SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know if someone answered this somewhere and I missed it, why Mica didn’t have children of her own since they were married since 2017?

Maybe she was unable, maybe she had no desire for her own children, maybe five stepchildren were enough, maybe she felt she couldn’t trust JM.

I have mixed emotions if this is better or worse. I’m certainly relieved she didn’t leave her own children behind to suffer, but maybe it would have given her a reason to live.

Moot point now.

I’d been under the impression that JM’s kids were young, but in some of the MSM here I read one of his sons is married, I think.

I can’t trust anything JM says but I hope she had a mutually loving relationship with her stepchildren.

As always I think about the divorced first wife, myself being a divorced first wife. I hope she has found peace and happiness after JM betrayed her.

JMO

I am Jewish, so please forgive me if this is an ignorant question… but is it typical to call the Pastor’s wife a First Lady? Again, I’ve never heard it. but JP’s email to Mica keeps popping into my head.
Not an ignorant question at all. I'm Christian, and have never heard of a pastor's wife being called First Lady. But I did some looking around and apparently some churches/denominations do use that title. Just none I've ever been associated with. WaPo from 2007 mentions it: https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...lesspan/35e4db19-e16b-4b88-b88b-0dfd1cbb2884/

I believe requesting it from the governor. The governor grants the pardons if they choose.
Actually, in South Carolina, it is a seven-member board, and not the governor, who grants pardons. There is a process that must be gone through, and requirements that must first be met.

An Order of Pardon shall be signed by at least two-thirds of the members of the Board. Upon a favorable consideration by the Board, the director of the Department of Probation, Parole and Pardon Services will issue a Pardon Certificate. A pardon order obtained by fraud is void.

I am Jewish, so please forgive me if this is an ignorant question… but is it typical to call the Pastor’s wife a First Lady? Again, I’ve never heard it. but JP’s email to Mica keeps popping into my head.

The term "first ladies" historically has referred to their positions as the prominent wives of church pastors. Now, some who use that title -- including more than half those attending the summit -- also are called co-pastor.

@maamager (sorry, forgot to quote your post)

I’ve heard “First Lady of the Church” a LOT in the southern US, particularly from Baptists. In the rest of the US, only occasionally.

JME, IME, MOO, etc…

Last edited:

I’m Jewish too, but I know a lot of Christians, evangelical Christians, and to my knowledge nobody does that.

The point is SUPPOSED to be that the pastor is a humble servant, but calling her the First Lady is part of his self-aggrandizement, IMO. If she has a “title” then he’s ennobled, too.

What a creep.

IMO

ETA: I’ve just read @jjonez post above, regarding this being common in the South.
I’m in NYC so maybe that’s why, but never have heard it used here.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that a church can be owned by a pastor. I guess it would depend upon their church's constitution, bylaws, etc.?? I trealize that he started that church, but church splits happen pretty regularly, and over far less than he's facing. moo
Solid Rock (the church) is a business, and not a non-profit as I understand it. Almost anyone can own a business. MOO.

Last edited:
From what I understood, he owns the building the church meets in.
He owns the building and the land that the church sits on. He started the church. It is non-denominational, and seems, for all intents and purposes, to be the Church of JPM. There is an overseer and a board of trustees that he almost certainly hand-picked. The statement that came out yesterday that he has been relieved of ministerial duties, suspended for a period of healing, counsel and guidance was very likely crafted by him, and may as well have read, "Pastor JP is on paid vacation until this mess blows over". From their now suspended website...

There may be a meeting of the entire Body called by the Leadership in times of great decisions or crisis, but the general governmental decisions of the ministry are made by the Pastor, with encouragement from the Board of Trustees and advice from the leadership of the church (the Deacons, Deaconesses, and Elders).

The church members were notified of his suspension in an email, but apparently had no input in the decision. JMO

Last edited:
I looked at that too. I’m not sure that I know how to fully use the database. Were you able to see who was the victim of the pardoned assault?

I'm still poking around that database, I think there may be more info to glean than just the surface listing.

I wonder why he’s requested a jury trial for a traffic violation?
And that’s a LOT of traffic violations, does JPM feel that he need not obey traffic laws? Other laws?

MOO, food for thought.

Looking closer at the charge, he was charged for running either a stop light or stop sign (Failure to obey traffic-control devices), and filed a Brady Motion (which basically says "prove it" with evidence) and requested a jury trial.

Looks to me like it's a shot at grandstanding for a crowd. You don't tell the authorities to "prove it" and request an audience, unless you're innocent, or have a performance to put on. My guess is the latter.

jmo

Not an ignorant question at all. I'm Christian, and have never heard of a pastor's wife being called First Lady. But I did some looking around and apparently some churches/denominations do use that title. Just none I've ever been associated with. WaPo from 2007 mentions it: https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...lesspan/35e4db19-e16b-4b88-b88b-0dfd1cbb2884/
My pastor's wife, and all of the pastor's wives in my church's denomination, at least in any I have ever visited, which is the largest denomination in the southeast region of the USA, is simply referred to as 'the pastor's wife'.

Last edited:
I have never heard it personally and I grew up in the south and Southern Baptist. But I have read the responses to your question and apparently it is a thing.

Looking closer at the charge, he was charged for running either a stop light or stop sign (Failure to obey traffic-control devices), and filed a Brady Motion (which basically says "prove it" with evidence) and requested a jury trial.

Looks to me like it's a shot at grandstanding for a crowd. You don't tell the authorities to "prove it" and request an audience, unless you're innocent, or have a performance to put on. My guess is the latter.

jmo
For running a stop light or stop sign? Wonder if he preached on that! JMO

I don’t know if someone answered this somewhere and I missed it, why Mica didn’t have children of her own since they were married since 2017?

We don’t know for a fact whether MM was using any medication or not. Many mental maintenance medications (and other meds, for that matter) are not safe for pregnancy. Just a possibility.
MOO.

Last edited:
JP allegedly groomed Mica as a young teen. But, she got married to someone else, not him. Then she did eventually marry him.

IMO MOO
From the records I was looking at here https://publicindex.sccourts.org/Horry/PublicIndex/PISearch.aspx, he was divorced in November 2015 and she was divorced in September 2016.
He claims it was their (his and Mica's) infidelity that lead to both divorces, then they married a year after she was divorced. In both divorces, it was the ex spouses of each, that filed.

Do I think he "groomed" her? No. I think she likely caught his eye as a teen because she was quite pretty, but that's likely as far as it went.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members