SC - Mica Miller, 30 yr old Found Deceased - Pastors Wife's Death Being Investigated, May 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you guys! I'm so happy that this thread is reopened. I was away when the information regarding Mica's suicide, the timeline, and all the evidence that supported it was released, and came back to find the thread completely completely gone. The cognitive dissonance with the suicide ruling I have experienced and (am still experiencing) is pretty strong. I've never felt this way about a case before. Processing that without my fellow Websleuths was lonely, y'all!

Now, despite my shock at the findings, I have to commend the sheriff for the very detailed explanation, sharing of information, timeline, and anticipating an addressing almost all the questions I had in my mind. It's hard to dispute multiple camera sightings of her alone, and all the events leading up to the end.

Is it possible that he was somehow still involved? I can't really quite think of a scenario that would make logical sense, but as many have said, even if he didn't physically pull the trigger, he might as well have.

And I will be avidly following all the developments as his dark deeds come to light. I find him an incredibly despicable and hypocritical human being, not to mention evil, in the biblical sense of the word. It's certainly not my job to judge him, but I'd be lying if I didn't have some popcorn ready and a front row seat to watching him get some earthly justice and karma!

Ugh!!! Poor Mica! It's all just so horrible what she endured! Rest in peace, beautiful lady.

1. A potential wrongful death lawsuit could be coming against Solid Rock Church.

2. Her atty said he has letters that JP wrote on church stationary in disparaging her.

3. There’s a question about whether she was appropriately paid for her time, (JP prolly jipped her).

4. JP used the Church's authority to isolate her.

5. Solid Rock Ministries controls four properties with a total taxable value of $5.59 million. That includes a 2,089-square-foot, three-bedroom, two-bathroom home along Coldwater Circle listed on court documents as John-Paul’s address. (How convenient for him.)

6. There were mounds of paperwork that were left behind by Mica or given to relatives.

7. Much to JP's disappointment, he thought that with her death, the lawsuit would die.

8. JP apologized to her in an email for slashing her tires.

When a pastor lives in a house owned by the church it’s considered a parsonage. It’s common and it’s the same premise as a priest rectory in the Catholic church.

When a pastor lives in a house owned by the church it’s considered a parsonage. It’s common and it’s the same premise as a priest rectory in the Catholic church.
At a future date, I hope to see if the transfer took place when he became a pastor, or if it was more recently, giving the air of hiding assets.
MOO

I would bet that there were a few mandated reporters in that congregation---- teacher, medical field, LE, fire/emt..... people who may argue that outside of their workplace they have no duty. But... once you recognize abuse, how could you not report it? Is there any religious reasons that one would not? Not to mention those mandated within the church. Thank goodness there is no statute of limitations. I am all for jail time for those who protect pedophiles. JMHO
We don’t have any idea what the congregation knew. Keep in mind it was stated he confessed to staff not the congregation. I prefer to give the congregation the benefit of the doubt.

Am I the only person who is tired of all of the recent 'religious' cases? What would Jesus do? I'm pretty sure it isn't what was done in this case or in other cases such as the Chad Daybell case.
I hate that people of religion look down on those of us who aren't religious. There are good and bad people in both the religious and non-religious communities. We are all humans.
I want to reach out to all of you and give you a big hug. We are all just trying to exist together as one.

But JPM actually owns the church - building and all. He *is* Solid Rock Ministries.
IMO
I don’t know all of the details but the same would apply here. Some pastors will offer it to an associate or youth pastor if they aren’t going to live there. As far as I know the terms are not mandated or spelled out in the bylaws.

Am I the only person who is tired of all of the recent 'religious' cases? What would Jesus do? I'm pretty sure it isn't what was done in this case or in other cases such as the Chad Daybell case.
I hate that people of religion look down on those of us who aren't religious. There are good and bad people in both the religious and non-religious communities. We are all humans.
I want to reach out to all of you and give you a big hug. We are all just trying to exist together as one.
I'm tired of it too, but I'm sure the victims are REALLY tired of it happening as well.

At least nowadays, when a person says they were the victim of some kind of crime in a religious setting, they're going to be more likely to be believed than they were a generation or more ago.

I’m finally caught up and really confused now. This Winslow is a lawyer and friends with JPM and helped him basically declare Mica mentally unfit and OWNS the property that backs up to where dear Mica was found? Is that right? Rule 39 comes to mind.

Evil seems to flourish in plain sight. But I am sure some people don’t or won’t or can’t even see it.

Truly honest religious people never look down on others for religious beliefs unless it’s evil.

At a future date, I hope to see if the transfer took place when he became a pastor, or if it was more recently, giving the air of hiding assets.
MOO
No need to wait. The transfer of the home to the Church is listed on the HC Accessor website. It was late last year IIRC. IMO your last sentence is correct and is even mentioned in her family’s affidavit.

No need to wait. The transfer of the home to the Church is listed on the HC Accessor website. It was late last year IIRC. IMO your last sentence is correct and is even mentioned in her family’s affidavit.
Now that you say that I do remember in the affidavit. Thanks @Knox !
It just keeps getting worse and worse....

Family of Pastor’s Dead Wife Mica Miller Break Silence: 'What Else is He Hiding?'​

Mica Miller, 30, died in a North Carolina national forest. Although the medical examiner did not rule her death a homicide, her family believes there is more to the story. They’re calling for a more thorough investigation, as more details about John-Paul Miller, her estranged husband, come to light. Law&Crime’s Jesse Weber sits down with Mica’s father, Michael Miller (Video's description is wrong. Should be Micahel Francis), and sister, Sierra Francis, to discuss where the case goes from here.

MF & SF make a lot of great points with telling information in this interview.

Last edited:

Family of Pastor’s Dead Wife Mica Miller Break Silence: 'What Else is He Hiding?'​

Mica Miller, 30, died in a North Carolina national forest. Although the medical examiner did not rule her death a homicide, her family believes there is more to the story. They’re calling for a more thorough investigation, as more details about John-Paul Miller, her estranged husband, come to light. Law&Crime’s Jesse Weber sits down with Mica’s father, Michael Miller (Video's description is wrong. Should be Micahel Francis), and sister, Sierra Francis, to discuss where the case goes from here.

MF & SF make a lot of great points with telling information in this interview.

Wow. Just ... wow. :oops:

MOO
Solid Rock Ministries also bought a plane.

News13 on Tuesday found that the organization registered a 2007 Cessna SR-22 with the FAA on May 9. It’s not clear when the aircraft was purchased, or for how much. An airplane with that make and model listed for sale on Controller.com has an asking price of $429,900.

Lost for words with all this info here - manipulation, control freakiness and all around craziness.
Very sad.
IMHO

She told police she was "involuntarily hospitalized" on February 8 and left her silver Honda Accord in the Walmart Neighborhood Market parking lot on Walton Drive, according to the incident report.
Red bolding mine.

As in, against her will.
Was she taken from the Walmart where she'd been shopping ?

There is a term for this and I think it's a '5150' hold: i.e., 5150 is the number of the section of the Welfare and Institutions Code, which allows an adult who is experiencing a mental health crisis to be involuntarily detained for a 72- hour psychiatric hospitalization when evaluated to be a danger to others, or to himself or herself, or gravely disabled.

Mica wasn't held for that long and imo she was assessed and deemed to not need the longer hospitalization time.
So what was really going on ?

This sounds like she may have been functioning alright, doing just fine --- and did not need to be hospitalized !

The May 2 affidavits filed by Sierra Francis and Nathaniel Francis, allege a pattern of abuse and harassment toward Mica by her husband, echoed in Miller’s comments to police in February.

“The CP (complainant) stated that she had been separated from her husband since January of 2023. The CP stated that she was involuntarily hospitalized … when the CP was discharged from the hospital, hospital staff informed her that her husband picked up her purse and car keys,” the report states.
News13 this week obtained court documents showing that John-Paul had power of attorney over Mica’s healthcare.

Sierra Francis said in her affidavit that her sister told her that people were following her and indicated that her husband had hired people to follow her.

This level of control is unacceptable, imo.

The links seem to indicate the hospitalizations (were there more than one ?) were unfounded, and against her wishes.
Omo.

Last edited:
Solid Rock Ministries also bought a plane.

News13 on Tuesday found that the organization registered a 2007 Cessna SR-22 with the FAA on May 9. It’s not clear when the aircraft was purchased, or for how much. An airplane with that make and model listed for sale on Controller.com has an asking price of $429,900.
News13 has done some great reporting, but the plane is a Cirrus SR-22, not a Cessna, and was initially acquired in April. Also, according to PJM, who told his members of the acquisition of the plane in one of his most recent services, and who is completely trustworthy, the plane was "gifted" to the church by a donor, so that he could conveniently fly around to neighboring states to preach, as he is in such demand. That's a helluva tax write-off for somebody, if so.

That plane could come in handy If the heat gets too warm, and he may decide to go preach elsewhere, far away. JMO

1715779810806.png

Last edited:
Ward also said that the pastor used his church to exert control over his wife, saying that he would attack her relationship with God.

"My conversations with Mica whenever she was alive tell me that this woman was brainwashed by this man."
The attorney said Mica Miller was abused "not only emotionally, financially, he abused her religiously."

It's my opinion that her belief was important to Mica and it's sad if JPM attacked that area of her life as well !
Omo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member