SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the records I was looking at here https://publicindex.sccourts.org/Horry/PublicIndex/PISearch.aspx, he was divorced in November 2015 and she was divorced in September 2016.
He claims it was their (his and Mica's) infidelity that lead to both divorces, then they married a year after she was divorced. In both divorces, it was the ex spouses of each, that filed.

Do I think he "groomed" her? No. I think she likely caught his eye as a teen because she was quite pretty, but that's likely as far as it went.

jmo
I'm sorry, but regardless of whether or not he "groomed" MIca, a 14 or 15-ear old girl, should not catch a 28-year old man's eye, because she was pretty, especially one professing to be a minister of the gospel. JMO

Last edited:
If his sermons are online (and I haven't looked) then the sermon on Sunday the 10th would be the one, if he did. It would be interesting to see what the sermon subject was that day.
His sermons are on YouTube. I can’t figure out how to link/share the Solid Rock homepage on YT, so here is a link to a random sermon. You can open the page from there.

I am from Louisiana and have never heard of that. I also have family that are Baptist.
I am from the South also, and I have never heard that term. Pastors and their wives are supposed to be for lack of a better term, humble servants. Being called "First Lady" as a Pastor's wife doesn't give me that humble feeling, if you can understand what I am trying to say. My words aren't coming together this morning, sorry!

I'm sorry, but regardless of whether or not he "groomed" MIca, a 14 or 15-ear old girl, should not catch a 28-year old man's eye, because she was pretty, especially one professing to be a minister of the gospel. JMO
Regardless of whether things should happen or not, they do. This forum is filled with all the things that should never happen, but do. Folks are speculating that he "groomed" her because they met when she was a teenager. Yet there isn't any evidence of grooming at all, as far as I've seen.

I am from the South also, and I have never heard that term. Pastors and their wives are supposed to be for lack of a better term, humble servants. Being called "First Lady" as a Pastor's wife doesn't give me that humble feeling, if you can understand what I am trying to say. My words aren't coming together this morning, sorry!

The term has always struck me as inappropriately prideful.
MOO

Last edited:
Last edited:
Looking closer at the charge, he was charged for running either a stop light or stop sign (Failure to obey traffic-control devices), and filed a Brady Motion (which basically says "prove it" with evidence) and requested a jury trial.

Looks to me like it's a shot at grandstanding for a crowd. You don't tell the authorities to "prove it" and request an audience, unless you're innocent, or have a performance to put on. My guess is the latter.

jmo
For running a stop light or stop sign? Wonder if he preached on that! JMO
Just an observation here...

I've noticed something interesting after reviewing the Horry County Public Index. Aside from JB's assault and battery charge, there's another "pastor" listed in the index who has accumulated multiple traffic violations over the years, similar to JB. Additionally, this other pastor frequently engages in "car preaching" on his Facebook page and never wears a seatbelt. It seems like he might consider himself above the law.

The similarities in their narcissistic traits are quite striking.

MOO

The Robeson County Sheriff's Office on Tuesday will release its findings into the death of a Myrtle Beach pastor’s wife, WMBF reports.

The Robeson County Sheriff’s Office said on Facebook that Sheriff Burnis Wilkins will meet with Miller's family Tuesday night to review findings from a report from the State Medical Examiner’s Office.

"Sheriff Wilkins is also asking for everyone to please await the full timeline of events before making assumptions and coming to conclusions," the post read.

An accomplished singer, Miller opened a March 21 video with a reference to “Trouble” by Christian rock group CAIN.

Then she said, “Loving God’s people the way you know God loves you and pouring it out on someone else, let’s do something good for somebody else, and make the enemy so mad today.”

Wait. Is this the original Solid Rock Ministries? The linked entry shows an effective date in 2006.
Weren’t we told that that Solid Rock at Market Place is a new and separate entity?
Not 100% sure on the original part, but the entity name, SOLID ROCK MINISTRIES, INC. coincides with Horry County Tax Records.

There is also a newer Solid Rock Baptist Church on Scipio Lane off of Holmestown, Rd. which stated two days ago on their FB page:
Good evening Solid Rock family as you may or may not know the “other” Solid Rock church in Market Commons has had some things go down recently. As a result we have had an unusual uptick in people from across the country join our pages. We here at Solid Rock on Scipio Lane would like to inform our newest members on our social media platform that we are in NO WAY affiliated with the other Solid Rock church, & we won’t presume to know anything about that situation either. We are a loving church who preaches the Word, & Jesus straight from the Holy Bible, so if you’re here looking for dirt, we don’t have any. If you’re here to worship our Lord & Savior we welcome you.
Pretty sure there are hundreds of "Solid Rocks" with different ownerships and affiliations throughout SC and the US.

I'm yet to dig into the SBC. I don't want to corrupt my browser cookies or lose my cookies for that matter... IMOO

We were told JPM “lost his church” in the fallout of his divorce. Then afterwards JPM and MM started the “new” Solid Rock. Perhaps I conflated losing his congregation with losing the business. But I’m not so sure.

All MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member