Request for Interview--- seeking Citizen Detectives

DrG

Verified Forensic Psychologist
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

My name is Kyle and I am a professor at Roger Williams University in Bristol, Rhode Island where I teach in the Forensic Mental Health Program. I am currently working on a research project related to a number of topics that have some connection to each other, namely several New England missing persons cases, true crime media, and the citizen-detective community. In my research, I've been interviewing law enforcement officers, podcasters, survivors, and members of the public regarding the influence of true crime media and culture on unsolved cases.

I am interested in interviewing members of the citizen-detective online community and am particularly interested in the WebSleuths community. I am looking for forum members who consider themselves citizen-detectives and have spent time researching one or more unsolved cases. If you meet these criteria, and are interested, please consider responding to my survey questions.

The questions are posted below. If you wish to participate, you may reply to the questions in this forum or PM me with your answers. You may respond to any of the questions you wish and please do not share personal-identifiable information.

Thank you for your consideration,

-Dr. G

SURVEY QUESTIONS--------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Please describe your background. (please do not share Personal Identifiable Information)
What’s your education?
What kind of work do you do professionally?
What’s your family life like?

*What drew you to the True Crime community?

*What specific cold cases have you researched or investigated?

*What form of media do you like? Can you give me some examples?

*Are you or someone you are close to connected to the law enforcement community?

*In what ways have you interacted with law enforcement in relation to your investigation?

*How do you interact with the True Crime community? Online forums? Specific websites?

*How much time a day/week/month do you spend researching cases?

*What do you like about the True Crime community?

*What don’t you like about the True Crime community?

*What do you think are the positive/negative effects of the True Crime community on cold cases in the United States?

*What has your experience been like with the True Crime community?

*In researching cases, how have you managed any distress that has arisen as a result of your investigation?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ
Back