SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
A press conference with LE would probably be better than all of this silence that allows people who shouldn't be talking to talk so loudly and present things as facts that may not even be remotely factual at all. Just saying.

Definitely.

She very well could have been struggling mentally etc.

I just wish LE would say something bc social media is rampant with gossip.

*Are pastors and such licensed by any administrative law agency?
It seems like he could at least be sanctioned with moral turpitude. Then if any financial fraud comes out, that crime does have consequences. Legal stuff is not in my wheelhouse at all but I did find some interesting stuff. Here's one example.

and (2) on June 6, 1996, evidence was presented on the issue of the moral character of the Petitioner. Protestant Rev. Halbert L. Tucker, Pastor of Manning Church of Christ, opposes issuance of the permit on the grounds that the location is unsuitable because of its proximity to his church and that the Petitioner is not of good moral character.

an act of baseness, vileness, or depravity which a man owes to his fellow man, or to society in general, contrary to the accepted and customary rule of right and duty between man and man. . . . the question of moral turpitude depends not only on the nature of the offense, but also on the attendant circumstances.

Last edited:
MOD NOTE: Hey guys! Please remember the rules. If you need a refresher, the two most important links are in my signature.

"I read, someone said" is not an approved source. Something somebody said is rumor, not an approved source. LINKS ARE REQUIRED, not requested.

Fits News is an approved source, and has been for several years. The site that is about Myrtle Beach is not - it's posting rumors that they are finding on reddit and other social media.

Watch your podcast sources, please. Everybody has one, but not everybody is approved. The one that starts with a P that's popped up in this thread describes itself as a variety talk show which covers comedy, skits, etc.

You can't get around something unapproved by saying "So & so says this & that but I can't link it because it's not approved here." If you can't link it, don't talk about it at all.

Thanks!

Knitty,

Why is a church performing a Maroon 5 song?
Probably goes back to his days playing piano and a dueling piano bar, that he is allegedly part owner of, or was until very recently, at least, in Myrtle Beach. The church seems to like to take popular songs and "rewrite" some lyrics to make them cutesy "worship" songs to sing in church. I think in addition to wanting to be a rock star pastor, he also may aspire to be a rock star, period. He usually is playing piano in their songs, and probably does, or at least approves, the rewrites. JMO

Last edited:
I found the timing of an apparent planned Solid Rock church expansion interesting. Circa December 2023. A December 31, 2023 article from Myrtle Beach Online by Emalyn Muzzy entitled “Notice trees cleared along Highway 17 near The Market Common? A local church is expanding”:

Apologies if upthread, but this thread is moving so fast…. Article might be paywall for some and I am not subscribed.

Jmo, But I think she committed suicide in order to be rid of him once and for all.

It's possible that she thought suicide was the only way out. Jmo
Suicide seldom occurs in a vacuum, but in this case, I believe JPM was the vacuum, slowly sucking the life out of her, for months, or even years. RIP, sweet lady. You deserved far better in this life. JMO

Last edited:
According to the documents, Miller reported to police that a razor blade was placed in her tire at the Springmaid Pier. She claimed this was the second time a razor had deflated her tire within that week. The report said that as Miller was leaving the pier, she heard a pop and noticed metal protruding from her tire. The responding officer said the metal was a tire deflation device that could be bought online.

Miller believed a suspect, whose name is redacted in the report, may have placed or had the item placed on the tire. The report stated that Miller noticed "strange activity" and believed people were following or watching her. Miller told police that the unidentified suspect had a history of similar actions against her, according to the report.

Police stated that the evidence was not sufficient enough to prove that the suspect placed the razor device under the tire. More...

According to the documents, Miller reported to police that a razor blade was placed in her tire at the Springmaid Pier. She claimed this was the second time a razor had deflated her tire within that week. The report said that as Miller was leaving the pier, she heard a pop and noticed metal protruding from her tire. The responding officer said the metal was a tire deflation device that could be bought online.

Miller believed a suspect, whose name is redacted in the report, may have placed or had the item placed on the tire. The report stated that Miller noticed "strange activity" and believed people were following or watching her. Miller told police that the unidentified suspect had a history of similar actions against her, according to the report.

Police stated that the evidence was not sufficient enough to prove that the suspect placed the razor device under the tire. More...
It’s no wonder LE hasn’t been quick to call this a suicide.

From the article -
Miller said that while at the gas station, the suspect in the incident pulled up next to her pump trying to talk to her. She told him to go away and that she did not want to talk, per the report. When she pulled out her phone to record, the suspect reportedly sped off. Miller then left the gas station to go back to East Coast Honda, where the suspect also showed up, according to the police report.

While an officer was standing with Miller, she received a no-caller ID call, which ended up being the suspect, the officer noted in the report. The suspect was advised that the victim does not want any further contact and if he proceeds then warrants may be written up. The suspect acknowledged the advisory, police said.

The victim told the officer she "was afraid for her life." She also said that she blocked the suspect's number and would still get calls and texts from him on other numbers.

After the officer left, Miller contacted him to say the mechanics found a tracking device on her vehicle.

Last edited:
Mica was a strong, godly, loving woman. I can remember the first time walking in that church, hearing her voice and her singing, just to feel the Holy Spirit," family friend Dr. Tim Carter said.
“She’s speaking out from the grave, for those who are battling domestic violence, or battling whatever. Whether it be a narcissist talking down, or physical abuse, mental abuse--she’s opened up a can of worms to bring awareness to all the young ladies that are still dealing with it," he said.
Multiple memorials were held in the Grand Strand Sunday to honor Mica Miller, a 30-year-old Myrtle Beach woman who died at Lumber River State Park in Robeson County last week. Loads of people stood out front Solid Rock Church Sunday morning holding signs and wearing shirts that read 'Justice for Mica.' (Credit: Jenna Herazo/WPDE)

Multiple memorials were held in the Grand Strand Sunday to honor Mica Miller, a 30-year-old Myrtle Beach woman who died at Lumber River State Park in Robeson County last week. Loads of people stood out front Solid Rock Church Sunday morning holding signs and wearing shirts that read 'Justice for Mica.'

While there's a domestic violence shelter in Georgetown County, there's not one in Horry County

In a Facebook post, a user claiming to be a friend of Mica's details her final few days. She said that Mica was done with John-Paul and prepared to divorce and leave him for good. They wrote, "Mica wasn't just leaving a church. She was leaving her marriage — She was done! She hired a lawyer — she moved out. And she was getting a divorce. She was left with nothing but her faith, her family and her small circle of friends. Was it hard? YES"

I can imagine the 911 call happened and someone coerced her into saying she was going to kill herself. She knew if she did that, that she would have to go back to inpatient. Inpatient sounded better to her than death. But then she was killed anyway.

On a different note, I wonder if it hasn't been ruled a suicide because she had other injuries on her body.

MOO

I think this was posted and removed before sleuthing of JPM was allowed. From the church's website, about church leadership:

JPM is 44 now. I don't think anyone would call anything earlier than 23 mid-20s, so he found his life's purpose in Jesus Christ at >23, and started a church no more than 3 years later, at which point he knew only one scripture? It says something about him that not only did he have the confidence to start a church within a few years of taking his religion seriously (IMO it could have been anywhere 0 to 3 years), but that he was successful and people followed him.

The obituary written by JPM states that he and Mica had been friends since 2009, just 3 years after he'd started his church, when he was ~29 and she was ~15. He told the Christian Post that they were both previously married and cheated on their spouses when they got together, which caused controversy and they had to "start over." I am unsure, but I wonder if "starting over" refers to starting Solid Rock at Market Common in 2016 (when he was ~36 and she was ~22). But in any case, they married in 2017 (~37 and ~23), and despite the infidelity and marrying a still quite young woman that he met when she was a teenager and half his age, he was able to grow what appears to be a quite successful church.

My takeaway from all that is that John-Paul Miller is evidently a confident, charismatic, and convincing man. What that means for the specifics of Mica's death, I don't know.

I was (perhaps mistakenly) under the impression that pastors had to go to some kind of religious seminary or Christian university program in order to be a pastor of a church. It sounds like that may not have been the case with JP, and he was just sort of making it up as he went along. The church's website's "about" page that you linked above says he has "several Bible School degrees". What does this mean? How does one have several degrees in the same thing? Did he have any kind of actual training to be a pastor?

I was (perhaps mistakenly) under the impression that pastors had to go to some kind of religious seminary or Christian university program in order to be a pastor of a church. It sounds like that may not have been the case with JP, and he was just sort of making it up as he went along. The church's website's "about" page that you linked above says he has "several Bible School degrees". What does this mean? How does one have several degrees in the same thing? Did he have any kind of actual training to be a pastor?

I think this is true for Catholics, certain Christian denominations, etc, but I remember when I was younger, my friend's youth pastor was literally just some guy who had rizz and a great testimony. No formal schooling of any kind. They were the same type of "jeans during service" and "alt" music for worship type church

Behind the scenes, Mica’s family was actively taking steps to protect her estate as tensions were beginning to escalate. On May 3, 2024, an application was filed by attorney Jarrett Bouchette in Horry County probate court on behalf of Mica’s sister, Sierra Francis. That application sought to appoint Francis as a special administrator of Mica’s estate. Attached to this application were affidavits and exhibits showing why friends and family are actively seeking a full investigation into her death.

The appointment of special administrator was requested to:

• preserve Mica’s portion of the “marital estate”
  • to obtain confidential records from Waccamaw Mental Health, South Strand Medical Center/Grand Strand Regional Medical Center and Victim’s Advocacy
  • to gain access to and take possession of “any wills, deeds to cemetery plots, and insurance policies, or other Estate related documents in Decedent’s safe deposit box”
According to a memorandum in support of this request, the timing of Mica’s death was very suspicious.

As we previously reported, just prior to her death – on April 15, 2024 – Mica filed for divorce from her husband. As we reported, JP Miller was served these papers on April 25, 2024 — two days prior to her death. The hearing relating to this filing had been scheduled for June 5, 2024 in front of S.C. family court judge Jan Bromell Holmes. At that hearing, Miller’s attorneys hoped to obtain an order which would restrain John-Paul Miller from disposing of, encumbering, transferring, selling, hypothecating, pledging, destroying or otherwise altering the status or value of any marital asset.

Mica also told her sister that JP Miller had been moving assets around to avoid them being included in the marital estates. Specifically, she stated he transferred the deed to their house to the church – and transferred his interest in a local piano bar called Crocodile Rocks to his son.

According to the affidavit, Mica had been gathering evidence in preparation to file for divorce – evidence which would have supported her claims of “abuse, character, his paramours, and associates he ‘paid off’ or blackmailed when she was admitted to the Waccamaw Mental Health facility.”
She told Sierra many times, “if I end up with a bullet in my head, it was not by me, it was JP.”
A lot to unpack there. Thank you for the summary grandma! And I find the timing of an apparent POA (Power of Attorney) filing apparently 03/20/2024 conveying from MM to JPM interesting if I understand the filing correctly? See post #267 from Knox up thread:

Post in thread 'SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated'
SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated

It’s no wonder LE hasn’t been quick to call this a suicide.

From the article -
Miller said that while at the gas station, the suspect in the incident pulled up next to her pump trying to talk to her. She told him to go away and that she did not want to talk, per the report. When she pulled out her phone to record, the suspect reportedly sped off. Miller then left the gas station to go back to East Coast Honda, where the suspect also showed up, according to the police report.

While an officer was standing with Miller, she received a no-caller ID call, which ended up being the suspect, the officer noted in the report. The suspect was advised that the victim does not want any further contact and if he proceeds then warrants may be written up. The suspect acknowledged the advisory, police said.

The victim told the officer she "was afraid for her life." She also said that she blocked the suspect's number and would still get calls and texts from him on other numbers.

After the officer left, Miller contacted him to say the mechanics found a tracking device on her vehicle.
Sad !
That was harassment on a major level.
Did someone put this person up to it ?
Omo.

Could this be power of attorney given to JPM over Mica if she was involuntarily hospitalized by JPM at that time? It would be recent, as of March 20, 2024, and don't know for how long. Just speculating.
It is hard not to wonder that. I too, am puzzled by that and several other of the recent legal filings’ jockeying going on IMO.

Also have to wonder who ‘pastor’ JPM has had assisting in the many legal filings and creation and development of his ‘church’? Will be interesting to see whose names appear in the filings IMO. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000