the purpose for the posting is unclear. I assume we are trying to ID the female in the photo but even after reading this thread, I have no clue as to what the thread is about. Also, the header is VAGUE to the point of adding no meaning whatsoever: timeframe, UP or MP, etc. Why?

Apologies if my questions seem stupid but I'm not following. At all. Help!

TIA
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500