POLL - Did Chase Merritt murder the McStay family?

Did Chase Merritt murder the McStay family?

• Guilty

Votes: 154 91.7%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 14 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Exactly.

So once again I will quote the wise words of ADA Rick Distaso that he said in his closing argument in the death penalty case against Scott Peterson since it very much applies to the Merritt case as well.

I believe THIS DT is even worse with wanting the jury to believe so many facts in evidence were mere coincidences.

' How many coincidences are you willing to believe, and still be able to call yourself reasonable minded people?'

May justice for the McStay family of four come soon!

imho

prosecutors everywhere should quote him in their closings IMO

What is your opinion - did Chase Merritt murder the McStay family?
He’s 100% guilty in my eyes. However I’ve been following this case for 9 years so wanted to test my judgement.

So today, out of interest, I took my sister (who’d never heard of CM or the Mcstays) through the entire case and outlined all the circumstantial evidence. After hearing it she was totally convinced of CM’s guilt especially after hearing of the motive and many coincidences. Quickbooks cancellation attempt and pings near the graves being the most compelling evidence in her eyes.

Last edited:
I think the jury will find his cell phone searches very compelling evidence they will also weigh during deliberations.

Those searches shows very much a COG. Imo his guilt is why he was searching how to create a new identity, and ways to sneak into Canada.

The timing of these searches even highlights his guilt even more.

Imo

I think he's guilty. I hope the jury convicts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back