Skinner - Verified Friend of Mark Sievers - Q & A thread

:bump:

I see Skinner dropped in tonight.

I'm sure this has been a tough time for you. Hope you're doing okay, Skinner. :)
If you're reading this, Skinner, I think most (if not all) of us empathize with you and truly care about your feelings as well. So, if or when you are up to it, we would love to hear from you!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Hi Skinner. I just got caught up on the prior 3 pgs. of this thread.

As to reconciliation: IMO there are many times when seeking reparations means leaving 'your prior victim' alone, & you moving on apart from that person. There is living amends. I myself am doing living amends with the rest of my life here on earth. I had a spiritual conversion experience, Skinner; mine was a process of so many years & happened x years back in time. I believe Jesus to be God's Son, sent here, & Jesus sure was a fine Son to His Dad ! Skinner, I tend to do Bible study apprx. 2 hrs. each morning & I really need to add that to day end as well (so that my thoughts are of what Jesus taught us, His Good News, & the prior law of the Old Test.... - you understand, I'm sure). I agree completely that, assuming Mark S is guilty, yes, of course I hope for salvation of his soul, for him to 'be saved' b4 he dies on this earth (as we all are going to die). Skinner, I suggest you pick up & read through Graham Greene's 1948 novel, The Heart of the Matter: INCREDIBLE punch line occurs at the very end of the book. I would state what that is but IMO most folks don't like to know endings (but I always do...).

You remind me, Skinner, about how it is sometimes said that 'all addicts are looking for God' - they're just looking in various incorrect directions.

We all need to have a Savior & we all need 'to serve Somebody' - all paths but Jesus, God, end in nothingness, despair, lack of purpose to life. One thunderbolt I had was reading a line in New Test., where Jesus said LISTEN TO ME ! I imagined Jesus was pulling out his hair & kinda screaming when he said that. It hit me: WOW. Either This Man was a complete lunatic & liar, OR He Spoke All Truth.

I read the other day, 'even if it should turn out to be wrong, I'd rather spend my life serving God than doing anything else in this world'.

Skinner, I also know my good faith prayers are Heard by God. I know God responds to me - it is so lovely...

Skinner, if Mark S did this, yes, I agree he's very much stumbling in the dark & I hope there is a point in his life when he realizes just what he did. At the time of the murder, if Mark S is guilty, Mark saw Teresa as an object, a thing, not a precious person. Mark S hurt so many &, if he's guilty of this, yes, he offended God.

Jesus told us: The extent to which we forgive others shall be the measure of our own forgiveness.

MS spiritual problems are his own. His earthly problems are ours to judge. And ours to apply the appropriate punishment.

MS spiritual problems are his own. His earthly problems are ours to judge. And ours to apply the appropriate punishment.

:goodpost:

Human, I searched for the "Best Post of The Day: but couldn't find it. I nominate your post for best post of the day!

Skinner, if you still read here, I wish you well through this difficult time <3.

One of the worse feelings I have ever felt in this life was betrayal. To completely believe in someone, and have that person throw everything in the wind, and betray all that you thought the friendship was based is heartwrenching. Skinner, I pray with you tonight. Your life has been altered in a way that only time, faith and God can heal. You stood up for a friend when you didn't have to, when you had nothing to gain by doing so, and yet felt the need to allow others to know the friend you knew. Thank you! Though it seems at this point that your friend used you, betrayed you, likely wouldn't have taken the same stance and stood up for you, you did it out of genuine love for your friend. I commend you.

Part of a grieving process involves denial, which comes way before acceptance. That grieving doesn't always mean grieving a death, but a huge loss. Whether a loss of a limb, loss of a way of life, loss of a life, or loss of a friend through betrayal or other means, it's still grieving.

Please take time for yourself!!! Be good to yourself!!! YOU DID NOTHING TO CAUSE THIS MURDER!!! YOU DID NOTHING TO CAUSE MS TO BE WHO HE IS! You tried steering him to the Lord, and have done your due work according to the Lord to spread His love, and His word. You planted multiple seeds. It was up to MS to tend to that seed, nurture it, allow it to grow. He CHOSE to let it die. THAT is on HIM not YOU! His actions or inactions are of no reflection of YOU!! Please believe me when I say God sees all. HE has witnessed your actions, and your strong faith in spreading HIS word! Seek his comfort during this valley and in this turmoil. He'll never forsaken you! Lean on Him. Peace be with you!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back