SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody Alcorn

4 m ·
Mica Miller | Case Update

Robeson County Sheriff’s Office :

A death investigation that has tugged on the hearts of people across the nation has been ruled a suicide. The decision was based on surveillance footage, interviews, physical evidence, and the examination of the North Carolina Medical Examiner’s Office.

On Saturday, April 27, 2024, at approximately 2:54 pm, Robeson County E911 Communications Center received a 911 call from a female. The caller asked the dispatcher if her phone could be located because she was going to kill herself and wanted her family to be able to find her body. During the conversation with the dispatcher, the caller hung up the phone and the dispatcher was unable to contact the caller. The dispatcher was able to find the location of the caller and dispatched a Deputy to the location.

The deputies contacted the Lumber River State Park Superintendent upon their arrival at Lumber River State Park in Orrum, NC. The Deputies and State Park Rangers conducted a search of the area for the victim. The search was aided by a Robeson County Sheriff’s Office drone.

During the investigation, a black Honda Accord with a South Carolina registration was located in the parking lot at the State Park. The investigators confirmed that the vehicle belonged to Mica Miller, 30, of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Investigators located an Sig Sauer gun case in the passenger seat of the vehicle and a box of ammunition in the center console of the vehicle.

Investigators also found a receipt for the Sig Sauer handgun from a pawn shop and a receipt from a convenience store in the vehicle. Both receipts were dated for same day of Miller’s death (April 27, 2024).

During the search of the park for the 911 caller, investigators were approached by an individual who had found a bag near the water edge with an identification belonging to Miller. The individual stated that he heard someone crying and a gunshot while he was fishing.

Law enforcement continued the search and E911 received a call from an individual who stated that a body was located in the water. Law Enforcement responded to the location and contacted the North Carolina Medical Examiner’s Office upon locating the deceased. The victim was identified as Mica Miller.

A Sig Sauer 9mm handgun was located in the water at the crime scene during the search of the area. The serial number on the weapon matched the gun box that was found in Miller’s Honda Accord.

During the investigation, Miller’s phone and other personal belongings were located. A search of Miller’s phone revealed that she conducted a Google search for “national parks near me” and the Lumber River State Park location was provided.

The investigation also revealed that Miller and her estranged husband (John Paul Miller) had been separated and were involved in the legal system. This information led to the investigators confirming the whereabouts of Miller and a female that he is allegedly romantically involved with. Investigators were able to confirm that both individuals were not in North Carolina on the night before and the day of the Miller’s death.

Investigators learned through interviews that John Paul Miller was at an athletic event in Charleston on the day of Mica Miller’s death. John Miller’s vehicle was observed traveling on Hwy 17 Bypass, in Horry County at 2:22 pm on April 27, 2024.

The investigation confirmed that John Miller was accompanied while traveling to and from the event in Charleston, SC.

Investigators conducted several interviews and developed a timeline of events in relation to Miller’s death on April 24, 2024:

11:00 am Miller was observed on her ring camera arriving at her residence on Margarita Dr., Myrtle Beach, SC.

11:38 am Miller was observed on her ring camera leaving her residence

12:12 pm Miller is observed on store surveillance walking into Dick’s Pawn Shop which is located at 1852 Mr. Joe White Ave. Myrtle Beach, SC

12:13 pm Miller is observed at the register and initiates the purchase of a weapon.

12:34 pm Miller is observed leaving Dick’s Pawn shop after purchasing a weapon and ammunition

1:06 pm Miller’s black Honda Accord is observed traveling on Hwy 501 near Four Mile Rd., Conway, South Carolina

1:27 pm Miller’s black Honda Accord is observed arriving at 41 Grocery and Grill which is located at 41 SC-41, Mullins SC

1:35 pm Miller is observed leaving the store after purchasing a drink and gas

2:54 pm Miller called Robeson County from Lumber River State Park. The Lumber River State Park is 32.7 miles (41 minutes) from 41 Grocery and Grill in Mullins via SC-9 North.

“First, let me say on behalf of the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office that our sincere condolences are being sent to the family and friends of Mica Miller,” says Sheriff Burnis Wilkins.

“This incident has garnered much attention from across the Carolinas and beyond. I want to assure everyone that a very methodical investigation was conducted by our Criminal Investigations Team and Crime Scene Investigative Team.

Unfortunately, rumors and conspiracy theories were spreading quickly, and assumptions were being made. However, in the end, we must make decisions based on the facts, and evidence that has been gathered. While I know it’s not what many people wanted to hear, the evidence is quite clear and compelling, and we are as saddened as anyone that this occurred. There are many factors that we have reviewed that occurred over an extended period of time that are probably related to the reason for this investigation, but in the end, sadly, a tragic decision was made by Mica that ended her life.”

The official cause of death has not been released but Miller said her death was a suicide, and many of her friends are struggling to come to terms with that.

TBH most cases I've followed the family and friends struggle to believe the death of their loved one was suicide. I would say I would probably have the same difficulty believing it was suicide if my kid died by their own hand.

I'm not saying I think Mica unalived herself and I'm not saying I don't. I think there is alot we don't know and the husband and her family/friends differing greatly in what they do/don't say. I get a hinky creep feeling about her hubby and see how some could believe it is foul play because of that. But it could also be suicide. Just because the family doesn't believe that is a possibility doesn't mean it isn't. Either way her death is saddening.

Interesting that MM and gun were found in the water.

Investigators located a Sig Sauer gun case in the passenger seat of the vehicle and a box of ammunition in the center console of the vehicle. Investigators also found a receipt for the Sig Sauer handgun from a pawn shop and a receipt from a convenience store in the vehicle. Both receipts were dated for same day of Miller’s death (April 27, 2024).

Law enforcement continued the search and E911 received a call from an individual who stated that a body was located in the water. Law Enforcement responded to the location and contacted the North Carolina Medical Examiner’s Office upon locating the deceased. The victim was identified as Mica Miller.

A Sig Sauer 9mm handgun was located in the water at the crime scene during the search of the area. The serial number on the weapon matched the gun box that was found in Miller’s Honda Accord.

Last edited:
So very sad. But for the surveillance video at the pawn shop, I wouldn't have believed it. RIP, sweet Mica. May your death not be in vain. There still needs to be #justiceformica.

Strange she stopped to buy a drink and put gas in her car when she was only 32 miles from the park.

2:54 pm Miller called Robeson County from Lumber River State Park. The Lumber River State Park is 32.7 miles (41 minutes) from 41 Grocery and Grill in Mullins via SC-9 North.

JMO

Strange she stopped to buy a drink and put gas in her car when she was only 32 miles from the park.

JMO
We don't know what the drink was. Could it have been alcoholic? Liquid courage? And she also could've been thinking ahead to someone having to drive her car back after.

The people saying she was groomed know them and knew them when she was 14/15. This is not coming from random people sleuthing on this case, this is being stated by friends and family. It's not normal for a almost 30 year-old man to "become friends" with a 14/15 year-old teen girl. Just because they got married to other people prior to getting married to each other it doesn't mean she wasn't groomed. We don't even know when their "relationship" started anyway.
Fair enough, so it's coming from people who knew them when she was a teen. Do you have a link stating this?
I haven't followed anywhere but here, and none of the MSM links I've seen here make any mention of it.

Fair enough, so it's coming from people who knew them when she was a teen. Do you have a link stating this?
I haven't followed anywhere but here, and none of the MSM links I've seen here make any mention of it.
It's just SM saying it.

I haven't found any interviews with friends saying that she was groomed etc.

We don't know what the drink was. Could it have been alcoholic? Liquid courage? And she also could've been thinking ahead to someone having to drive her car back after.
LE likely knows what the drink was and how much gas she purchased.

Did she fill up or buy just enough to get there because she was running low?

I can't see someone who is planning on committing suicide worrying about having enough gas in their car for someone to drive it back, unless she wasn't sure she could go through with it.

The vehicle was likely towed by LE to be forensically examined at a secure location.

JMO

I can't see someone who is planning on committing suicide worrying about having enough gas in their car for someone to drive it back, unless she wasn't sure she could go through with it.

The vehicle was likely towed by LE to be forensically examined at a secure location.

JMO
I mean she was thinking ahead enough to call and make sure her phone would be found so the family could find her body. All hinky vibes and thoughts we all had/have aside, LE verified the husband was not in the state so he can't have done it

JMO
I agree LE has this info and that we'll likely never be privy to it, but in my experience, people who are to the point of planning on unaliving themselves do think about those they are leaving behind and their well-being. She went somewhere that no one in her family could discover her, but called 911 to make sure her body could be returned to her loved ones. We'll never know what was going through MM's mind, but generally a lot of people make this decision based on their perception that everyone else would be better off without them; their lives would be simpler, less painful, etc. The brain can be a Liar McLiarPants and make us believe awful things, but it doesn't necessarily get rid of someone's empathy and love for their friends and family, you know?

Cody Alcorn

4 m ·
Mica Miller | Case Update

Robeson County Sheriff’s Office :

A death investigation that has tugged on the hearts of people across the nation has been ruled a suicide. The decision was based on surveillance footage, interviews, physical evidence, and the examination of the North Carolina Medical Examiner’s Office.

On Saturday, April 27, 2024, at approximately 2:54 pm, Robeson County E911 Communications Center received a 911 call from a female. The caller asked the dispatcher if her phone could be located because she was going to kill herself and wanted her family to be able to find her body. During the conversation with the dispatcher, the caller hung up the phone and the dispatcher was unable to contact the caller. The dispatcher was able to find the location of the caller and dispatched a Deputy to the location.

The deputies contacted the Lumber River State Park Superintendent upon their arrival at Lumber River State Park in Orrum, NC. The Deputies and State Park Rangers conducted a search of the area for the victim. The search was aided by a Robeson County Sheriff’s Office drone.

During the investigation, a black Honda Accord with a South Carolina registration was located in the parking lot at the State Park. The investigators confirmed that the vehicle belonged to Mica Miller, 30, of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Investigators located an Sig Sauer gun case in the passenger seat of the vehicle and a box of ammunition in the center console of the vehicle.

Investigators also found a receipt for the Sig Sauer handgun from a pawn shop and a receipt from a convenience store in the vehicle. Both receipts were dated for same day of Miller’s death (April 27, 2024).

During the search of the park for the 911 caller, investigators were approached by an individual who had found a bag near the water edge with an identification belonging to Miller. The individual stated that he heard someone crying and a gunshot while he was fishing.

During the investigation, Miller’s phone and other personal belongings were located. A search of Miller’s phone revealed that she conducted a Google search for “national parks near me” and the Lumber River State Park location was provided.

The investigation also revealed that Miller and her estranged husband (John Paul Miller) had been separated and were involved in the legal system. This information led to the investigators confirming the whereabouts of Miller and a female that he is allegedly romantically involved with. Investigators were able to confirm that both individuals were not in North Carolina on the night before and the day of the Miller’s death.

Investigators learned through interviews that John Paul Miller was at an athletic event in Charleston on the day of Mica Miller’s death. John Miller’s vehicle was observed traveling on Hwy 17 Bypass, in Horry County at 2:22 pm on April 27, 2024.

The investigation confirmed that John Miller was accompanied while traveling to and from the event in Charleston, SC.

Investigators conducted several interviews and developed a timeline of events in relation to Miller’s death on April 24, 2024:

11:00 am Miller was observed on her ring camera arriving at her residence on Margarita Dr., Myrtle Beach, SC.

11:38 am Miller was observed on her ring camera leaving her residence

12:12 pm Miller is observed on store surveillance walking into Dick’s Pawn Shop which is located at 1852 Mr. Joe White Ave. Myrtle Beach, SC

12:13 pm Miller is observed at the register and initiates the purchase of a weapon.

12:34 pm Miller is observed leaving Dick’s Pawn shop after purchasing a weapon and ammunition

1:06 pm Miller’s black Honda Accord is observed traveling on Hwy 501 near Four Mile Rd., Conway, South Carolina

1:27 pm Miller’s black Honda Accord is observed arriving at 41 Grocery and Grill which is located at 41 SC-41, Mullins SC

“First, let me say on behalf of the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office that our sincere condolences are being sent to the family and friends of Mica Miller,” says Sheriff Burnis Wilkins.

“This incident has garnered much attention from across the Carolinas and beyond. I want to assure everyone that a very methodical investigation was conducted by our Criminal Investigations Team and Crime Scene Investigative Team.

Unfortunately, rumors and conspiracy theories were spreading quickly, and assumptions were being made. However, in the end, we must make decisions based on the facts, and evidence that has been gathered. While I know it’s not what many people wanted to hear, the evidence is quite clear and compelling, and we are as saddened as anyone that this occurred. There are many factors that we have reviewed that occurred over an extended period of time that are probably related to the reason for this investigation, but in the end, sadly, a tragic decision was made by Mica that ended her life.”

Wow. I wouldn’t buy a conclusion by Robeson County, but I have a lot of respect for the NC State Medical Examiner’s office. I guess she did it herself. So sad

I mean she was thinking ahead enough to call and make sure her phone would be found so the family could find her body. All hinky vibes and thoughts we all had/have aside, LE verified the husband was not in the state so he can't have done it
If she didn't hours before her death purchase a gun at a pawn shop I would say there could be a possibility this may have been a contract killing. But there is no indication of that being the case with her going to a pawn shop (apparently alone) and buying the same hand gun found at the scene. Which I'm sure will be the gun forensically matched to the bullet found in her skull.

JMO

RIP Mica. Your battle is over and the struggles are known. I do believe your story is not over.
I don't think it is either. It's tragic she felt like this was the only way out, and my heart goes out to those who loved her. I suspect her husband will be experiencing yet another church split, and hopefully those folks that leave (all of them, hopefully) find a decent, honorable pastor and church family to worship with. That would certainly fall into the category of "something good" coming from this.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member