Problem with 2 step verification

Sounds promising!

What email address do I type in as the contact?

can add the sender email address to your Google Contacts

On a computer (web site)​

1. On your computer, go to contacts.google.com
  2. At the top left corner, select Create contact
  3. Enter the contact’s information, including the sender email address
  4. Select Save in the bottom right corner

Thank you!

Anybody, Buehler, anybody?

Anyone know the specific email address to whitelist?

I posted it a few posts back - websleuthscomments at gmail dot com - and the whitelisting didn't work at all for me, but perhaps you'll have more luck! I'll probably just make another address with a different provider, silly that it's needed for just one website but so be it.

Oh for goodness sake; I made another address not on Gmail (Outlook) and tried to change... "The email address you entered has been banned by the administrator. Please try another. " Seriously?!

I saw that new accounts can't be made with free providers (which seems very harsh given many internet providers don't offer email any more) but even if that is a spam prevention tactic I'd have thought it'd be ok for an existing clearly non-spammer member to change to a free provider?

Please can you make this whole process a bit more friendly to members who just want to keep our accounts working...

Edit: THANK YOU to the person some way back in the thread who said Yahoo works - you're right, it does. Phew! This could still be so much easier if the obvious providers could just be used but at least I have a functioning email in my account now.

Last edited:
Doing a happy dance right now. Had to change my email address as changing providers to get fiber optic in my rural area. So used my alternative gmail address, no luck here. Finally read this thread, tried the whitelist, no luck. I made a yahoo address and it worked immediately and I didn't lose the watched threads. That was what I was most fearful of, but it's all good. And now download speed is 250 as opposed to 12!

I couldn't get it to work.so I got a proton email and made this one . Sucks though trying to find all the cases I followed under corrupted
If you create a yahoo email account, and contact a mod saying you got locked out of your old account, they should be able to help you get into your old account

My local email provider closed & I had t have a new address -- gmail, you know it.

I emailed, and used the Contact Us link , and then Tricia herself fixed my access. No confirmation email at all.

Thanks again, @Tricia !

I registered under my gmail account and never received a confirmation message there. I changed my email to an icloud account and it works. Is there an issue using gmail accounts? I prefer to use my gmail account. My outlook account did not work either..

Thank you

Reporting my post to ask if this can be explained. I can log in & post, but am not receiving notifications when there is a response to a Conversation.

Happy to be able to log in & post, that's the main thing -- but the @gmail thing is odd & has been gong on for a while.

jomho ymmv lrr

Oh for goodness sake; I made another address not on Gmail (Outlook) and tried to change... "The email address you entered has been banned by the administrator. Please try another. " Seriously?!

I saw that new accounts can't be made with free providers (which seems very harsh given many internet providers don't offer email any more) but even if that is a spam prevention tactic I'd have thought it'd be ok for an existing clearly non-spammer member to change to a free provider?

Please can you make this whole process a bit more friendly to members who just want to keep our accounts working...

Edit: THANK YOU to the person some way back in the thread who said Yahoo works - you're right, it does. Phew! This could still be so much easier if the obvious providers could just be used but at least I have a functioning email in my account now.
Same issue with me. I had to register with my icloud account

I registered under my gmail account and never received a confirmation message there. I changed my email to an icloud account and it works. Is there an issue using gmail accounts? I prefer to use my gmail account. My outlook account did not work either..

Thank you
It appears Websleuths emails still aren't being received by Gmail accounts. Thats odd.

It appears Websleuths emails still aren't being received by Gmail accounts. Thats odd.
On one non-TC forum I hang out on, some new members have problems joining, and one of the admins tells them to use another service because their ISP is one of several that is known to eat acceptance e-mails from traditional Internet forums, probably because they don't like forums that allow handles (they want real-name transparency, like in Facebook groups). This has been going on for over a decade, and only deals with ISPs, but could Google now be adopting this stance with Gmail?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back