SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMPLOYMENT HISTORY​

SOLID ROCK MINISTRIES (DEC 1, 2023 - MAR 1, 2024)​

Employment Dates
Dec 1, 2023 - Mar 1, 2024
Employer's Address
246 Coldwater Cir, Myrtle Beach, SC, 29588

They are saying she was a worship leader at the Church - FWIW.
So the church he is the pastor for paid her a salary and then she files for divorce and he's asking for support? This is a wow!!

Right? Very weird… Mica also said “You don’t have to stay in an abusive relationship, whether that’s … someone forcing you to take illegal drugs …

I wonder what exactly the cause of death was. Do we know? It just feels like a very uncommon and atypical example of abuse for someone to list off unless, you know, maybe they have experienced it themselves? All speculation of course but it just stood out to me.

Mica Miller

When terrible terrible TERRIBLE things happen to you… (yall know what I’m talking about;)
RPF: resting peace face

#stillblessed #Godisgood
May be an image of 1 person

<modsnip - social media comments are considered rumor and can't be discussed here>

Many telling comments from members of the Church. I’m shocked, if even 50% of it is true. IMO <modsnip - social media comments are considered rumor and can't be discussed here (but can be pointed at)>

Last edited by a moderator:
Watch this bizarro video
= Donate, Donate, Donate <3
That dude was weird.

'You all know she wasn't well mentally and that she needed her medicine and it was hard to get to her,' he said.

Prior to making the announcement, he asked his flock to stand and instructed them to, 'leave church quietly and don't talk about the announcement here in the building.'

'I'm taking a little bit of a break, it might be a few days or weeks. I got a call last night, my wife has passed away, yeah it was self-induced [...] I'm just kind of going on adrenaline,' Miller's husband said.

Kenn Young, Mica's friend, is among those searching for answers over what happened.

'This has to be at least looked into deeply. There's got to be some accountability here,' he told WPDE. 'Because yeah, a tragic life was lost, and it's not just as simple as mental health issues.'

Miller's sisters have also alluded to questions around her death, making posts with the caption '#JusticeforMica

In an interview with ABC15, Miller's husband reiterated that his wife had taken her own life.

'She had struggled with suicide before,' he said. 'Each time we would help her through it and take her to the doctor, and we got through it and everything was fine.

'She even gave a few testimonies here at church that we have on video. She battled suicide but God took care of her and got her through it.'

Last edited:
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>
I'm sure that filing for divorce was a decision that was not made lightly. Her situation must have been absolutely unbearable. I believe that women in church leadership positions may feel compelled to tolerate untenable relationships, believing that they are held to a higher standard and fearing disapproval from their congregation. The congregation was likely her spiritual family, friends and social group. How does she manage that when her husband is also a member of the congregation. There is so much to lose. She must have felt squeezed in a vice.

Have we heard whether or not she left a letter? She seems like someone who would want to express herself at the end. But perhaps there was no opportunity to leave a farewell message.

As the pastor claims he and his wife “spent every night together for hours just talking and talking and talking,” Mica Miller filed for divorce from her husband in Oct. 2023, according to court records viewed by the Post.

The case was dismissed in February, but a few days later John-Paul Miller filed for “Separate Support and Maintenance” seeking financial support as the couple were still legally married.

In April, Mica Miller also filed for “Separate Support and Maintenance” with a hearing that was scheduled for June 5.

“There is a lot of talk already going on so i want to set the record straight. Our sister Mica Miller passed away yesterday. Please do not listen to false stories being shared about her,” Miller’s sister Savannah shared on Facebook. “Mica was a God-fearing, joyful, loving woman who did not deserve the abuse she endured.”

One of Mica Miller’s final Facebook posts included her smiling in a selfie along with an eerie caption.

“When terrible terrible TERRIBLE things happen to you… (yall know what I’m talking about;) RPF: resting peace face.”

Last edited:
This case is just... awful. That video of him announcing she died is just disgusting, but the obituary is even worse. How old is John-Paul Miller anyway? She was born in 1994, and the obituary states that they became friends in 2009, she would have been 15 at that time, they married in 2017 and he has FIVE children.

I'm assuming that he was already an adult in 2009 and probably even had some children by that time, even though 5 children in 8 years is not unheard of. What happened to the mother (or mothers) of his five children? My point is, why is an adult male becoming friends with a 15-year-old girl? I don't care what people say but that's not something normal. And my alarm goes off because those "friends" ended up getting married down the line. It makes no sense to even mention they becoming "friends" in 2009, she was a minor. So weird.

Edit: was their divorce situation known by people in town and in church or was it all very hush-hush? Because by the looks of her Facebook account she was starting to become more and more public, <modsnip: not victim friendly>

Oh…I’ve got lots of thoughts rolling around in my brain this morning. The gerbils are busy.

I’m quite confidant that LE is doing a deep dive on Mica’s life and death.

She was a beautiful woman inside and out.

Just sitting here waiting for MSM to catch up.

RIP Mica.

MOO

At this point, I think it is more likely that it was a murder.
I am not ruling out an "encouraged" suicide, nor even just a suicide (it was a tough spot and she had a history), but for now, murder is at the top of my list. I do think that's statistically more likely, considering several aspects of the circumstances, even if we refrain from over-analysing body language and such.
<modsnip: sleuthing someone not named by LE a POI/suspect>
As for the timeline, reading between the lines implies that he was older than mid-20s in 2006. Mica was born in 1994 and was about 12 in 2006. So If they "became friends" three years later when she was 15, then he must have been in his 30s at that time - unsure if late-, mid or early 30s, <modsnip> Not looking good.

It also caught my eye that of all the abuse types, sexual abuse was the first she mentioned in her speech (1:15) and I would not say that this is the order people usually list these. And then we have the slightly surprising "taking illegal drugs" (but imo this looked like it was aimed at reassuring someone else that would be listening, e.g more likely referred to what someone else confessed - but that's just a gut feeling from the body language that is more pronounced for this part). All in all, I don't doubt that she at the very least had experienced some type of abuse herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member