SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bbm.
It sounds from this link he wants to be transparent, so there's that ?
Actions do speak louder than words, though.
Omo.

Miller said he is glad that the sheriff’s department is investigating his wife’s death.

“I want them to find out every detail,” Miller said. “I want to know everything, every detail.”
This article just looks like bits and bobs gleaned from other media outlets, and not even correctly. For example…

“He was told that Mica had purchased a gun and drove two hours to Lumber River State Park in Lumberton, North Carolina, where she was found in her vehicle by a kayaker, Miller said May 3, 2024.”

I don’t think so. MOO.

I'm still trying to figure out where the " grooming " claim came from?
I believe it was her friends and family who have mentioned it. Those that knew her then and maybe saw it all. Even if she married someone else a 18, that doesn't mean this other grown adult man who was in a leadership role working with the youth was not grooming her. I think some have seen that she was married at 18 and somehow that means she was not being groomed by this other man. Perhaps the marriage to someone was to run from what she knew was not okay since JP was married.. then at some point things did happen and we know they divorced their spouses and married each other. Just from what we've seen of him in his statements and actions that are publicly known, he is a predator and manipulator for sure.

Bbm.
It sounds from this link he wants to be transparent, so there's that ?
Actions do speak louder than words, though.
Omo.

Miller said he is glad that the sheriff’s department is investigating his wife’s death.

“I want them to find out every detail,” Miller said. “I want to know everything, every detail.”
He needs to be cut out of any more communications with LE, he doesn't deserve to know one more thing or detail about Mica. She clearly didn't want him in her life and was doing all she could to get away from him!

I look forward to her family's next move. #JusticeforMica

OH MY GOODNESS THAT IS so bad.
I didn't hear it that way. The moment she said what she intended to do, as I recall, the operator's tone changed to very empathetic and soft and she said, "okay ma'am. Just [indecipherable. Sounded like she was trying to locate her]. Just give me a minute." End of call. I think Mica hung up in order to avoid the operator being able to get officers to her. There was only one second between the operator's words and the end of the call.

I feel for the people who were inadvertently involved in Mica's suicide, such as the person who sold her the gun, the gas station and grocery store employees were she stopped on the way to the park, the 911 dispatcher, LE who were inolved in the search and that found Mica, and the fisherman and other individuals who were at the state park on that Saturday afternoon.
I am curious if it's this simple/common for a person to walk into a pawn shop and buy a hand gun. I don't want this to be a debate about gun policy, I simply noted that in the timeline she was able to walk in and buy one in 20 minutes and be on her way. So if her intent all along was to do this, then how did she know she could count on being able to walk in and buy a gun and walk out same day? I know background checks usually get run and a waiting period is sometimes required, but it was as if she was out at Walmart getting an a kitchen gadget and just walked out. I really was surprised by this and in order for this plan of hers to work she would have had to know she could do this without being questioned at all??

Edited to add one more thought. I see a girl smiling in the pawn shop. One that is maybe happy to buy a firearm to help her feel safe because she's been followed, tires slashed and a tracking device.. she's been hiding from her husband. I understand what the police have said, but man it just does not add up.

I didn't hear it that way. The moment she said what she intended to do, as I recall, the operator's tone changed to very empathetic and soft and she said, "okay ma'am. Just [indecipherable. Sounded like she was trying to locate her]. Just give me a minute." End of call. I think Mica hung up in order to avoid the operator being able to get officers to her. There was only one second between the operator's words and the end of the call.
Agree.

I have compassion for the 911 operator. What an incredibly difficult job, and probably one that is also difficult to fill.

Even with training, it is difficult to remain calm (which she did) and act decisively in this type of situation. I thought the operator showed compassion. And I think her tactic was aimed at keep ping MM on the line. Yes, there were probably better ways to do so, but I think she did the best she could. Maybe she doesn’t have much experience yet, everyone who does that job has a first day and a first time.

MOO

I am curious if it's this simple/common for a person to walk into a pawn shop and buy a hand gun. I don't want this to be a debate about gun policy, I simply noted that in the timeline she was able to walk in and buy one in 20 minutes and be on her way. So if her intent all along was to do this, then how did she know she could count on being able to walk in and buy a gun and walk out same day? I know background checks usually get run and a waiting period is sometimes required, but it was as if she was out at Walmart getting an a kitchen gadget and just walked out. I really was surprised by this and in order for this plan of hers to work she would have had to know she could do this without being questioned at all??

Edited to add one more thought. I see a girl smiling in the pawn shop. One that is maybe happy to buy a firearm to help her feel safe because she's been followed, tires slashed and a tracking device.. she's been hiding from her husband. I understand what the police have said, but man it just does not add up.

I think the only reason why she bought the gun was to kill herself. Imo

<snipped for focus>

I think she may have been smiling while in conversation with the store employee, perhaps just in polite response to the banter when buying and paying for the gun. JMO.

April 27: Mica Miller's whereabouts

2:54 p.m.

• 911 call was made from an 843-area code number
  • Mica Miller asked if her phone could be located and then "threatened suicide"
  • Mica hung up the phone before further information could be gathered by dispatch
  • The telecommunicator tried to call Mica back multiple times and was unable to make contact
3:03 p.m. - Robeson County deputies were dispatched to the Lumber River State Park for a well-being check and to attempt to locate Mica

3:05 p.m. - Contact was made with the Lumber River State Park superintendent

3:20 p.m. - Deputies request phone ping

3:31 p.m. - Deputies arrive at Lumber River State Park and begin the search with State Park rangers

3:33 p.m. - Robeson County Sheriff's Office; Aviation Division; Air3 sUAV drone were dispatched to Lumber River State Park

3:42 p.m. - Telecommunicator contacted Verizon to request an updated location ping

3:50 p.m. - Detectives with Air3 sUAV arrived at Lumber River State Park

While conducting an aerial search, detectives were approached by a person who said he found a bag while fishing with Mica's ID inside. Detectives took possession of the bag. The Robeson County Sheriff's Office findings said this person heard crying while fishing and then a gunshot. The person stated he went further into the slough where he found the bag about two feet from the water's edge.

4:23 p.m.
  • An individual contacted Robeson County 911 and said he located a body in the water. He had been fishing on his kayak when he found the body.
  • Searching deputies secured the area for an investigation.
5:30 p.m. - Chief of Detectives for RCSO arrives at the incident location

5:54 p.m.
  • Detectives and RCSO arrive at the incident location
  • The medical examiner was contacted and requested
  • CSI technician photographed the area of investigation to include the vehicle belonging to Mica Miller. Items of evidence were collected from her car and the incident location.
7:11 p.m. - Firearm is located in the water

Hey Everyone,
We are closing the discussion now and will shortly pull the thread from view.
It has been reported that Mica did kill herself.
My heart breaks for Mica and her loved ones.
Tricia

Background checks usually take a couple minutes but can take a couple days. I found this interesting tidbit: "Federal law also generally prohibits people from possessing firearms if they have been involuntarily hospitalized or committed to a mental health or substance abuse treatment facility by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority." Giffords
I wonder what constitutes "other lawful authority".

I have seen nothing to indicate that we cannot, so I am assuming we still can sleuth JPM..

According to Mica's father, JPM exaggerated a lot of things, and made up things , so that he could get Mica hospitalized, and he also allegedly showed Mica a fake document stating that in addition to JPM, her dad and brother also had POA, and could get her out.

Last edited:
"The Robeson County Sheriff's Office has been in contact with the United States Attorney's Office and Federal Bureau of Investigation in South Carolina since the early stages of the Mica Miller investigation," the Sheriff's Office said in a statement, local news station WPDE reported. "Based on the information gathered during the investigation and jurisdiction reasons, the Sheriff's Office has requested the assistance of both agencies. No other information will be released at this time."

A spokesperson for the FBI office in Columbia told Newsweek: "I can confirm that we have been in communication with the Sheriff's Office, but I cannot offer additional details."

Bizzare eulogy at the link below.

More than a month before authorities said Miller died on April 27 by suicide in Robeson County, police reports obtained by News13 show four different instances in which GPS tracking devices were reported to have been found on vehicles linked to her.
(…)
I even hired PI to put trackers on her car to know if she was going to a gun store,” John-Paul told NewsNation. “I have never once in my entire life ever hurt her in any way. Ever.”

John-Paul also admitted in an email exclusively obtained by NewsNation to posting a topless photo of Mica online.

“I’m sorry for putting a picture of you on the internet,” the email reads. “It was for less than one hour and immediately taken town. I was hurt that you are telling everyone horrible intimate details of my past sin, and I just wanted to try and hurt you. Please forgive me. It was evil of me to do that.
(…)
Mica also accused John-Paul in a police report filed Feb. 21 of “grooming” her for years before their marriage, a claim vehemently denied by John-Paul’s attorney Russell Long in an email to media outlets that threatened legal action over the coverage of Mica’s death.

Before the thread closed previously, we had learned that JPM had been released from ministerial duties at Solid Rock, but it was unclear if that meant he was terminated or just suspended. This article clears that mystery up, based on what the church "overseer" and fill-in pastor said on Sunday.

Reverend Charles Randall disputed reports he fired Miller as Solid Rock's pastor, insisting he just benched him so he could heal.

'I have released him from ministerial functions for a minute to get some healing, and some counselling and some guidance. You can't go through these things like this and just step right back to same day,' he said during a sermon on Sunday.

'He is grieving and healing at this time. I'm in touch with Pastor Miller every day, and he's healing,' he told DailyMail.com.

Randall told the congregation that Miller is 'progressing', and that he has stepped in to help the 'born-again Christian' navigate the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xsealtm1