SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just said the same thing. I cannot remember the last time that I followed a case here, that didn't involve children, that has left me feeling so sad and helpless. This just cannot be the end of it all, or her death will have been in vain. JMO
I hope the jerk who convinced her to kill herself will be facing criminal charges.

JMO

I'll still sit on my hands for awhile. He may not have pulled the trigger but he is in no way an innocent party in all this. Telling her business and the way he has disparaged her... I hope she is at peace and his life is laid bare and judged for all to see. Sadly I think his 'followers' are sheep and will martyr him now.

I'll still sit on my hands for awhile. He may not have pulled the trigger but he is in no way an innocent party in all this. Telling her business and the way he has disparaged her... I hope she is at peace and his life is laid bare and judged for all to see. Sadly I think his 'followers' are sheep and will martyr him now.
My guess is he will be back in the pulpit within a month, if not sooner, crying that he has been crucified in the press and social media, and how Satan is trying to take him down, and his followers will be there for every word, wrapping arms around him. Some will leave, but he rebuilt a church once, he will do it again, if he has to. May have to change the name on the sign, but people like him are teflon. Nothing sticks to them. JMO

Last edited:
Interesting that JPM has retained an attorney.

JMO
Since it looks like what it most likely was -- a suicide, why would he need one ?
The divorce will not happen, and as he was still married to Mica at the time of her death --all of her assets would be his.
Unless there's another cause for JPM to be alarmed ?
The family of Mica may file a civil suit, so maybe that's the reason he's hired a lawyer.
Omo.

Eta : It IS interesting. Makes one wonder about the reason for taking this action.
Speculating ... possible having to do with financial reason in relation to the church ?

Last edited:
What time was she due at her work place? Was she dressed in her work clothes?
She was dressed in all black, which is what some servers wear, so maybe? And her hair was French braided, also a common style for waitresses.
My guess is he will be back in the pulpit within a month, if not sooner, crying that he has been crucified in the press and social media, and his followers will be there for every word, wrapping arms around him. Some will leave, but he rebuilt a church once, he will do it again. May have to change the name on the sign, but people like him are teflon. Nothing sticks to them. JMO
Totally agree. His focus will be on his persecution, how the enemy is really trying to get to him but he'll remain faithful, blah blah blah.

Since it looks like what it most likely was -- a suicide, why would he need one ?
The divorce will not happen, and as he was still married to Mica at the time of her death --all of her assets would be his.
The family of Mica may file a civil suit,so maybe that's the reason he's hired a lawyer.
Omo.
South Carolina has some interesting provisions for separated people who die during a potential divorce - her sister has filed an affidavit which was posted upthread.

This really needs repeating:
Posted earlier by @imstilla.grandma

"
Because Mica Miller’s divorce papers were filed prior to her death, the portion of the divorce seeking equitable division of assets – basically the individual’s share of the marital estate – survives even if the individual dies. That means Mica’s estate can seek to recover that portion of the marital estate so long as a claim has been filed.

The memorandum in support of installing Mica Miller’s sister as administrator pointed out “it would be impractical for Mr. Miller to be appointed as special administrator, or personal representative, of (Mica’s) estate as he has a pecuniary interest in the outcome of such a claim regarding the marital estate.”

“It is prudent for a third-party to be appointed for this purpose to ensure that the results are equitable to those involved,” the memo added.

The affidavits from Mica’s sister and brother go into further detail about what the young wife was experiencing in the weeks and days leading up to her death. In her affidavit, Mica’s sister — who said she spoke to Mica “every few days” and texted with her daily — stated Mica “expressed the abuse and violence against her by her husband to others, including family members and members of the church congregation.”

According to her sister, when Mica was discharged from the facility – unbeknownst to her – JP Miller had moved her belongings out of the house and all of the evidence she had gathered was “removed from her phone, personal laptop, vehicle and purse and never recovered.”

Mica was further unable to access her email, iCloud or Facebook account following this admission, according to her sister. Additionally, JP Miller allegedly continued to use at least one of her accounts – causing any recipient who received messages from it to believe they were sent by Mica.

Mica’s sister says in the weeks leading up to her death, she was very hopeful about her future – but had expressed fear that “she would not make it to the divorce and that her life would be taken from her.”

I heard the 911 call, she sounded so calm. Poor girl, I hope she finally got the peace she was looking for. Didn't the 911 alert anyone to go to that location ASAP?
I think the 911 operator could have/ should have handled that a little differently. Mica said she was going to kill herself and the operator said she wanted to make sure she had the location correct. She should have went into negotiation mode and tried to keep Mica talking and convinced her she didn't want to do that, ect. Instead there was a long period of silence and Mica hung up.

JMO

I'm still trying to figure out where the " grooming " claim came from?

Just my opinion, but I think many factors come into play here that may distinguish between grooming, or instead a healthy Sunday school teacher relationship.

Was Mica just one more kid in his class? Or did he pay her extra attention, did he ask her to wait after class without others around? Did he buy her things? Did he tell her to keep anything secret? Did he talk to her only about the Bible or did he tell her inappropriate things, like how pretty she was?

Clearly she caught his eye later when she was also married, but we don’t know when that seed was planted.

Maybe her family knows the answers.

I taught 8th grade for 25 years, so most of my adult life was spent with 13 and 14-year olds, and the occasional 15-year old.

Kids used to ask me to attend their basketball games after school, or softball games, or various other activities.

I would not do that unless I had a note from their parents saying that they wanted me to do so, and I’d rather sit with the parents when I was cheering for them.

Even in school, if we needed to talk to a student privately, we kept our door open and if it was a major issue we would have the guidance counselor or assistant principal with us.

So I am judgmental when anyone with authority over children does not take steps to assure propriety.

IMO and IME.

I guess she didn't leave a note or letter?
I don’t think we, the public, will know for certain. RCSO certainly shared a lot more info than we were entitled to. So you would think, if there was a note it would have been mentioned. But possibly not. Perhaps there was, and her family requested discretion in that case.

I'm still trying to figure out where the " grooming " claim came from?
The grooming claim came from the fact that he, a 28 year old in a position of power (youth pastor) was “friends” with a 14 year old. He eventually married her. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out what was happening. Grown men are not “friends” with young teenagers. This is textbook grooming.

I think the 911 operator could have/ should have handled that a little differently. Mica said she was going to kill herself and the operator said she wanted to make sure she had the location correct. She should have went into negotiation mode and tried to keep Mica talking and convinced her she didn't want to do that, ect. Instead there was a long period of silence and Mica hung up.

JMO
OH MY GOODNESS THAT IS so bad.

The family of Mica may file a civil suit,so maybe that's the reason he's hired a lawyer.
Omo.
I think JPM is worried he is going to be charged with involuntary manslaughter.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member