SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Transcript from a sermon posted March 11, 2024:

“It's funny my enemies think they're going to stop me they're actually putting fuel in my gas tank for me to keep going. Last year you know, my wife, they went to Africa had a wonderful trip--amazing trip --and um, and she came back with the idea to start a school in Africa. And six weeks goes, she goes in the hospital, gets out, and just leaves just completely: leaves me, leaves everything. Drains the bank account and goes. Guess what? While you're talking bad about me out there I'm building a school in Africa for over a hundred kids to be able to be fed. I'm just doing that. I'm doing the work.”
(Snipped)
I’m still thinking about this sermon. In it, JPM seems to say that Mica wanted to start a school in Africa but instead she was hospitalized then ran off and drained their bank account and started speaking poorly of him, but meanwhile he actually did start a school and his school is doing great. He’s talking about how much pain he is in but his haters are hurting the kingdom of God, and the hate motivates him.

And then, less than two months later, his wife dies and he writes in her obituary that donations can be made in her honor to help educate African children. The link to donate goes to Solid Rock’s tithing link. He had been disparaging her, saying that she was talking bad about him while he was helping children—implying that she is an “enemy” of his—and now wants people to honor her by giving money to his church.

<modsnip: off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
(Snipped)
I’m still thinking about this sermon. In it, JPM seems to say that Mica wanted to start a school in Africa but instead she was hospitalized then ran off and drained their bank account and started speaking poorly of him, but meanwhile he actually did start a school and his school is doing great. He’s talking about how much pain he is in but his haters are hurting the kingdom of God, and the hate motivates him.

And then, less than two months later, his wife dies and he writes in her obituary that donations can be made in her honor to help educate African children. The link to donate goes to Solid Rock’s tithing link. He had been disparaging her, saying that she was talking bad about him while he was helping children—implying that she is an “enemy” of his—and now wants people to honor her by giving money to his church.

<modsnip>

He needs to quit speaking about their personal life to the congregation

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think he's been fired, it's more of a leave of absence. JP owns that church, so he's not going anywhere permanently IMO.
I'm not sure that a church can be owned by a pastor. I guess it would depend upon their church's constitution, bylaws, etc.?? I realize that he started that church, but church splits happen pretty regularly, and over far less than he's facing. moo

Im reading the question why call 911 when she was about to kill herself.

I work at a mental health hotline and for a very short time at a suicide hotline. Some people call the hotline while preparing to kill themselves. They crave for conversation and connection in their last moments. Some just don't want to be alone. Im not saying that this is what happened with Mica, but it is a option.

Suicide is complex and sometimes not logical at all.
Jmo

I work at a mental health hotline and for a very short time at a suicide hotline. Some people call the hotline while preparing to kill themselves. They crave for conversation and connection in their last moments. Some just don't want to be alone. Im not saying that this is what happened with Mica, but it is a option.

Jmo

That would make sense

Jmo
RBBM: Yes, suicide is complex and I don't think it is logical at all. My cousin killed himself almost twenty years ago, but he called 911 to give his approximate location and to let them know where he left his final letter to his family. They didn't find him for two days, but it would have been so much longer if he hadn't called. And I will say, it wasn't entirely unexpected. He had a head injury from an accident and just couldn't seem to recover, but his doctor told him to go do something that he enjoyed doing before the accident, never thinking he would shoot himself in the head. He had been through so much, therapy, surgeries, meds, ect, and he just couldn't take how he felt. I have to say my aunt handled the obituary with grace, while not coming out and saying he "unalived" himself, she did say he got eternal relief from the pain he was suffering.

With Mica, I just don't know if the Pastor/Husband was involved, but he sure has my hinky meter in high gear! He really needs to be quiet to members of his church and public about what went on behind closed doors.

JMO, MOO, and all other disclaimers.

RBBM: Yes, suicide is complex and I don't think it is logical at all. My cousin killed himself almost twenty years ago, but he called 911 to give his approximate location and to let them know where he left his final letter to his family. They didn't find him for two days, but it would have been so much longer if he hadn't called. And I will say, it wasn't entirely unexpected. He had a head injury from an accident and just couldn't seem to recover, but his doctor told him to go do something that he enjoyed doing before the accident, never thinking he would shoot himself in the head. He had been through so much, therapy, surgeries, meds, ect, and he just couldn't take how he felt. I have to say my aunt handled the obituary with grace, while not coming out and saying he "unalived" himself, she did say he got eternal relief from the pain he was suffering.

With Mica, I just don't know if the Pastor/Husband was involved, but he sure has my hinky meter in high gear! He really needs to be quiet to members of his church and public about what went on behind closed doors.

JMO, MOO, and all other disclaimers.
Im sorry you had to go through that. I have also personal experience with suicide. If only we could relieve the pain and mental fear and anxiety for our loved ones. We can only hope that they are at peace now. The feeling they so heavily craved.

This case is wild in my personal opinion, hopefully we get some factual information soon.

Jmo
Agreed. That was my experience during the 3 years I worked at a suicide hotline. It was heart wrenching.

I'm going to be very interested in who is considered next of kin now. I read the statement about the equitable estate and the sister wants to be in control since Mica filed for divorce. HOWEVER, she did cancel a previous filing, and I think i read he WAS served less than 48 hours before she was found, is he still considered next of kin? Does HE get to decide burial etc? Will he be at the meeting today? This could be a very touchy situation and i do hope her family is getting another outside agency to look at everything. Brings to mind the Daybell case right now also. Had he cremated Tammy, some of these charges would have never happened. It was only with exhuming they found the issues with her death.

This pastor reminds me of Jimmy Swaggard and his cries to his congregation, “I have sinned against thee, O’Lord”.
I have never heard JS. But I don't hear JP taking responsibility for anything. He drags his wife and the church board through the mud, over and over. It's almost as if the idea that he is a sinner, too, just never even crossed his mind.

I'm not sure that a church can be owned by a pastor. I guess it would depend upon their church's constitution, bylaws, etc.?? I realize that he started that church, but church splits happen pretty regularly, and over far less than he's facing. moo
From what I understood, he owns the building the church meets in.

I'm going to be very interested in who is considered next of kin now. I read the statement about the equitable estate and the sister wants to be in control since Mica filed for divorce. HOWEVER, she did cancel a previous filing, and I think i read he WAS served less than 48 hours before she was found, is he still considered next of kin? Does HE get to decide burial etc? Will he be at the meeting today? This could be a very touchy situation and i do hope her family is getting another outside agency to look at everything. Brings to mind the Daybell case right now also. Had he cremated Tammy, some of these charges would have never happened. It was only with exhuming they found the issues with her death.

I think and hope that her family will be considered next of kin.

This thread is where I saw it announced for 9 am tomorrow, and it’s the only place I saw it.

JBB said that if there was a presser tomorrow he would livestream it.

MOO
05/07/24 8:11 PM
From the Robeson County Sheriff's Office Facebook Page:

There is information circulating that a press conference in relation to the Mica Miller investigation will be held at 9 am tomorrow morning. The information is NOT accurate and NO press conference is scheduled.

There is a meeting scheduled with the immediate family to discuss the findings and a detailed media release will be electronically distributed.

I am Jewish, so please forgive me if this is an ignorant question… but is it typical to call the Pastor’s wife a First Lady? Again, I’ve never heard it. but JP’s email to Mica keeps popping into my head.

I have never heard JS. But I don't hear JP taking responsibility for anything. He drags his wife and the church board through the mud, over and over. It's almost as if the idea that he is a sinner, too, just never even crossed his mind.
Swaggart was an Assemblies of God pentecostal televangelist who got himself involved with a prostitute in the 80s, who did publicly repent in a very cringe manner on television. But he did at least, repent and apologize for his conduct.

And you are correct, JP doesn't seem to be taking responsibility for anything. At least not publicly. Maybe this is part of why he's been out of the picture the last few days, as his church announced.

jmo

There’s one for assault and battery of a high and aggravated nature - sounds serious to me. He received a sentence of 4 years which was suspended. In May, 2022 he received a certificate of pardon.

ETA - From your link

I looked at that too. I’m not sure that I know how to fully use the database. Were you able to see who was the victim of the pardoned assault?

I'm still poking around that database, I think there may be more info to glean than just the surface listing.

I wonder why he’s requested a jury trial for a traffic violation?
And that’s a LOT of traffic violations, does JPM feel that he need not obey traffic laws? Other laws?

MOO, food for thought.

Oy I hate this kind of complaining whether it comes from journalists or law enforcement. He's taking things personally and centering himself, IMO. Of course people on social media are saying crazy and unfounded things. They're completely random people on the internet, some of whom suck and are liars and some of whom are genuinely in pain over the loss of Mica and trying to make sense of things. That's why we look to objective professionals to investigate and report.

Journalism, like law enforcement, is a job, and IMO it is unprofessional to react emotionally and defensively like this--erodes the illusion of objectivity.

Is it time to clone Nate Eaton?

This is tricky. I suspect that there will be an investigation, because so much seems to be off here, and if there were trackers and slashed tires and phone taps and constant harassment, maybe there are some charges to be laid to at least slow down The Alleged Pastor.

He seems to have brought back his church from the brink once, with the significant help of Mica, but surviving adultery may prove easier than what may have been a coercive control-driven suicide.

Either way, hoping for a measure of justice for Mica and a permanent grounding of the Alleged Pastor's Plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KreepinSavage