SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am Jewish, so please forgive me if this is an ignorant question… but is it typical to call the Pastor’s wife a First Lady? Again, I’ve never heard it. but JP’s email to Mica keeps popping into my head.
I think the Catholic church uses a term 'licit' to describe practices that are permissible- and thus not condemned. But... they are not exactly extolled either.

I am thinking that Baptists would probably apply the 'licit' idea to the "First Lady" title: Its permissible and there is nothing inherently wrong with it. But.... the practice is not encouraged.

Last edited:
Solid Rock (the church) is a business, and not a non-profit as I understand it. Almost anyone can own a business. MOO.
I checked yesterday, the link and screenshot are upthread. It's a non-profit (Solid Rock).

ETA: I'm caught up and see some of the confusion around this now. I'm going to dig for a few.

Last edited:
I read this entire thread last night (thanks insomnia!) and am incredulous that the CoD and MoD say suicide.

And it's not because I don't think suicide can't happen when there don't seem to be reasons - I have been in the minority in the self-harm camp often and early here (Debbie Collier, for one).

But there are so many red flags here I can't even count them all, let alone spell them out. To me, a woman who files for divorce from an abusive marriage, then ends up dead 48 hours later and it's a suicide, is not just a coincidence, it's an extraordinary claim. And extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence (TM Carl Sagan) and while as a member of the public, I have no right to view that evidence, I hope her family does and they are satisfied that, at a minimum:

1. He has a rock solid alibi (not just Solid Rock, i.e, a member of his congregation who he has under his control);

2. His close associates, including anyone involved in stalking Mica can also be accounted for;

3. That it is verified that the 911 call came from Mica prior to her death, and her voice was verified by her family.

Given the timelines we know of in getting telecom and internet and app providers to respond to subpoenas, I am doubtful that these avenues of investigation were pursued to the extent required. I hope I'm wrong.

Although the motive is different, this case gives me Tifany Adams and her God's Misfits vibes (Veronica Butler and Jillian Kelly). It's all about narcissistic control. No one makes me more ill than those who cloak themselves in the guise of godliness while doing evil.

Last edited:
I get where you are going with this. (I think). I have an uneasy feeling that MM's "suicide" was a set up to pin blame on JP. There is certainly alot of blame going around and deservedly so but...we may be pinning to much on JP. Jmo as unpopular as it will be.
Your theory has certainly crossed my mind as a possibility.

I checked yesterday, the link and screenshot are upthread. It's a non-profit (Solid Rock).

ETA: I'm caught up and see some of the confusion around this now. I'm going to dig for a few.
Yes. I requested that my misinformation be deleted (as mentioned upthread). It just hasn’t happened yet.
I still have questions tho…

ETA - Your edit came up as I was typing, I hadn’t seen it when I made this post. ;)

Yes, the text that I posted upthread, that states Solid Rock at Market Common was incorporated in South Carolina as a non-profit charity came directly from their now-suspended Website. And btw, as a Baptist, I would ask that people please stop implying that this "church" is of the baptist denomination. It is not, and never has been. JMO

Yes, the text that I posted upthread, that states Solid Rock at Market Common is a non-profit charity came directly from their now-suspended Website. And btw, as a Baptist, I would ask that people please stop implying that this "church" is of the baptist denomination. It is not, and never has been. JMO
I don't think it is affiliated with anything or governed by anything other than their established doctrine and rules nor do I think that the pastor has any formal theological or ministry training from an accredited school.

That was my takeaway from the former website.

JMO

I’m Jewish too, but I know a lot of Christians, evangelical Christians, and to my knowledge nobody does that.

The point is SUPPOSED to be that the pastor is a humble servant, but calling her the First Lady is part of his self-aggrandizement, IMO. If she has a “title” then he’s ennobled, too.

What a creep.

IMO

ETA: I’ve just read @jjonez post above, regarding this being common in the South.
I’m in NYC so maybe that’s why, but never have heard it used here.
I grew up attending a Baptist church in South Carolina. I was there every Sunday and Wednesday until I went off to college. My brother even went to Seminary after college and is an ordained minister. He served as the Pastor at a First Baptist Church in South Carolina for many years. I have never heard him refer to his wife as “His First Lady” or “The First Lady of the Church” nor have I heard that title used at any other Baptist church I’ve ever attended. It seems it could be a thing at some churches, but it’s certainly not commonplace (or something associated with) all Baptist churches in the South.

If you ask me, JPM referring to anyone as “his First Lady” is just more proof that he’s a megalomaniac.

ETA: I specifically mentioned Baptists because there was a post upthread that said it was commonly used in Baptist churches in the South. I just wanted to clarify that isn’t true for all of them.

I realize Solid Rock at Market Common is not a Baptist church. Although, I will admit I was initially confused about the location of JPM’s church. Because in the news articles that talk about Mica meeting the officer at the magistrate’s office on Scipio Lane to file a restraining order and the suspect slowly driving by as they were speaking — that office building on Scipio Lane is, oddly enough, located directly across the street from the OTHER Solid Rock church (the Baptist one). But I knew that area wasn’t Market Common… and only then did I realize there are two churches named Solid Rock and they have nothing to do with each other.

Last edited:
I think I’m about to embarrass myself, as I believe there is a joke in there that I only partially understood (cookies), but…

I thought Solid Rock/JPM were non-denominational, not Baptist. Am I mistaken?
Yes, joking and you are correct.

According to SR website:

HOW IS SOLID ROCK GOVERNED?
Our congregation:
We believe in New Testament Church Government as evidenced in Acts 15:1-35. In this council one can note that the leadership made the ministry decision, and the people were informed afterward. This is the pattern all through the Bible and in the first 1,500 years of Church History. It still is the pattern in most Christian Churches today. There may be a meeting of the entire Body called by the Leadership in times of great decisions or crisis, but the general governmental decisions of the ministry are made by the Pastor, with encouragement from the Board of Trustees and advice from the leadership of the church (the Deacons, Deaconesses, and Elders).

Our Trustees:
Solid Rock is incorporated with the State of South Carolina as a non-profit church organization. The laws of S.C. and of the U.S. require that legal entities like Solid Rock have at least 2 trustees or more to incorporate. The Function of the Trustee Board is to guarantee that the corporation maintains its non-profit status and functions at all levels in a legal and proper manner. No property or anything of consequence can be bought or sold without the permission of the Trustees. The Board of Trustees gives approval to the Annual Financial Budget of the ministry, major financial decisions, mortgages, and provides any personal help or ministry advice that is needed by PJP. They are the only legal voting entity in the Church since Solid Rock follows a church government according to the New Testament.

There are seven Trustee Board members of Solid Rock at Market Common. These include a Bishop overseer, Pastor JP as the President of the Board, Elders, Businessmen, and ordained ministers. It is the personal goal of Pastor JP to never make a decision based on the involvement of the Trustees unless the Trustees’ opinions are unanimous.

Ephesians 1:20-23 makes it clear that Jesus Christ is the head of the church, and He appoints those to represent Him in the government of the church, starting with the Pastor or founding Apostle. Jesus entrusts the Pastor with the vision for the church and entrusts the leaders and members of that church to follow the Word of God and fulfill the vision of that particular local church.

Friends of pastor's wife argue she did NOT shoot herself dead despite her husband's claims - as her chilling warning to cops is revealed​

Thanks. I figured it did. Hopefully, all the assets have been frozen.

JMO
Many churches have a governing body, such that a pastor couldn't touch church funds without their approval. (Besides his usual paycheck.) It wouldn't be fair to someone else on staff or to the parishioners to just freeze the church's assets based upon speculation. That would be the same as anyone else suddenly not getting a paycheck from company ABC, bc someone in their organization was suspected of possibly being involved in a crime. amoo

(BTW, I think this pastor is guilty as sin. I'm certainly not taking up for him.)

JP is the only one blathering about MM, in his videos, having schizophrenia, bipolar, paranoid anything.. and right now I don't believe a word he says.
I thought it was stated that when Mica was committed to the hospital, that the doctors told her she was fine. I'm not convinced that her schizophrenia and bi polar disorder was not another case of gaslighting by her husband.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member