SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh…I’ve got lots of thoughts rolling around in my brain this morning. The gerbils are busy.

I’m quite confidant that LE is doing a deep dive on Mica’s life and death.

She was a beautiful woman inside and out.

Just sitting here waiting for MSM to catch up.

RIP Mica.

MOO
love your gerbils.
Gotta find a name for the critter in my brain too..but just my life critters, not just for this case.

<modsnip: not victim friendly>

Justice sweet Mica.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just learned of this case yesterday, but it quickly caught my eye because of my familiarity with the Myrtle Beach area, as I have vacationed there almost my entire life. I am not aware of whether or not SR Church is a part of any denomination, but their statement of values pretty much aligns with fundamental Christian beliefs. I realize that for the time being anyway, the pastor is neither a suspect nor a named POI, but I would love to know if his first marriaage ended in divorce. I cannot speak about elsewhere, but in the south many, many churches would frown on a pastor having been divorced, even once, and almost certainly would if he were twice-divorced. Divorce would disqualify men from leadership roles in many churches. I get that this congregation seems, from videos, to be a younger group, perhaps, but I still think a pastor going through a second divorce could easily become a call for him to step down from the pulpit, or risk becoming a church-splitting issue. That needs to be remembered while we await a full investgation of this lovely woman's "apparent" suicide. JMO

So the church he is the pastor for paid her a salary and then she files for divorce and he's asking for support? This is a wow!!
The police might want to take a dive into that church's accounting books.

One trick that deceptive pastors do is to pay themselves a generous salary- then "hire" and pay their wife a large salary as well.

Of course, there are probably plenty of pastor's wives who also do work at the church and receive modest salaries approved the board that are proportional (or less) to their actual position.

That aside, husband and wife both on salary from the Church can be a "red flag" of deeper problems depending on the totality.

One accounting firm that specializes in vetting the financial integrity of churches / ministries frowns upon the arrangement- even though it is permissible. They just consider it a "slippery road" and automatically note the practice in their review, even if everything is proportional. That way, donors are aware.

Last edited:
Right? Very weird… Mica also said “You don’t have to stay in an abusive relationship, whether that’s … someone forcing you to take illegal drugs …

I wonder what exactly the cause of death was. Do we know? It just feels like a very uncommon and atypical example of abuse for someone to list off unless, you know, maybe they have experienced it themselves? All speculation of course but it just stood out to me.
Red bolding mine.

Bizarre video shows the moment a pastor announces his wife's death in front of his stunned congregation after forbidding them from discussing it in church.

Mica Miller, 30, was discovered with a fatal gunshot wound on April 27 in Lumber River State Park, North Carolina.

Her pastor husband announced her death at their nearby church in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina,
the day after she was found.

Police in Robeson County are now investigating, but so far nobody has been charged.
Green emphasis mine.

The day after ?
Everyone grieves differently but it feels to soon to be making an announcement at church; wouldn't he still be in shock, etc. ?

The fact that law enforcement are investigating may mean they're not satisfied with the explanations given.
Idk.
Omo.

Red bolding mine.

Bizarre video shows the moment a pastor announces his wife's death in front of his stunned congregation after forbidding them from discussing it in church.

Mica Miller, 30, was discovered with a fatal gunshot wound on April 27 in Lumber River State Park, North Carolina.

Her pastor husband announced her death at their nearby church in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina,
the day after she was found.

Police in Robeson County are now investigating, but so far nobody has been charged.
Green emphasis mine.

The day after ?
Everyone grieves differently but it feels to soon to be making an announcement at church; wouldn't he still be in shock, etc. ?

The fact that law enforcement are investigating may mean they're not satisfied with the explanations given.
Idk.
Omo.

I think that it's weird that he left the announcement until the end of the service. When we have tragedy within our church family, everyone is informed about it as soon as reasonably possible so that we can pray for all involved and see what kind of help and support they need. Did he need an alternative service leader, or time off, or help with the kids?

Doing a whole service without even praying about it is just too bizarre. Did he not expect anyone to ask him how his wife was that morning or ask where she was?

Speaking March 22 she said: 'You don't have to stay in an abusive relationship. Whether that's sexual, whether that's somebody forcing you to take illegal drugs or alcohol abuse, or physical abuse, psychological abuse, making you think that this is all your fault or that you're a bad mom or a bad husband or you're not giving it your all when you know you are.
*sexual abuse combined with force feeding of illegal drugs. this case is gonna go viral. I was looking at the Facebook comments on the WPDE site and people are angry. lots of them!

The official cause of death has not been released but Miller said her death was a suicide, and many of her friends are struggling to come to terms with that.

This has to be at least looked into deeply. There’s got to be some accountability here,” said Kenn Young, a friend of Mica’s. "Because yeah, a tragic life was lost, and it’s not just as simple as mental health issues.

The official cause of death has not been released but Miller said her death was a suicide, and many of her friends are struggling to come to terms with that.

Speaking to DailyMail.com today, Mica's sister Sierra Brown, 28, said that the family wasn't making any statements until the investigation was complete but pointed out: 'The one thing I would say is that he has said it was an official suicide, that is not the case. There's still an open investigation.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PRJ