SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read this entire thread last night (thanks insomnia!) and am incredulous that the CoD and MoD say suicide.

And it's not because I don't think suicide can't happen when there don't seem to be reasons - I have been in the minority in the self-harm camp often and early here (Debbie Collier, for one).

But there are so many red flags here I can't even count them all, let alone spell them out. To me, a woman who files for divorce from an abusive marriage, then ends up dead 48 hours later and it's a suicide, is not just a coincidence, it's an extraordinary claim. And extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence (TM Carl Sagan) and while as a member of the public, I have no right to view that evidence, I hope her family does and they are satisfied that, at a minimum:

1. He has a rock solid alibi (not just Solid Rock, i.e, a member of his congregation who he has under his control);

2. His close associates, including anyone involved in stalking Mica can also be accounted for;

3. That it is verified that the 911 call came from Mica prior to her death, and her voice was verified by her family.

Given the timelines we know of in getting telecom and internet and app providers to respond to subpoenas, I am doubtful that these avenues of investigation were pursued to the extent required. I hope I'm wrong.

Although the motive is different, this case gives me Tifany Adams and her God's Misfits vibes (Veronica Butler and Jillian Kelly). It's all about narcissistic control. No one makes me more ill than those who cloak themselves in the guise of godliness while doing evil.
Right there with you @Kittybunny ...
There are evil people who kill...
But there is a different type of manipulative killing that is self-justified through selective religious doctrines.
It a special kind of evil...and so many cases right now.

I grew up attending a Baptist church in South Carolina. I was there every Sunday and Wednesday until I went off to college. My brother even went to Seminary after college and is an ordained minister. He served as the Pastor at a First Baptist Church in South Carolina for many years. I have never heard him refer to his wife as “His First Lady” or “The First Lady of the Church” nor have I heard that title used at any other Baptist church I’ve ever attended. It seems it could be a thing at some churches, but it’s certainly not commonplace (or something associated with) all Baptist churches in the South.

If you ask me, JPM referring to anyone as “his First Lady” is just more proof that he’s a megalomaniac.

ETA: I specifically mentioned Baptists because there was a post upthread that said it was commonly used in Baptist churches in the South. I just wanted to clarify that isn’t true for all of them.

I realize Solid Rock at Market Common is not a Baptist church. Although, I will admit I was initially confused about the location of JPM’s church. Because in the news articles that talk about Mica meeting the officer at the magistrate’s office on Scipio Lane to file a restraining order and the suspect slowly driving by as they were speaking — that office building on Scipio Lane is, oddly enough, located directly across the street from the OTHER Solid Rock church (the Baptist one). But I knew that area wasn’t Market Common… and only then did I realize there are two churches named Solid Rock and they have nothing to do with each other.
Actually, I do find it strange, in itself , that there ARE two churches with the same name in the same town.
Now curious who was first, and why second did what they did.

Many churches have a governing body, such that a pastor couldn't touch church funds without their approval. (Besides his usual paycheck.) It wouldn't be fair to someone else on staff or to the parishioners to just freeze the church's assets based upon speculation. That would be the same as anyone else suddenly not getting a paycheck from company ABC, bc someone in their organization was suspected of possibly being involved in a crime. amoo

(BTW, I think this pastor is guilty as sin. I'm certainly not taking up for him.)
The pastor has been removed from his ministerial position. I think his "church" knows more than we do and so does the IRS.

JMO

I grew up attending a Baptist church in South Carolina. I was there every Sunday and Wednesday until I went off to college. My brother even went to Seminary after college and is an ordained minister. He served as the Pastor at a First Baptist Church in South Carolina for many years. I have never heard him refer to his wife as “His First Lady” or “The First Lady of the Church” nor have I heard that title used at any other Baptist church I’ve ever attended. It seems it could be a thing at some churches, but it’s certainly not commonplace (or something associated with) all Baptist churches in the South.

If you ask me, JPM referring to anyone as “his First Lady” is just more proof that he’s a megalomaniac.

ETA: I specifically mentioned Baptists because there was a post upthread that said it was commonly used in Baptist churches in the South. I just wanted to clarify that isn’t true for all of them.

I realize Solid Rock at Market Common is not a Baptist church. Although, I will admit I was initially confused about the location of JPM’s church. Because in the news articles that talk about Mica meeting the officer at the magistrate’s office on Scipio Lane to file a restraining order and the suspect slowly driving by as they were speaking — that office building on Scipio Lane is, oddly enough, located directly across the street from the OTHER Solid Rock church (the Baptist one). But I knew that area wasn’t Market Common… and only then did I realize there are two churches named Solid Rock and they have nothing to do with each other.
The main thing I take away from JPM referring to his wife as the "First Lady" is that he doesn't want people to confuse her with his second lady, or any subsequent ones that may catch his eye. JMO

Last edited:

I was the “post upthread”. To clarify…

My post was in response to a question, and I made it clear that my response described only my experience. I did not aim to suggest the frequency at which it is commonly used but instead where, when and how often I personally have heard it. In no way did I mean to suggest that all/most Baptists use this term. I also did not mean to imply that JPM/SR are Baptist.

I have clearly created some confusion. If my wording suggested otherwise to anyone, I apologize.

Last edited:
Right there with you @Kittybunny ...
There are evil people who kill...
But there is a different type of manipulative killing that is self-justified through selective religious doctrines.
It a special kind of evil...and so many cases right now.
I'm not sure those doctrines have as much to do with religion as they have to do with the narcissistic personality of the self-appointed "leader." Jim Jones and his "Peoples Temple" comes to mind.

JMO

The pastor has been removed from his ministerial position. I think his "church" knows more than we do and so does the IRS.

JMO

That's probably true, but isn't there at least one other staff member? I seem to recall another pastor. I'm just saying that other staff need to be paid, and the church will likely go on with a new pastor. moo

JMO

If you read the entire statement, it says he has been released "from all ministerial functions for a time of healing and counsel and guidance..." I suppose that can be read ambiguously, which was probably the intention, but that sounds like a temporary suspension to me, and likely a paid suspension, basically vacation. Never once does it say he has been terminated. This was probably nothing more than a CYA effort to squelch backlash and prying eyes. JMO

Last edited:
<modsnip> This woman was groomed and then tortured for years. Even if she pulled the trigger, (I don't believe that for a second) JP is to blame for her death. <modsnip> There is one very clear victim here. I believe Mica's family has stated that she wasn't bipolar or schizophrenic. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
If you read the entire statement, it says he has been released "from all ministerial functions for a time of healing and counsel and guidance..." I suppose that can be read ambiguously, which was probably the intention, but that sounds like a temporary suspension to me, and likely a paid suspension, basically vacation. Never once does it say he has been terminated. This was probably nothing more than a CYA effort to squelch backlash and prying eyes. JMO
BBM. Hasn't he started two churches and was removed from the first one?

There is nothing that will squelch the prying eyes of the Feds, including the IRS. I once made a typo on our federal tax return. I typed a "1" instead of a "7" in one of our kids' SS number. That audit took nearly a year. I think the IRS might be a tad more forceful in examining a business that pays zero taxes and provides a tax deduction to its members.

JMO

<modsnip - quoted post was not victim friendly, contained speculation outside the bounds of the known facts of the case. Response also removed>

What we DO know from her own court documents and posted videos, she DID experience strange manipulative DOMESTIC VIOLENCE.

THAT is the story that I personally hope opens up.

Last edited by a moderator:
MOD NOTE: Please move on from whether "First Lady" is commonly used to indicate the wife of a pastor. There is enough discussion on the thread about this already and further anecdotes aren't likely to clear anything up.

BBM. Hasn't he started two churches and was removed from the first one?

There is nothing that will squelch the prying eyes of the Feds, including the IRS. I once made a typo on our federal tax return. I typed a "1" instead of a "7" in one of our kids' SS number. That audit took nearly a year. I think the IRS might be a tad more forceful in examining a business that pays zero taxes and provides a tax deduction to its members.

JMO
He did start a church before the current one, and there was a spilt due to his infidelity, but I have not seen it stated that he was removed, so much as I have that many people left that church because of his actions. But regardless, IF he was removed from his first church, that is all the more reason why I suspect he put safeguards in place to prevent it from happening again.

And to your point about nothing squelching the prying eyes of the Feds, you may very well be right, and I hope that you are, but that would not necessarily keep those church leaders from trying. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member