Searching by state

Once upon a time, you could find a post in the state that interests you then click on the orange box with the two-letter abbreviation and viola, a list of cases in that state.

I suppose that's what isn't working now?

Just tried it -- and you're right.

Hhhmm, a state search could help identify patterns....

Try the Search box, go to Advanced Search, and use the name of the state & click search thread titles.

Sort of cumbersome, but might produce what you're looking for?

jmho ymmv lrr

Once upon a time, you could find a post in the state that interests you then click on the orange box with the two-letter abbreviation and viola, a list of cases in that state.

I suppose that's what isn't working now?

Just tried it -- and you're right.

Hhhmm, a state search could help identify patterns....

Try the Search box, go to Advanced Search, and use the name of the state & click search thread titles.

Sort of cumbersome, but might produce what you're looking for?

jmho ymmv lrr

I tried that too, but I get a message that you need a longer word to search for. There's no way to search for a prefix that I can see.

I tried that too, but I get a message that you need a longer word to search for. There's no way to search for a prefix that I can see.

I tried typing the state name --whole word -- in Advanced search, titles only, and that did return multiple threads.

Hope you can find what you're looking for!

Some of the forums allow you to filter by prefix, and you can choose the state prefix. I didn't check them all, but Cold Cases, Missing Persons Discussion, and Crimes in the News all have that option.

I just tried the orange box method for Unidentified and Missing Persons Discussion and they both worked for me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back