SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would she go so far away to commit suicide with a gun? Does the Lumber River Park have special meaning to her?

Similar circumstance to John Forsyth. Many questioned, doubted, his death was suicide including the family. Luckily the authorities did a thorough investigation and the truth came out, like it or not.

@iluvmua ; Yes, it would be helpful in hindsight if Mica left journals or some record of how her thought patterns were.
At the very least all of her belongings could be handed over to her family ?
It's their last memories of Mica, outside of the videos she made.
Omo.

Similar circumstance to John Forsyth. Many questioned, doubted, his death was suicide including the family. Luckily the authorities did a thorough investigation and the truth came out, like it or not.
Extremely common. I can't recall a single case I've ever followed where the family & even close friends didn't immediately deny suicide as a possibility.

If Mica died by suicide, where did she get the gun that she used? With likely documentation of mental health issues, it seems it would be very difficult for her to legally purchase one, and she doesn't seem to fit the mold of someone who would know how to get one illegally. Was the gun her husband'? Was it locked away, or lying around, where it could easly be gotten. When was the last time she was even in the home where her husband lives? She likely wasn't living there, imo. Was the gun checked for prints or DNA? Were her hands checked for gunshot residue? So many questions... JMO

Like it or not? No one likes it when someone dies, whether it's by homicide or suicide. Either way, it's a tremendous loss for those who loved and cared for them.

In this case, there are many questions. It will be sad, whatever those answers are.

Extremely common. I can't recall a single case I've ever followed where the family & even close friends didn't immediately deny suicide as a possibility.
Robeson County could and should say something NOW. Legal experts could help them craft something that indicates 'further investigation ' ANYTHING to help quiet the speculation explosion

If her death is from suicide, and authorities determine that, then her family will have their answers. I just think, if you have watched her social media posts, that there is a lot more to this story. Clearly something was going on in her life that led to her death, whether suicide or she was killed. Until we hear directly from LE we don't know the truth.

JMO

Very true. There were loads of tids and bits that strengthen the Forsyth case as a homicide.
The REAL similarities of these two cases are the number of 'secrets' that kept coming out.
The suicide outcome ripped up the Forsyth family.
I hope this does not happen to Mica's family

If Mica died by suicide, where did she get the gun that she used? With likely documentation of mental health issues, it seems it would be very difficult for her to legally purchase one, and she doesn't seem to fit the mold of someone who would know how to get one illegally. Was the gun her husband'? Was it locked away, or lying around, where it could easly be gotten. When was the last time she was even in the home where her husband lives? She likely wasn't living there, imo. Was the gun checked for prints or DNA? Were her hands checked for gunshot residue? So many questions... JMO
One carefully crafted statement from Robeson County would be sooooo helpful. All we have is dueling banjos
Perhaps we should say dueling pianos.

Robeson County could and should say something NOW. Legal experts could help them craft something that indicates 'further investigation ' ANYTHING to help quiet the speculation explosion
While I agree it would certainly be helpful to quell the rampant speculation, that's not LE's job. More than likely, most folks ever working a case have no idea of what folks are on about online. Nor should they, if they're busy working the case.

jmo

Yow!!!
"Now DailyMail.com has learned that Mica's death came just 48 hours after her husband, from whom she had been separated for one month, was served with divorce papers."

Apologies if this has been noted already, but I was struck by these lines in the DM article:

In Mica's obituary penned by Miller, who has a criminal record including multiple counts of aggravated assault and battery to which he pleaded guilty, makes no mention of the fact that the couple had separated.

Maybe he was fighting demons.

I think most cases where it was clear-cut that it was a suicide don't actually make it to Websleuths, while ones with potentially suspicious circumstances do. Suicides aren't typically in the news. And what's to discuss?

official obituary

ETA check out the text lower-middle of third paragraph.imo
I’m guessing her husband wrote this obituary…
Extract from Mica's obituary (and bolding by me of parts that caught my attention).

She and JP have been friends since 2009, married in 2017, and spent almost every single day and night together. Mica loved her little dog, Loki. She loved doing outdoor activities like waterfall repelling, hiking, skydiving, running, and going to the beach. Mica would take on any challenge, even if it was being a vegan for an entire year. Mica was a great stepmother, and an amazing wife and helpmate. She helped Pastor JP with the church in every way. Mica was the worship leader, graphics designer, youth leader, women’s ministry leader, and Pastor’s assistant. And she did all of this with the upmost integrity and faithfulness. Mica made the greatest of efforts to always be the best wife she could be. She truly served Jesus and her husband with all of her heart. She would praise her husband after every church service telling him he was the best preacher in the world (even if it wasn’t true). She also told him he was the funniest preacher in the world (even though that wasn’t true either). Mica loved her family soooooooo much. She looked forward to every text from her father or brother. She sought every opportunity to pour into her sisters. There were thousands of nights that she would pray out loud for God to always bless and take care of her family. They were constantly on her mind. Mica wanted more than ANYTHING for each member of her family to serve Jesus continually.

So, yes, clearly seems written by her husband.
And she 'served' him as his assistant and spent eveery minute with him. That seems like a lot of control.
There is no mention of her spending time with her (extended) family....just looking forward to text messages. What does "pour into her sisters" mean? Does anyone know that phrase? And no mention of friends.

Of course I'm just reading between the lines as it was written.

Extract from Mica's obituary (and bolding by me of parts that caught my attention).

She and JP have been friends since 2009, married in 2017, and spent almost every single day and night together. Mica loved her little dog, Loki. She loved doing outdoor activities like waterfall repelling, hiking, skydiving, running, and going to the beach. Mica would take on any challenge, even if it was being a vegan for an entire year. Mica was a great stepmother, and an amazing wife and helpmate. She helped Pastor JP with the church in every way. Mica was the worship leader, graphics designer, youth leader, women’s ministry leader, and Pastor’s assistant. And she did all of this with the upmost integrity and faithfulness. Mica made the greatest of efforts to always be the best wife she could be. She truly served Jesus and her husband with all of her heart. She would praise her husband after every church service telling him he was the best preacher in the world (even if it wasn’t true). She also told him he was the funniest preacher in the world (even though that wasn’t true either). Mica loved her family soooooooo much. She looked forward to every text from her father or brother. She sought every opportunity to pour into her sisters. There were thousands of nights that she would pray out loud for God to always bless and take care of her family. They were constantly on her mind. Mica wanted more than ANYTHING for each member of her family to serve Jesus continually.

So, yes, clearly seems written by her husband.
And she 'served' him as his assistant and spent eveery minute with him. That seems like a lot of control.
There is no mention of her spending time with her (extended) family....just looking forward to text messages. What does "pour into her sisters" mean? Does anyone know that phrase? And no mention of friends.

Of course I'm just reading between the lines as it was written.
I have wondered about her dog Loki? I haven't seen any mention of that except in the obit. I hope that she had her beloved pet the last few months. If not that probably added to her angst. JMO

I read some cryptic messaging in the obit. My take aways are that there were family members that the author felt needed to have the spotlight on, ones that weren't living the lifestyle that this person approved of. The "soooooooo" is very dramatic and purposeful. Father and brother texting lets them know that those texts have been read.
The reassurance as to all she did is interesting too. Who is this to convince?

It's just weird! All MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member