SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

It's pretty bizarre that he made the congregation stand for his announcement. Congregations often will stand at the end of the service to receive a blessing and then head out, chatting with one another, having coffee and catching up with friends. They never stand to receive news of someone's death.

I wonder if his congregation actually left in silence as requested. Surely there would be some whose alarm bells were warning them that something seriously messed up was afoot.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> *All I know is she must have really wanted to make sure she was not going to survive. I mean, she shot herself in her head. She wanted to make sure this time it would work. She knew her pain would finally be over. Finally! (all in my opinion)

A woman’s risk of dying by suicide increases significantly when another adult she had been living with in a gun-free home becomes a first-time handgun owner, according to new research led by Matt Miller, a professor of health sciences and epidemiology at Northeastern.

The study is the first to reveal the second-hand risk of suicide that accompanies living in a home with a gun.

“The question that we asked is: ‘What happens to a woman’s risk of dying by suicide if an adult she is currently living with decides to become a lawful handgun owner?’” says Miller, who teamed with colleagues from Stanford, the University of California Davis, and the University of Pittsburgh. “What we found is her risk goes up by more than 40%, starting as soon as her cohabitant brings his handgun into their home.

Last edited by a moderator:
*All I know is she must have really wanted to make sure she was not going to survive. I mean, she shot herself in the head. She wanted to make sure this time it would work. She knew her pain would finally be over. Finally! (all in my opinion)

A woman’s risk of dying by suicide increases significantly when another adult she had been living with in a gun-free home becomes a first-time handgun owner, according to new research led by Matt Miller, a professor of health sciences and epidemiology at Northeastern.

The study is the first to reveal the second-hand risk of suicide that accompanies living in a home with a gun.

“The question that we asked is: ‘What happens to a woman’s risk of dying by suicide if an adult she is currently living with decides to become a lawful handgun owner?’” says Miller, who teamed with colleagues from Stanford, the University of California Davis, and the University of Pittsburgh. “What we found is her risk goes up by more than 40%, starting as soon as her cohabitant brings his handgun into their home.

I agree but I still have so many questions.

Who's gun was it?
Was she seen alone in the park?
Did she make any statements regarding suicide?

Last edited by a moderator:
In a Christian context, it means being there for, encouraging, edifying, supporting, etc.
That’s how I would define it in the Christian sense. But I think there is a more literal meaning because of where it’s located within the obituary. I see it as a veiled jab at her family members. imo. ETA - Why would you put the word anything in all caps? Bolding by me.

“Mica loved her family soooooooo much. She looked forward to every text from her father or brother. She sought every opportunity to pour into her sisters. There were thousands of nights that she would pray out loud for God to always bless and take care of her family. They were constantly on her mind. Mica wanted more than ANYTHING for each member of her family to serve Jesus continually.

MM was not divorced. JPM, legally, is her family. MOO.
But if the couple were legally separated, then I think her property would be given to her family. The legal separation would have meant that possessions (at least personal possessions) would have been divided up during the separaton as well, if I am understanding a post earlier on this thread about legal separation in SC.

slight edit

If Mica died by suicide, where did she get the gun that she used? With likely documentation of mental health issues, it seems it would be very difficult for her to legally purchase one, and she doesn't seem to fit the mold of someone who would know how to get one illegally. Was the gun her husband'? Was it locked away, or lying around, where it could easly be gotten. When was the last time she was even in the home where her husband lives? She likely wasn't living there, imo. Was the gun checked for prints or DNA? Were her hands checked for gunshot residue? So many questions... JMO
Bbm.
Also-- was the fatal shot to the front of her person or behind her head, etc.
All good questions and her family deserves to know exactly what occurred.
Omo.

That’s how I would define it in the Christian sense. But I think there is a more literal meaning because of where it’s located within the obituary. I see it as a veiled jab at her family members. imo. ETA - Why would you put the word anything in all caps? Bolding by me.

“Mica loved her family soooooooo much. She looked forward to every text from her father or brother. She sought every opportunity to pour into her sisters. There were thousands of nights that she would pray out loud for God to always bless and take care of her family. They were constantly on her mind. Mica wanted more than ANYTHING for each member of her family to serve Jesus continually.
Yeah, the obit reads weird for sure. I can't say it's a veiled jab at anyone or even why words are all capped, I don't know any of these folks or any family dynamic. It's just worded oddly.

jmo

But if the couple were legally separated, then I think her property would be given to her family. The legal separation would have meant that possessions (at least personal possessions) would have been divided up during the separaton as well, if I am understanding a post earlier on this thread about legal separation in SC.

slight edit
Good point.
I wonder if the separation was final. Does the separation go into effect the day it is filed or is there a process? I’d guess there’s a whole process involved, as we saw (links earlier in the thread) that both MM and JPM filed for Separation and Maintenance at different times.
MOO.

Good point.
I wonder if the separation was final. Does the separation go into effect the day it is filed or is there a process? I’d guess there’s a whole process involved, as we saw (links earlier in the thread) that both MM and JPM filed for Separation and Maintenance at different times.
MOO.

There is no legal separation in SC. You can have an interim order for separate maintenance or child support, but a couple is still considered legally married until the divorce is final. This would make her husband her surviving spouse/next of kin for all her belongings, unless she'd set up a will that stated things differently.

Last edited:
“Miller (husband) has a criminal record with multiple accounts of assault and battery.”
Thanks for pointing this out Gunslinging Granny.
I read this one all wrong!
(I have to confess that I read the Gabby Petito traffic stop wrong too)
By the grace of God I have never been in an abusive spousal or dating relationship and I had a whole different take on this when most of you were smelling something really rotten here.

Whether this was suicide or staged this pastor deserves to be fully and properly scrutinized.
My bad and my apologies to all for not seeing what the rest of you saw.
#justiceformicamiller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member