SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that MM and gun were found in the water.

Investigators located a Sig Sauer gun case in the passenger seat of the vehicle and a box of ammunition in the center console of the vehicle. Investigators also found a receipt for the Sig Sauer handgun from a pawn shop and a receipt from a convenience store in the vehicle. Both receipts were dated for same day of Miller’s death (April 27, 2024).

Law enforcement continued the search and E911 received a call from an individual who stated that a body was located in the water. Law Enforcement responded to the location and contacted the North Carolina Medical Examiner’s Office upon locating the deceased. The victim was identified as Mica Miller.

A Sig Sauer 9mm handgun was located in the water at the crime scene during the search of the area. The serial number on the weapon matched the gun box that was found in Miller’s Honda Accord.
Did you happen to have a link for this ?
Thanks in advance.

I believe that Mica being found in water is symbolic. She was excited to recently be baptized in the ocean, stating that her first baptism, several years ago, didn't feel right. I believe this was her symbolically saying that she was ready to go home. RIP sweet Mica. You are more alive now than you have ever been. You will always be remembered by those whose lives you touched, including thousands who have never even met you. What took you to the dreadful decision you chose will be remembered too, and courts in South Carolina are nobody's final judge. Rest easy, and know you were loved. JMO

Last edited:
He needs to quit speaking about their personal life to the congregation

Oh, I think he should lay it all out there. Tell the congregation about how he slashed his wife's tires, how he stalked her and erased her phone. Tell about how she had to go into hiding and finally she served him with divorce papers. Tell them about his extra marital liaisons, and how his abuse lead to her death.

Except he won't. Surely he'll speak only of an alternate reality.

I believe that Mica being found in water is symbolic. She was recently baptised in the ocean, stating that her first baptism didn't feel right. I believe this was her symbolically saying that she was ready to go home. RIP sweet Mica. You are more alive now than you have ever been. You will always be remembered by those whose lives you touched, including thousands who have never even met you. What took you to the dreadful decision you chose will be remembered too, and courts in South Carolina are nobody's final judge. Rest easy, and know you were loved. JMO

That brought tears to my eyes. I didn't make that association with the water, but I can eympathize with her desire to just go Home.

“Relatives of the 30-year-old Myrtle Beach woman were given the information during a meeting with Sheriff Burnis Wilkins and other investigators.”

“Miller’s estranged husband, John-Paul, was invited to attend Tuesday’s meeting, but declined. His attorneys requested North Carolina officials deliver news of their findings to him at his Horry County home.”

I believe that Mica being found in water is symbolic. She was recently baptised in the ocean, stating that her first baptism didn't feel right. I believe this was her symbolically saying that she was ready to go home. RIP sweet Mica. You are more alive now than you have ever been. You will always be remembered by those whose lives you touched, including thousands who have never even met you. What took you to the dreadful decision you chose will be remembered too, and courts in South Carolina are nobody's final judge. Rest easy, and know you were loved. JMO
I was thinking the same thing regarding being found in the water and Baptism. Wasn't there a picture of Mica with wet hair after her recent Baptism?

The 9-1-1 call should not be made available to anyone but members of her immediate family that may ask to hear it. Anyone posting it for the public to hear is just looking for clicks, and they will not get one from me. JMO

I'm shocked they are releasing it. I think the breakdown of her movements that day and a description of what she said is quite enough, especially if the family members heard it. Seems like a hasty decision they may regret someday!

“Relatives of the 30-year-old Myrtle Beach woman were given the information during a meeting with Sheriff Burnis Wilkins and other investigators.”

Miller’s estranged husband, John-Paul, was invited to attend Tuesday’s meeting, but declined. His attorneys requested North Carolina officials deliver news of their findings to him at his Horry County home.”

What a coward guy.

I'm shocked they are releasing it. I think the breakdown of her movements that day and a description of what she said is quite enough, especially if the family members heard it. Seems like a hasty decision they may regret someday!
I think it's possible the decision to release it was based on the rampant social media rumors and gossip.
I can't say for sure of course, and don't plan to listen to it.
I agree with you though, the description of her movements that day was more than enough.

I think it's possible the decision to release it was based on the rampant social media rumors and gossip.
I can't say for sure of course, and don't plan to listen to it.
I agree with you though, the description of her movements that day was more than enough.

I can't even find it

official media release from RCSO…
(including photos/stills)

“On Tuesday, May 7, 2024, Sheriff Burnis Wilkins, Investigators, and the Medical Examiner met with the parents and immediate family members of Mica Miller. John Paul Miller was given the opportunity to attend a separate meeting and Miller indicated through his attorney that he would not come to North Carolina to meet with the Investigators.”

RBBM

Last edited:
At this point, I think it is more likely that it was a murder.
I am not ruling out an "encouraged" suicide, nor even just a suicide (it was a tough spot and she had a history), but for now, murder is at the top of my list. I do think that's statistically more likely, considering several aspects of the circumstances, even if we refrain from over-analysing body language and such.

As for the timeline, reading between the lines implies that he was older than mid-20s in 2006. Mica was born in 1994 and was about 12 in 2006. So If they "became friends" three years later when she was 15, then he must have been in his 30s at that time - unsure if late-, mid or early 30s, <modsnip> Not looking good.

It also caught my eye that of all the abuse types, sexual abuse was the first she mentioned in her speech (1:15) and I would not say that this is the order people usually list these. And then we have the slightly surprising "taking illegal drugs" (but imo this looked like it was aimed at reassuring someone else that would be listening, e.g more likely referred to what someone else confessed - but that's just a gut feeling from the body language that is more pronounced for this part). All in all, I don't doubt that she at the very least had experienced some type of abuse herself.
I’m way behind as you can see. But other than his statements in the YouTube video of him announcing her death, is it supported that Mica had a history of suicidal ideation or mental illness?

ETA: Ah. I see there was an indication.

official media release from RCSO…
(including photos/stills)

“On Tuesday, May 7, 2024, Sheriff Burnis Wilkins, Investigators, and the Medical Examiner met with the parents and immediate family members of Mica Miller. John Paul Miller was given the opportunity to attend a separate meeting and Miller indicated through his attorney that he would not come to North Carolina to meet with the Investigators.”

RBBM

He wants to be told at his house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members