Spain Spain - Ana Knezevich, 40, from Florida, going through divorce, missing under suspicious circumstances on trip to Madrid, 5 Feb 2024 *Arrest*

I'm not seeing anywhere else what the charges are:

"David Knezevich is expected to make a federal court appearance in Miami, Monday afternoon."
They're saying "forced disappearance" in Spain, so I guess kidnapping is likely correct.

I'm not seeing anywhere else what the charges are:

"David Knezevich is expected to make a federal court appearance in Miami, Monday afternoon."

Near the top of the article it says that he was arrested for kidnapping.

I assumed that he was arrested and would be extradited, but this article says that he will have a bond hearing on Wednesday of this week, and that his arraignment will be held on May 20. So I assume that he is facing charges in the U.S. and this is not in relation to extradition to Spain (although that could be forthcoming later). But if the kidnapping happened in Spain, why is he facing charges here and having a bond hearing here and an arraignment here? I would have thought that he would be facing an extradition charge to Spain in relation to a kidnapping charge.

I suppose it will become more clear as the week continues, certainly at his bond hearing on Wednesday.

Near the top of the article it says that he was arrested for kidnapping.

I assumed that he was arrested and would be extradited, but this article says that he will have a bond hearing on Wednesday of this week, and that his arraignment will be held on May 20. So I assume that he is facing charges in the U.S. and this is not in relation to extradition to Spain (although that could be forthcoming later). But if the kidnapping happened in Spain, why is he facing charges here and having a bond hearing here and an arraignment here? I would have thought that he would be facing an extradition charge to Spain in relation to a kidnapping charge.

I suppose it will become more clear as the week continues, certainly at his bond hearing on Wednesday.
Thanks, they updated the article after the charge was laid in court this afternoon.

JMO

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240506_192250_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240506_192250_Drive.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 103
Probably hired someone, either in Serbia, Macedonia or Kosovo. Kosovo especially is doing poorly, economically.

From the article Cedars posted up thread, sounds like he did it himself. And I'm glad because he's no criminal mastermind.

Investigators said they have proof and surveillance footage from Spain, as well as, a rental car that the husband is alleged to have rented in Serbia, which he then used to drive to Spain and allegedly commit this crime.

They said that the rental agency said the rental car had its windows tinted and plates changed when it was returned.
(...)
...the estranged husband went on a date with a Colombian woman the day after Ana’s disappearance where he asked her to translate something into “perfect Colombian.” Officials said the “something” was the text Ana allegedly sent to her friends about her spontaneous meeting with a person in Spain.
(...)
...the man tried to get a female employee to impersonate the victim and open a bank account in Ana’s name but the employee refused.
(...)
...the man involved in the spray painting has “physical characteristics that resemble those of Knezevich.”

...earlier that day in February, a nearby store’s camera captured a man “who appeared to be Knezevich purchasing the spray paint along with two rolls of duct tape.”

The AW is embedded in the article. Here is a relevant and chilling screenshot --

Wow - the person who spray-painted the cameras was seen leaving with a suitcase. Had we heard that detail before? I know people on here speculated that due to her petite size, she would be easy to put inside of a suitcase. :(

Wow - the person who spray-painted the cameras was seen leaving with a suitcase. Had we heard that detail before? I know people on here speculated that due to her petite size, she would be easy to put inside of a suitcase. :(
And that "person " looked directly into the security camera he spray painted.

We all suspected him....finally caught.

from the AW.
Seriously? No forethought?
How do you explain this David ?
Where is Ana ??

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-05-06 at 5.47.49 PM.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2024-05-06 at 5.47.49 PM.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 52
I am very glad he was arrested. I am very angry it all ever happened.
As they say, the most dangerous thing to a women is her own partner.
I might need a drink.
And a life sentence without a parole for him.
Though he would not get one in Spain, I'm afraid. Interesting how it will play out legally considering all the countries and agencies and nationalities involved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back