The Obscene Phone Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but the obscene phone calls had nothing to do with it. You don't execute the perfect crime -- kidnapping three women leaving little or no trace -- then call later. That notion is antithetical to the weight of the transgression -- suddenly making a mincing effort to see if the enormity of what you've just done has been discovered? I think not. All signs point to this act being executed by professional killers; phone sex as an entree to see if anybody's home? Um, no. Nobody wanted to get caught. They were in then were out, and already long gone when the crime was discovered. No playing footsie later to see if anybody knew. They didn't care if they did or not. They had served their purpose, done their deed, and won their pay. They were miles away. Their contract was fulfilled.

The Friday call was "of interest" to law enforcement.

You assume this was a contract killing of two teenagers and a hairdresser. I can't buy that.
Do you recall a quote in the N-L that SPD said they also gave misinformation to the public ? I believe i read in an earlier thread , can’t find it now .

That's a given. It could be that nearly everything was misinformation. And of course, they withheld information, as well. So from the get-go, we've been working with only what we've been told, true or not.

Withholding information, only known to a suspect , is a common technique . Putting out false info is an interesting take .

It seems like some information here isn't accurate.

The obscene phone calls were answered by Janelle Kirby. She hung up on both.

Later that day Janis (Stacy's mother) went to the house and she noticed an unheard message in the answering machine. She played it and inadvertently erased it by doing so. She described it as "a strange message" it has never been stated anywhere that she heard another obscene call (the point of those is to hear the reaction of the caller, there's no point in leaving a message) hence authorities believed the answering machine message was not linked to the previous two calls.

Nor is it stated elsewhere that it had been resting on the answering machine for days prior to discovery.

Saying she probably left several heated messages prior to visiting the house and therefore decided to erase everything is pure conjecture.

In sinthesis, the answering machine message Janis accidentally deleted has been described as "strange, and of interest to police as it may contain a clue to the case" it has never been described as obscene, like the previous two calls.

Also, I keep reading that the psychic "let's dig up the parking lot" utter nonsense originated from here, is that true? if so, what an asbolute embarrassement, it has done nothing but waste everyone's time, and derailed the investigation from more serious theories (or lack thereof).

It seems like some information here isn't accurate.
Also, I keep reading that the psychic "let's dig up the parking lot" utter nonsense originated from here, is that true? if so, what an asbolute embarrassement, it has done nothing but waste everyone's time, and derailed the investigation from more serious theories (or lack thereof).
No- that utter nonsense came from blogger Kathy Beard.

I don't give much credence to the calls, but I do think it strange for one house to get 3 obscene/prank calls in the space of three days.
It seems like someone was pranking Sherrill and/or Suzie.

I, if a cop, would seriously look into it.
But then, maybe they did and found it not related to the case...

I don't give much credence to the calls, but I do think it strange for one house to get 3 obscene/prank calls in the space of three days.
It seems like someone was pranking Sherrill and/or Suzie.

I, if a cop, would seriously look into it.
But then, maybe they did and found it not related to the case...

I have been following this group for several years ....Yesterday I came across "the first 30 days of articles of the Springfield Three in the News Leader newspaper ....I am leading up to something here ....Forgive me if this is all repetition to you but I found a couple of things that I did not know regarding Sherrill Levitt going into an Apco store around 2;15 am asking the clerk if he had seen Suzie and a dark haired girl ....According to the article not only was she seen at the Apco on Fremont St but she was seen by a man at A mart 15-20 min. from Fremont....A man said that he thought he saw SL at the Git and Go using a pay phone and the person there was driving a Mitsubishi ....All of this may have been debunked for all I know , sorry if it has been ......My thought is if these sightings are true something had to have happened for SL to be frantically searching for Suzie around 2 am , could SL have gotten a threatening or obscene phone call about Suzie to get her out of the house perhaps ? Remember , something seemed to have Suzie upset after graduation and the parties to ...Could she have called her mother and SL told her about a threatening phone call ? Suzie seemed to really want someone to spend the night with her and Stacy was the unlucky soul who agreed to ....It seems that something happened after she hung up with her friend Mary Keller at 11:30 pm ....A phone call ? .....The fact that two women out of the three who disappeared had something to happen that caused them some concern on June 7th the day they went missing ....

The A-Mart sighting of Sherill has been proved incorrect. Another woman came forward to say it was her. But didn't the clerk say the woman asked for Suzie by name???

Also, was the unheard message Janis listened to from Friday? How could that be? Sherill and Suzie were home at least some of the time on Friday and Saturday, and Sherill was on the phone Saturday night. Without noticing a message?

Was there a way to tell if it was a saved message, indicating it had been played back and listened to at least once?

The A-Mart sighting of Sherill has been proved incorrect. Another woman came forward to say it was her. But didn't the clerk say the woman asked for Suzie by name???

Also, was the unheard message Janis listened to from Friday? How could that be? Sherill and Suzie were home at least some of the time on Friday and Saturday, and Sherill was on the phone Saturday night. Without noticing a message?

Was there a way to tell if it was a saved message, indicating it had been played back and listened to at least once?

Yes , according to the NL articles that I read , Sherrill asked for Suzie by name ...

Did Janelle Kirby leave any messages when she made her many phone calls to the house that morning? Leaving a message would seem to be the thing to do when you have plans and are trying to reach someone?

Did Janelle Kirby leave any messages when she made her many phone calls to the house that morning? Leaving a message would seem to be the thing to do when you have plans and are trying to reach someone?
If the paper is to be believed, she started leaving messages as of 8:30am.

Attachments

• clipping_25925317.pdf
    687.7 KB · Views: 9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads