SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... as of yet we don't know if there separation was "legally seperated. The link in my post states Mica's death came just 48 hours after her husband, from whom she had been separated for one month, was served with divorce papers.

@6419967Miller, Mica Acadia2023DR2602243Mica Acadia Miller vs. John-Paul MillerFamily CourtHorryPlaintiff110 - Divorce08-Oct-202312-Feb-2024
@6460851Miller, Mica Acacia2024DR2600419John-Paul Miller vs. Mica Acacia MillerFamily CourtHorryDefendant130 - Separate Support and Maintenance22-Feb-202411-Mar-2024
@6479031Miller, Mica A2024DR2600860Mica A Miller vs. John-Paul MillerFamily CourtHorryPlaintiff130 - Separate Support and Maintenance15-Apr-2024

Snipped from last separation filing - 4/15/24
03-May-2024 8:19 AMA020 - Affidavit of ServiceAFFIDAVIT OF SERVICE

@6419967Miller, Mica Acadia2023DR2602243Mica Acadia Miller vs. John-Paul MillerFamily CourtHorryPlaintiff110 - Divorce08-Oct-202312-Feb-2024
@6460851Miller, Mica Acacia2024DR2600419John-Paul Miller vs. Mica Acacia MillerFamily CourtHorryDefendant130 - Separate Support and Maintenance22-Feb-202411-Mar-2024
@6479031Miller, Mica A2024DR2600860Mica A Miller vs. John-Paul MillerFamily CourtHorryPlaintiff130 - Separate Support and Maintenance15-Apr-2024

I thought the divorce was dropped in February

I'm kinda thinking he's operating without a board -- or has full control over the board. In the Christian Post article, he said he had to leave his former church because of his adultery with Mica. "In an interview with The Christian Post on Friday, Pastor Miller admitted that his relationship with Mica began with adultery. He said they were both previously married and cheated on their spouses, and many people left his church, forcing them to start over" Pastor says his mentally troubled wife died by suicide, but some refuse to believe
Very interesting how all Mica's "business" was exposed. But there was no elaboration on the "bump in the road" that he, JP was working on, while trying to "restore" their marriage. JP! What's this bump? Could it be drugs, abuse, adultery, forcing Mica to watch while he engaged in drugs/sexual activity with others, IMO. What is this bump?

She didn't attend his church any longer.

She got baptized at a different church

Thanks. I wasn’t aware that she had been attending another church.

In the obit that her husband wrote, it sounds as though she was currently living in Myrtle Beach, attending their church services there and praising her husband and his sermons.

JMO

In the obit that her husband wrote, it sounds as though she was currently living in Myrtle Beach, attending their church services there and praising her husband and his sermons.

JMO

She mentioned in a Facebook video that she was living with a friend and wanted to keep her location private

JMO
There was a lot in the obit that sounded like it was current happenings but it wasn't accurate. They were separated, going through the court system and she was scared, living in fear and hiding. The obit painted a picture of another life, one that was snuffed out - in more ways than one. All JMO

My phone won't let me see everything in that link, so did she file to be legally separated or was she legally separated?

I thought the divorce was dropped in February
South Carolina does not recognize “legal separation.” Instead, the South Carolina Family Courts issue Orders of Separate Maintenance and Support, which provide specific details regarding parties’ child custody, visitation, and support arrangements, as well as maintaining marital assets and paying marital debts, until the case is resolved at a final hearing or trial. An Order of Separate Maintenance and Support is a temporary order; it does not cover the issue of divorce, and it does not end the parties’ marriage.

In South Carolina, the only way to obtain a no-fault divorce is to live separately for one year. Living separately occurs when spouses live in two different locations. Living in different bedrooms in the same house does not qualify as living separately. Spouses do not need an Order of Separate Maintenance and Support to live separately, but it can help the spouses protect their financial interests and resolve visitation and custody issues during the separation period.

Either spouse may file an action for an Order of Separate Maintenance and Support, so long as the parties are living separate and apart (in a no-fault situation), or fault grounds can be proven.

Perhaps the goal was to live apart for a year in order to obtain a "no-fault divorce"?

I’ve been to the link, but I’m not sure I’m deciphering the info there correctly.
To me, it appears that JPM’s filing for separation was dismissed, and that MM’s filing is still unresolved.
I also wonder why we don’t see a record of MM’s filing for divorce “48 hours prior to her death” as reported in the media.
MOO.

Last edited:
I’ve been to the link, but I’m not sure I’m deciphering the info there correctly.
To me, it appears that JPM’s filing for separation was dismissed, and that MM’s filing is still unresolved.
I also wonder why we don’t see a record of MM’s filing for divorce “48 hours prior to her death” as reported in the media.

I'm thinking he was likely served 48hrs prior to her death, if anything. There can be a few days to weeks between filing and service on the opposing party.

“Court records cited by The New York Post show that Mica Miller filed for divorce from her husband in October 2023, but the reasons were not stated. The case was eventually dismissed in February, but a few days later Pastor Miller filed for “Separate Support and Maintenance” seeking financial support. Mica Miller would file for similar support in April. A hearing was scheduled for June 5.”

Mica's April filing was due to be heard on June 5th. Who knows what behind the scene wrangling was ocurring - filing, dismissing, then filing again.

IMO, her family may have misstated the facts, as I couldn't find a "no contact order" filing either. Maybe Mica discussed doing those things with them, but hadn't actually filed yet?

The affidavit of service date of May 3, doesn't mean he wasn't served in the mentioned 48 hour timeframe. There can be a delay between when the actual service occurs and when the affidavit was filed with the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UCG