SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
official media release from RCSO…
(including photos/stills)

“On Tuesday, May 7, 2024, Sheriff Burnis Wilkins, Investigators, and the Medical Examiner met with the parents and immediate family members of Mica Miller. John Paul Miller was given the opportunity to attend a separate meeting and Miller indicated through his attorney that he would not come to North Carolina to meet with the Investigators.”

RBBM

The photos are heartbreaking. :(

Cody Alcorn

4 m ·
Mica Miller | Case Update

Robeson County Sheriff’s Office :

A death investigation that has tugged on the hearts of people across the nation has been ruled a suicide. The decision was based on surveillance footage, interviews, physical evidence, and the examination of the North Carolina Medical Examiner’s Office.

On Saturday, April 27, 2024, at approximately 2:54 pm, Robeson County E911 Communications Center received a 911 call from a female. The caller asked the dispatcher if her phone could be located because she was going to kill herself and wanted her family to be able to find her body. During the conversation with the dispatcher, the caller hung up the phone and the dispatcher was unable to contact the caller. The dispatcher was able to find the location of the caller and dispatched a Deputy to the location.

The deputies contacted the Lumber River State Park Superintendent upon their arrival at Lumber River State Park in Orrum, NC. The Deputies and State Park Rangers conducted a search of the area for the victim. The search was aided by a Robeson County Sheriff’s Office drone.

During the investigation, a black Honda Accord with a South Carolina registration was located in the parking lot at the State Park. The investigators confirmed that the vehicle belonged to Mica Miller, 30, of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Investigators located an Sig Sauer gun case in the passenger seat of the vehicle and a box of ammunition in the center console of the vehicle.

Investigators also found a receipt for the Sig Sauer handgun from a pawn shop and a receipt from a convenience store in the vehicle. Both receipts were dated for same day of Miller’s death (April 27, 2024).

During the search of the park for the 911 caller, investigators were approached by an individual who had found a bag near the water edge with an identification belonging to Miller. The individual stated that he heard someone crying and a gunshot while he was fishing.

Law enforcement continued the search and E911 received a call from an individual who stated that a body was located in the water. Law Enforcement responded to the location and contacted the North Carolina Medical Examiner’s Office upon locating the deceased. The victim was identified as Mica Miller.

A Sig Sauer 9mm handgun was located in the water at the crime scene during the search of the area. The serial number on the weapon matched the gun box that was found in Miller’s Honda Accord.

During the investigation, Miller’s phone and other personal belongings were located. A search of Miller’s phone revealed that she conducted a Google search for “national parks near me” and the Lumber River State Park location was provided.

The investigation also revealed that Miller and her estranged husband (John Paul Miller) had been separated and were involved in the legal system. This information led to the investigators confirming the whereabouts of Miller and a female that he is allegedly romantically involved with. Investigators were able to confirm that both individuals were not in North Carolina on the night before and the day of the Miller’s death.

Investigators learned through interviews that John Paul Miller was at an athletic event in Charleston on the day of Mica Miller’s death. John Miller’s vehicle was observed traveling on Hwy 17 Bypass, in Horry County at 2:22 pm on April 27, 2024.

The investigation confirmed that John Miller was accompanied while traveling to and from the event in Charleston, SC.

Investigators conducted several interviews and developed a timeline of events in relation to Miller’s death on April 24, 2024:

11:00 am Miller was observed on her ring camera arriving at her residence on Margarita Dr., Myrtle Beach, SC.

11:38 am Miller was observed on her ring camera leaving her residence

12:12 pm Miller is observed on store surveillance walking into Dick’s Pawn Shop which is located at 1852 Mr. Joe White Ave. Myrtle Beach, SC

12:13 pm Miller is observed at the register and initiates the purchase of a weapon.

12:34 pm Miller is observed leaving Dick’s Pawn shop after purchasing a weapon and ammunition

1:06 pm Miller’s black Honda Accord is observed traveling on Hwy 501 near Four Mile Rd., Conway, South Carolina

1:27 pm Miller’s black Honda Accord is observed arriving at 41 Grocery and Grill which is located at 41 SC-41, Mullins SC

1:35 pm Miller is observed leaving the store after purchasing a drink and gas

2:54 pm Miller called Robeson County from Lumber River State Park. The Lumber River State Park is 32.7 miles (41 minutes) from 41 Grocery and Grill in Mullins via SC-9 North.

“First, let me say on behalf of the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office that our sincere condolences are being sent to the family and friends of Mica Miller,” says Sheriff Burnis Wilkins.

“This incident has garnered much attention from across the Carolinas and beyond. I want to assure everyone that a very methodical investigation was conducted by our Criminal Investigations Team and Crime Scene Investigative Team.

Unfortunately, rumors and conspiracy theories were spreading quickly, and assumptions were being made. However, in the end, we must make decisions based on the facts, and evidence that has been gathered. While I know it’s not what many people wanted to hear, the evidence is quite clear and compelling, and we are as saddened as anyone that this occurred. There are many factors that we have reviewed that occurred over an extended period of time that are probably related to the reason for this investigation, but in the end, sadly, a tragic decision was made by Mica that ended her life.”

From your link -
The investigation also revealed that Miller and her estranged husband (John Paul Miller) had been separated and were involved in the legal system. This information led to the investigators confirming the whereabouts of Miller and a female that he is allegedly romantically involved with. Investigators were able to confirm that both individuals were not in North Carolina on the night before and the day of the Miller’s death.

He called her his wife. He was with his paramour while his wife harmed herself! Why on earth did he write her obituary?

Cody Alcorn

4 m ·
Mica Miller | Case Update

Robeson County Sheriff’s Office :

A death investigation that has tugged on the hearts of people across the nation has been ruled a suicide. The decision was based on surveillance footage, interviews, physical evidence, and the examination of the North Carolina Medical Examiner’s Office.

On Saturday, April 27, 2024, at approximately 2:54 pm, Robeson County E911 Communications Center received a 911 call from a female. The caller asked the dispatcher if her phone could be located because she was going to kill herself and wanted her family to be able to find her body. During the conversation with the dispatcher, the caller hung up the phone and the dispatcher was unable to contact the caller. The dispatcher was able to find the location of the caller and dispatched a Deputy to the location.

The deputies contacted the Lumber River State Park Superintendent upon their arrival at Lumber River State Park in Orrum, NC. The Deputies and State Park Rangers conducted a search of the area for the victim. The search was aided by a Robeson County Sheriff’s Office drone.

During the investigation, a black Honda Accord with a South Carolina registration was located in the parking lot at the State Park. The investigators confirmed that the vehicle belonged to Mica Miller, 30, of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

Investigators located an Sig Sauer gun case in the passenger seat of the vehicle and a box of ammunition in the center console of the vehicle.

Investigators also found a receipt for the Sig Sauer handgun from a pawn shop and a receipt from a convenience store in the vehicle. Both receipts were dated for same day of Miller’s death (April 27, 2024).

During the search of the park for the 911 caller, investigators were approached by an individual who had found a bag near the water edge with an identification belonging to Miller. The individual stated that he heard someone crying and a gunshot while he was fishing.

Law enforcement continued the search and E911 received a call from an individual who stated that a body was located in the water. Law Enforcement responded to the location and contacted the North Carolina Medical Examiner’s Office upon locating the deceased. The victim was identified as Mica Miller.

A Sig Sauer 9mm handgun was located in the water at the crime scene during the search of the area. The serial number on the weapon matched the gun box that was found in Miller’s Honda Accord.

During the investigation, Miller’s phone and other personal belongings were located. A search of Miller’s phone revealed that she conducted a Google search for “national parks near me” and the Lumber River State Park location was provided.

Investigators learned through interviews that John Paul Miller was at an athletic event in Charleston on the day of Mica Miller’s death. John Miller’s vehicle was observed traveling on Hwy 17 Bypass, in Horry County at 2:22 pm on April 27, 2024.

The investigation confirmed that John Miller was accompanied while traveling to and from the event in Charleston, SC.

Investigators conducted several interviews and developed a timeline of events in relation to Miller’s death on April 24, 2024:

11:00 am Miller was observed on her ring camera arriving at her residence on Margarita Dr., Myrtle Beach, SC.

11:38 am Miller was observed on her ring camera leaving her residence

12:12 pm Miller is observed on store surveillance walking into Dick’s Pawn Shop which is located at 1852 Mr. Joe White Ave. Myrtle Beach, SC

12:13 pm Miller is observed at the register and initiates the purchase of a weapon.

12:34 pm Miller is observed leaving Dick’s Pawn shop after purchasing a weapon and ammunition

1:06 pm Miller’s black Honda Accord is observed traveling on Hwy 501 near Four Mile Rd., Conway, South Carolina

1:27 pm Miller’s black Honda Accord is observed arriving at 41 Grocery and Grill which is located at 41 SC-41, Mullins SC

1:35 pm Miller is observed leaving the store after purchasing a drink and gas

2:54 pm Miller called Robeson County from Lumber River State Park. The Lumber River State Park is 32.7 miles (41 minutes) from 41 Grocery and Grill in Mullins via SC-9 North.

“First, let me say on behalf of the Robeson County Sheriff’s Office that our sincere condolences are being sent to the family and friends of Mica Miller,” says Sheriff Burnis Wilkins.

“This incident has garnered much attention from across the Carolinas and beyond. I want to assure everyone that a very methodical investigation was conducted by our Criminal Investigations Team and Crime Scene Investigative Team.

Unfortunately, rumors and conspiracy theories were spreading quickly, and assumptions were being made. However, in the end, we must make decisions based on the facts, and evidence that has been gathered. While I know it’s not what many people wanted to hear, the evidence is quite clear and compelling, and we are as saddened as anyone that this occurred. There are many factors that we have reviewed that occurred over an extended period of time that are probably related to the reason for this investigation, but in the end, sadly, a tragic decision was made by Mica that ended her life.”

Like many, I jumped to a different scenario. For her family’s sake it’s a good thing she called 911 because many would still probably not belief she took her own life, even with the surveillance footage, etc.

When I saw her last couple FB posts I thought, “Hmm. These posts could play into the theory someone who wants her death to her be considered suicide.”

Her posts on April 8 and 9th in particular. But I quickly shoved that aside and looked in another direction. It seemed so obvious!

Thankfully, LE always has much more info than us- the judgmental public.

“On Tuesday, May 7, 2024, Sheriff Burnis Wilkins, Investigators, and the Medical Examiner met with the parents and immediate family members of Mica Miller. John Paul Miller was given the opportunity to attend a separate meeting and Miller indicated through his attorney that he would not come to North Carolina to meet with the Investigators.”

RBBM
Didn't even care enough to drive an hour to get the news. I guess he already knew everything that he wanted to know. No need to miss lunch at Hooters. JMO

Last edited:
I feel absolutely gutted. We did not know Mica personally, yet many of us have been affected by this tragedy. I for one will remember her. Wishing her peace and freedom now. My heartfelt condolences to her family and all who loved her.

I feel absolutely gutted. We did not know Mica personally, yet many of us have been affected by this tragedy. I for one will remember her. Wishing her peace and freedom now. My heartfelt condolences to her family and all who loved her.
I just said the same thing. I cannot remember the last time that I followed a case here, that didn't involve children, that has left me feeling so sad and helpless. This just cannot be the end of it all, or her death will have been in vain. JMO

In Case #F345875, Case Status Pardoned, when you click on the link to the case number, does anyone know why, across from his name, under Party Type, it shows "Alias" ??
Hard to tell for sure, but from some poking around online (sources: 1, 2, 3) I think it may just be so that other known names could be included with the case file for future reference--if, for example, he sometimes went by JP Miller or a street name, they'd want to be able to identify him by that as well in the records. That doesn't make 100% sense to me with the way the data is formatted (ie. what is the actual alias?), but I think that's all it is.

The main thing I take away from JPM referring to his wife as the "First Lady" is that he doesn't want people to confuse her with his second lady, or any subsequent ones that may catch his eye. JMO
There are churches in GA that use this reference to the Pastor's wife. I have heard of it many times.

Interesting that MM and gun were found in the water.

Investigators located a Sig Sauer gun case in the passenger seat of the vehicle and a box of ammunition in the center console of the vehicle. Investigators also found a receipt for the Sig Sauer handgun from a pawn shop and a receipt from a convenience store in the vehicle. Both receipts were dated for same day of Miller’s death (April 27, 2024).

That is interesting, that she was found in the water, as was the gun and her bag. (bag was at the water's edge.)

I think the Catholic church uses a term 'licit' to describe practices that are permissible- and thus not condemned. But... they are not exactly extolled either.

I am thinking that Baptists would probably apply the 'licit' idea to the "First Lady" title: Its permissible and there is nothing inherently wrong with it. But.... the practice is not encouraged.
It is certainly used in some of the GA churches.

That is interesting, that she was found in the water, as was the gun and her bag. (bag was at the water's edge.)
I thought the bag was picked up by the fisherman along with her cell and sunglasses. He was going to take them back to his boat with him.

I just said the same thing. I cannot remember the last time that I followed a case here, that didn't involve children, that has left me feeling so sad and helpless. This just cannot be the end of it all, or her death will have been in vain. JMO
Ditto
And I can't even follow cases where children are violated , anymore.

I just have a hard time believing that a man of God would be capable of doing anything to harm anybody, let alone his wife. I think this is just going to be a sad case of a mental health struggle.
Hahaha! This “man of God” committed adultery, has been convicted of assault, etc. Men of God commit murder all the time.

<modsnip> This woman was groomed and then tortured for years. Even if she pulled the trigger, (I don't believe that for a second) JP is to blame for her death. <modsnip> There is one very clear victim here. I believe Mica's family has stated that she wasn't bipolar or schizophrenic. MOO
HOw did he get away with having her committed I think twice?!!!!! He must have had a lot of dirt on a lot of folks in that county. I have a feeling the rights of women, children and elderly are possibly being abused there. SMH

I don't think it is affiliated with anything or governed by anything other than their established doctrine and rules nor do I think that the pastor has any formal theological or ministry training from an accredited school.

That was my takeaway from the former website.

JMO
A cult.

RBBM
Interesting that JPM has retained an attorney.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members