Spain Spain - Ana Knezevich, 40, from Florida, going through divorce, missing under suspicious circumstances on trip to Madrid, 5 Feb 2024 *Arrest*

Absolutely, @MollyHarps. I was wondering about his route back to Serbia. Obviously, the longer you keep a body in your car, the higher the risk. And even if travel across borders in and out of Spain by car is really lax in my experience, that's still a big risk. It's horrible to say but I would assume that he minimised his risk and that suitcase ended up somewhere in Spain. We know LE here was on top of which vehicle he was in (despite his best efforts) so hopefully they tracked it along the national routes to give them a good idea of a search area. Spain is a pretty big country in European terms, although its only some 40 million. There's a lot of open space, a lot national parks, remote terrain. Hopefully, given how stupid it seems he's been in other facets, he won't have done anything remarkable with that suitcase.

I'm also wondering where the suitcase came from. There was no mention of him being spotted carrying it into the apartment. So, did he use one of her own suitcases? He just banked on that being available for him?

Likewise, I believe she is in Spain. Too much of a risk to drive for so long with not only a body but stolen plates as well.

He left Ana's apartment about 10:30 IIRC, and he had a 26-27 hour drive, arriving back in Serbia on Feb 5. It took him about 2-3 days (depending on exact time) to travel from Serbia to Spain based on his departure date of Jan 30 and arrival date of Feb 2. He probably used the cover of night on Feb 2, early morning Feb 3 to dispose of her body.

He had about 4.5 hours to drive from her apartment to the border area of France and Spain (without stops). There is water and large expanses of vegetation in that area.

One thing that would impact where he might have concealed her remains is where her phone pinged when the message about going away was sent.

However, his rental car was recorded going through two toll booths on feb 2/feb 3, suggesting he was taking a direct route out of Spain and disposed of her body along the way.

NBC Article

Huh. More fool me. Somewhere way back in the beginning I dismissed his possible involvement because he'd have to be monumentally stupid to think he could do it without leaving a trail from Serbia to Spain with dozens of camera readers and border crossings.

Monumentally stupid doesn't begin to cover it :rolleyes:

Absolutely, @MollyHarps. I was wondering about his route back to Serbia. Obviously, the longer you keep a body in your car, the higher the risk. And even if travel across borders in and out of Spain by car is really lax in my experience, that's still a big risk. It's horrible to say but I would assume that he minimised his risk and that suitcase ended up somewhere in Spain. We know LE here was on top of which vehicle he was in (despite his best efforts) so hopefully they tracked it along the national routes to give them a good idea of a search area. Spain is a pretty big country in European terms, although its only some 40 million. There's a lot of open space, a lot national parks, remote terrain. Hopefully, given how stupid it seems he's been in other facets, he won't have done anything remarkable with that suitcase.

I am having certain fears regarding it. The biggest idiot was Patrick Frazee who killed his GF Kelsey Berreth. He probably made all mistakes possible (lived on a farm, so it was crude). However, one thing he managed was to destroy her body. I am afraid that DK is of PF’s material. He’ll be silent, too.

Half of me almost hopes he disposed of her somewhere in France, so more international crime in yet one more country. But, not sure.

I'm also wondering where the suitcase came from. There was no mention of him being spotted carrying it into the apartment. So, did he use one of her own suitcases? He just banked on that being available for him?

Likewise, I believe she is in Spain. Too much of a risk to drive for so long with not only a body but stolen plates as well.

He left Ana's apartment about 10:30 IIRC, and he had a 26-27 hour drive, arriving back in Serbia on Feb 5. It took him about 2-3 days (depending on exact time) to travel from Serbia to Spain based on his departure date of Jan 30 and arrival date of Feb 2. He probably used the cover of night on Feb 2, early morning Feb 3 to dispose of her body.

He had about 4.5 hours to drive from her apartment to the border area of France and Spain (without stops). There is water and large expanses of vegetation in that area.

One thing that would impact where he might have concealed her remains is where her phone pinged when the message about going away was sent.

However, his rental car was recorded going through two toll booths on feb 2/feb 3, suggesting he was taking a direct route out of Spain and disposed of her body along the way.

NBC Article
He was driving a rental. Only a matter of time IMO for LE to recover that vehicle and an equivalent Berla report. Rental agencies typically rent newer cars and likely take advantage of all tracking capabilites for their own liability and lost-vehicle recovery. IMO LE will be able to identify gaps in travel to isolate any delays where he might have stopped long enough to conceal her body. In a case in the US, LE did exactly that for a POI whose route there and back had a five minute discrepancy which led them to a narrowed area to search.

Then again a lot of time has already passed. You'd think they'd have that data by now. Maybe he utilized a practical stop (food/fuel) and took advantage of a business dumpster and any CCTV has been overwritten.

It's scary to think she wasn't even safe, countries apart. Except that he was right behind her all along. :(

Jmo

NBC Article

Maybe Google satellite images? If he did it at night, and I remember the roads from/to Madrid well, I think the car is noticeable.

Also: Gray Hughes once advertised some subscription; IMHO it was a better form of Google Images. It was when he was investigating the Delphi case, does everyone remember what I am talking about? He was able to see each car around that abandoned building at a certain time period. Hughes is bright and technologically savvy, but his shows are long, so I usually check out. He boasted that it was about $400 and in my recall it was about 2019, does anyone know what I am talking about?

For some reason I overlooked the fact that DK is being charged in federal court. I've been trying to do a little research on how federal court in the U.S. can prosecute a crime that took place in another country. So far (with, admittedly, little time to do the research), it appears that this might fall under federal law that recognizes extraterritorial jurisdiction in some cases, and possibly the murder of a U.S. citizen abroad. If that is the case, then I assume that DK will be prosecuted for kidnapping in U.S. federal court, and then possibly extradited to Spain if he faces additional charges in Spain. I am just speculating, IANAL.
Yes, it does happen, I guess it all depends on the circumstances, whether it's tried in the US or in the country where the crime was committed.

For example, an American who killed his American girlfriend in Panama in 2016, and immediately ran back to the US, was investigated by the FBI, and several years later arrested, convicted and sentenced to 26 years in the US (Brian Brimager)

Whereas Bruce Beresford-Redman, who killed his wife in Cancun in 2010, returned to the US, but Mexico issued the arrest warrant and extradition request, so that's why American police arrested him - on a Mexican warrant. He was sentenced to 12 years, and released after 7.5 years (plus 3 years awaiting trial) and toddled back to California to live happily ever after...(Tho Mexican jail is probably several timed worse than US prison)

JMO

Last edited:

NBC Article

Maybe Google satellite images? If he did it at night, and I remember the roads from/to Madrid well, I think the car is noticeable.

Also: Gray Hughes once advertised some subscription; IMHO it was a better form of Google Images. It was when he was investigating the Delphi case, does everyone remember what I am talking about? He was able to see each car around that abandoned building at a certain time period. Hughes is bright and technologically savvy, but his shows are long, so I usually check out. He boasted that it was about $400 and in my recall that YouTube show was about 2019, does anyone know what I am talking about?

Yes, it does happen, I guess it all depends on the circumstances, whether it's tried in the US or in the country where the crime was committed.

For example, an American who killed his American girlfriend in Panama in 2016, and immediately ran back to the US, was investigated by the FBI, and several years later arrested, convicted and sentenced to 26 years in the US (Brian Brimager)

Whereas Bruce Beresford-Redman, who killed his wife in Cancun in 2010, returned to the US, but Mexico issued the arrest warrant and extradition request, so that's why American police arrested him - on a Mexican warrant. He was sentenced to 12 years, and released after 7.5 years (plus 3 years awaiting trial) and toddled back to California to live happily ever after...(Tho Mexican jail is probably several timed worse than US prison)

JMO

Good examples. thanks.

DK is facing kidnapping charges here in the U.S. federal court, and if Spain finds enough evidence to charge him with murder in Spain, then perhaps he will be extradited to Spain to face murder charges following his prison sentence in federal prison if he is found guilty of kidnapping. Or perhaps if Spanish authorities find evidence of murder, then he will face murder charges as well here in the U.S. in federal court.

Lots still to play out, it appears.

For some reason I overlooked the fact that DK is being charged in federal court. I've been trying to do a little research on how federal court in the U.S. can prosecute a crime that took place in another country. So far (with, admittedly, little time to do the research), it appears that this might fall under federal law that recognizes extraterritorial jurisdiction in some cases, and possibly the murder of a U.S. citizen abroad. If that is the case, then I assume that DK will be prosecuted for kidnapping in U.S. federal court, and then possibly extradited to Spain if he faces additional charges in Spain. I am just speculating, IANAL.

I think they may be prosecuted for the federal crimes here and then extradited to Spain. EU is easier on crimes than US, but they have better proof of his crime, too. He shouldn’t serve two terms concurrently if it happened in two different countries. ETA: don’t wish Mexican or Colombian prison on him. Lack of freedom should be bad enough. However, DK took his wife’s life in a calculated manner, and should now be isolated from the community because he is a danger to it, especially to women.

Last edited:
I am having certain fears regarding it. The biggest idiot was Patrick Frazee who killed his GF Kelsey Berreth. He probably made all mistakes possible (lived on a farm, so it was crude). However, one thing he managed was to destroy her body. I am afraid that DK is of PF’s material. He’ll be silent, too.

Half of me almost hopes he disposed of her somewhere in France, so more international crime in yet one more country. But, not sure.

It wouldn't surprise me if that comment in the fake text, about a secret place two hours from Madrid, was him being coy about the body location.

I think they may be prosecuted for the federal crimes here and then extradited to Spain. EU is easier on crimes than US, but they have better proof of his crime, too. He shouldn’t serve two terms concurrently if it happened in two different countries. ETA: don’t wish Mexican or Colombian prison on him. Lack of freedom should be bad enough. However, DK took his wife’s life in a calculated manner, and should now be isolated from the community because he is a danger to it, especially to women.
Bolded by me.
I kind of go back and forth about that.
A harsh punishment is justified, imo -- for a man who possibly took his wife's life simply because she was trying to leave him.
Sounds so brutal and unfair.
Although they usually the sentence is served in the country it was committed in , correct ?
Omo.

The husband of Ana María Knezevich Henao, who went missing in Spain in February, was arrested by the FBI at Miami International Airport and
charged with kidnapping in connection with her disappearance.

Emphasis mine.
If LE feel she is deceased, it might be difficult to prosecute a no body case.
Not sure how that would work in Spain, though.
Omo.

The husband of Ana María Knezevich Henao, who went missing in Spain in February, was arrested by the FBI at Miami International Airport and

Emphasis mine.
Omo.
IMO, the arrest doesn't mean the end of the investigation: for example, they'll have seized his phone. Serbia may cooperate in allowing his home there to be searched. He'll be interrogated and urged to confess...

JMO

Emphasis mine.
Omo.
Excellent article there reporting on this case. Thank you for sharing it. Reviewing the article, it sure seems a good thing that the individual in Spain who had license plates stolen reported that quickly - which allowed authorities to track their placement and the vehicle which used the stolen plates! Great international detective work too! MOO

Also: Gray Hughes once advertised some subscription; IMHO it was a better form of Google Images. It was when he was investigating the Delphi case, does everyone remember what I am talking about? He was able to see each car around that abandoned building at a certain time period. Hughes is bright and technologically savvy, but his shows are long, so I usually check out. He boasted that it was about $400 and in my recall it was about 2019, does anyone know what I am talking about?

I remember google images of the different cars, I don't remember the details. I also do not have the patience to sit through any of his videos but yeah, he does find interesting stuff sometimes! Maybe you could message him and ask how he did it?

I remember google images of the different cars, I don't remember the details. I also do not have the patience to sit through any of his videos but yeah, he does find interesting stuff sometimes! Maybe you could message him and ask how he did it?
I should, thanks for giving the advise! Sad that he makes his videos so long, because his logical mind is excellent!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xsealtm1
Back