Thrill kill versus domestic violence gone bad/question for both camps

I go back and forth on the motive, viable suspects, whether this is the actual crime scene or just the dumping ground and really, all the puzzling evidence.

I'm not completely sold on the animal predation idea. If they drained the ditch, where were the turtles? If it was raccoons/ possums or birds would the victims be laying out long enough on ground for that sort of damage?

If TH did do it, why emasculate CB? Was it to redirect? where did the removed remains go? After watching PL3 I was more convinced it could be him, but this all seems overboard for a domestic violence gone wrong. If it was domestic violence gone wrong, I'd expect the beating to occur before the clothes were removed and it appears that the clothes were removed first due to the lack of blood on the clothes. I realize he had some reckless tendencies as evidenced by the MF incident, but I have trouble with this scenario.

I don't know what to think about the WM3 being the perps. I don't know how to explain all of the guilty confessions from JM that I was unaware of until recently. I'm still not sold though on the idea that they did it. The town gossip is maddening and it's really hard to believe most of it is credible.

With that all said, I'm leaning more towards a thrill kill/ sexual motive and I'm leaning towards this being the crime scene as well.

I believe a stranger/ or someone older from the neighborhood could have acted nice enough to approach the boys. I don't think it's impossible that one person could control the kids once they are within arm's reach via a weapon or change to a threatening disposition and then coerce them to undress before attacking. Could the panic explain the inside out, unbuttoned jeans? I took my jeans off the other night like that as a test. You use both thumbs to help lower them over the hips and then your feet just turn them inside out at the end.

As far as the two groupings, could one or two started to run mid-attack? or was the deep area where MM was found not large enough for two or three bodies? My understanding of the Luminol is that majority of blood was indicated to be near the MM bank, but two of the sink areas were near where CB and SB were found. Could the difference in bindings be attributed to the groupings as well? or the state of the victims. Not sold on them as a means for transportation. Sadly, I think it was insurance to make sure they drowned or to prevent the limbs from floating up. Moving the victims brings up the question of blood at another site, and you'd have to imagine the police walked all of the wooded areas after they found the bodies looking for evidence and blood.

I find TC very suspicious. One account from the True Crime garage said RC heard 5 splashes around 9:30 to 10:00 around the discovery site. I believe RC actually couldn't pinpoint the time, but I could be wrong. TC was allegedly seen going into that area around 10 pm and coming out near 14th street an hour later. Did he go back one last time to make sure he didn't miss anything? Maybe he found a shoe and sock and some other items that he tossed in. Was the sock inside the shoe a quick attempt to try to sink the sock in the water? I'm not really sold on the idea that someone just accidentally fell in like he claimed that night either. It's possible, but its also convenient. I wonder if the "acting weird" claim was him high off adrenaline from almost being caught when RC and his friends were near the discovery site. The guy that committed the "Babes in the Woods" murders helped look for the missing victims too. It seems like he was cleared relatively fast as well. The statement sheet lists his place of employment as the Blue Beacon. He supposedly was going to a job interview the night they went missing at 7pm, which is a little strange time-wise. One place said he was going to a job interview at the Blue Beacon. If anyone can provide clarity on this it would be appreciated. I'll provide it for myself in time.

One of his relatives also said he used to torture animals and he is currently locked up in Crittenden County. If he passed through the woods frequently, was attracted to kids etc, he might have been have been on friendly terms with the victims as well. His attempt to either redirect the focus while in prison, or reduce his sentence is also suspect. I wish they would test his hair as well, it doesn't look like they did according to the evidence listed at Callahans.

Also, on Callhan it's listed as Cotten, not Cotton. They took his fingerprints and it came back negative, but what does that really mean? That the random piece of evidence they found that might have nothing to do with the crime scene didn't match his prints?:
WM3 Case - Documents

My understanding of water and fingerprints is that its mostly water soluble. Does anyone know off hand if they checked the bikes for prints? I'd didn't see it on the evidence transmittal list, but some of the links are dead and I didn't look at all of them:
WM3 Case - Crime Lab Information

It's been a while so I might be fuzzy on the exact details, but if my memory serves, I think TC was seen exiting the discovery site the morning the boys were found (May 6th), not the night they went missing. He was found covered in mud from head to toe.

Also, he was seen closer to the discovery site, which should not be confused with where RC heard the five splashes the night the boys went missing -- that was in a completely different part of RHH, nearer to where the boys were last seen.
People who begin studying this case get confused because many sources say that the boys were found in the "Devil's Den" part of RHH, but this inaccurate. Devil's Den was actually located much farther east and on the other side of the 10 Mile Bayou, nearer to the dead-end 14th St. entrance of the woods; whereas the discovery site was located at the dead end of McCauley and was known as "the Blue Beacon" part of RHH.

TC is high on my list of suspects, as is OBj. You can find info on Cally's

Anyways, I agree that this is more of a thrill kill than a punishment by a step-parent. I also tend to believe that the discovery site was also the murder site -- not just a dump site.

I go back and forth on the motive, viable suspects, whether this is the actual crime scene or just the dumping ground and really, all the puzzling evidence.

I'm not completely sold on the animal predation idea. If they drained the ditch, where were the turtles? If it was raccoons/ possums or birds would the victims be laying out long enough on ground for that sort of damage?

If TH did do it, why emasculate CB? Was it to redirect? where did the removed remains go? After watching PL3 I was more convinced it could be him, but this all seems overboard for a domestic violence gone wrong. If it was domestic violence gone wrong, I'd expect the beating to occur before the clothes were removed and it appears that the clothes were removed first due to the lack of blood on the clothes. I realize he had some reckless tendencies as evidenced by the MF incident, but I have trouble with this scenario.

I don't know what to think about the WM3 being the perps. I don't know how to explain all of the guilty confessions from JM that I was unaware of until recently. I'm still not sold though on the idea that they did it. The town gossip is maddening and it's really hard to believe most of it is credible.

With that all said, I'm leaning more towards a thrill kill/ sexual motive and I'm leaning towards this being the crime scene as well.

I believe a stranger/ or someone older from the neighborhood could have acted nice enough to approach the boys. I don't think it's impossible that one person could control the kids once they are within arm's reach via a weapon or change to a threatening disposition and then coerce them to undress before attacking. Could the panic explain the inside out, unbuttoned jeans? I took my jeans off the other night like that as a test. You use both thumbs to help lower them over the hips and then your feet just turn them inside out at the end.

As far as the two groupings, could one or two started to run mid-attack? or was the deep area where MM was found not large enough for two or three bodies? My understanding of the Luminol is that majority of blood was indicated to be near the MM bank, but two of the sink areas were near where CB and SB were found. Could the difference in bindings be attributed to the groupings as well? or the state of the victims. Not sold on them as a means for transportation. Sadly, I think it was insurance to make sure they drowned or to prevent the limbs from floating up. Moving the victims brings up the question of blood at another site, and you'd have to imagine the police walked all of the wooded areas after they found the bodies looking for evidence and blood.

I find TC very suspicious. One account from the True Crime garage said RC heard 5 splashes around 9:30 to 10:00 around the discovery site. I believe RC actually couldn't pinpoint the time, but I could be wrong. TC was allegedly seen going into that area around 10 pm and coming out near 14th street an hour later. Did he go back one last time to make sure he didn't miss anything? Maybe he found a shoe and sock and some other items that he tossed in. Was the sock inside the shoe a quick attempt to try to sink the sock in the water? I'm not really sold on the idea that someone just accidentally fell in like he claimed that night either. It's possible, but its also convenient. I wonder if the "acting weird" claim was him high off adrenaline from almost being caught when RC and his friends were near the discovery site. The guy that committed the "Babes in the Woods" murders helped look for the missing victims too. It seems like he was cleared relatively fast as well. The statement sheet lists his place of employment as the Blue Beacon. He supposedly was going to a job interview the night they went missing at 7pm, which is a little strange time-wise. One place said he was going to a job interview at the Blue Beacon. If anyone can provide clarity on this it would be appreciated. I'll provide it for myself in time.

One of his relatives also said he used to torture animals and he is currently locked up in Crittenden County. If he passed through the woods frequently, was attracted to kids etc, he might have been have been on friendly terms with the victims as well. His attempt to either redirect the focus while in prison, or reduce his sentence is also suspect. I wish they would test his hair as well, it doesn't look like they did according to the evidence listed at Callahans.

Also, on Callhan it's listed as Cotten, not Cotton. They took his fingerprints and it came back negative, but what does that really mean? That the random piece of evidence they found that might have nothing to do with the crime scene didn't match his prints?:
WM3 Case - Documents

My understanding of water and fingerprints is that its mostly water soluble. Does anyone know off hand if they checked the bikes for prints? I'd didn't see it on the evidence transmittal list, but some of the links are dead and I didn't look at all of them:
WM3 Case - Crime Lab Information

Also, if you do not know of Buddy L., you should study his file on Cally's. To me, he is a big reason why I can't dismiss the WM3 as suspects -- because he told police that JM confessed to him the day after and gave him a pair of gym shoes that he said JM couldn't stand to keep anymore, because he was wearing them when he helped commit the murders and they reminded him too much of it.

It's been a while so I might be fuzzy on the exact details, but if my memory serves, I think TC was seen exiting the discovery site the morning the boys were found (May 6th), not the night they went missing. He was found covered in mud from head to toe.

Also, he was seen closer to the discovery site, which should not be confused with where RC heard the five splashes the night the boys went missing -- that was in a completely different part of RHH, nearer to where the boys were last seen.
People who begin studying this case get confused because many sources say that the boys were found in the "Devil's Den" part of RHH, but this inaccurate. Devil's Den was actually located much farther east and on the other side of the 10 Mile Bayou, nearer to the dead-end 14th St. entrance of the woods; whereas the discovery site was located at the dead end of McCauley and was known as "the Blue Beacon" part of RHH.

TC is high on my list of suspects, as is OBj. You can find info on Cally's

Anyways, I agree that this is more of a thrill kill than a punishment by a step-parent. I also tend to believe that the discovery site was also the murder site -- not just a dump site.

2 ladies witnessed him at night leaving and entering according to a tip below. I did read somewhere that he didn't live at Lakeshore, so there is some question as to whether they even ID'd him correctly. As far as his statement is concerned he said he helped look the 5th or 6th and the police didn't have him clarify. I omitted the section from Jivepuppi that quoted from "Blood of the Innocents" but the book placed him there in the morning on his way to Blue Beacon for a job interview.

Here's the snippets from Jivepuppi regarding TC:

Mark: I saw a guy that I had never seen in the neighborhood before that acted like he was helping us search. He was on one of the bigger bikes kind of like a racing size bike. You know, it wasn't a little bike. It was kind of a full size bike.

Ridge: Did it have mud grip type tires on it?

Mark: It seemed like it did have mud grip type tires on it. Uh, he was slender and had real short hair and kind of a thin face. Uh, I don't remember if he had a red shirt on or anything. But I remember his face because I thought, boy it's just a real thin face and his hair was really short. Almost military short. It was real short. But he said I've been riding my bicycle down there looking for ya'll. He said, I'm helping ya'll look, you know, and I said thank you and we just kept on going.

Ridge: You remember anybody, he had a flat on his bicycle and he came back from across the pipe. Do you remember, were you there when somebody came back across the pipes with a flat tire?

Mark: No sir. [John Mark Byers police interview, May 19, 1993]

Although this individual is not identified in Byers' interview, it is possibly TC. A May 27th tip from two women describes an encounter with TC that evening.

Received a call from Sally Brady and Gina Riccio about the nite the boys were missing Wednesday nite and they were out driving around trying to assist in locating the missing boy. They advised they saw Tim Cotten from Lake Shore riding a bicycle that was green and yellow go into Robin Hood Woods at dead end of McAuly and as they were driving around Goodwin about 45 minutes to 1 hour later they saw him again coming from the other end of Robin Hood and was wet and muddy all over and they heard him tell some of the Search + Rescue people he had fallen in the bayou and was going home and change clothes. They said he was a weird acting guy and just wanted to check him out. He was seen going in woods around 10 pm and coming out around 11 pm.
Gina Riccio ###-#### C Dabbs

TC confirmed the job hunt and his search for the victims during a later interview. "TC stated that around May the 5th or 6th he had left his house on Wilson Street and was going to a job interview. Along the way he learned of the three boys missing. That someone in the rescue squad asked him to help look for the boys at which time he borrowed a 4 wheeler and helped look, but did not find anything." [Timothy Cotten interview, summary notes, Lts. Sudbury and Durham, March 8, 1994]

It is a painful irony that he began looking for a job at virtually the discover site and then went to search from there.

Another tip was placed in TC file and marked with his name.

Ref: TC
5/24
F/W called advise that M/W first name either Tim or Tom is possibly responsible for the murder of the three 8 year old youths in Arkansas earlier this month. Caller advised that m/w is into self mutilation and has broken bottles and cut himself in the presence of his siter. His sister advised the caller that her brother had killed animals before and that when she heard about the boys she suspect her brothers involvement. Suspect's sister name is Tamara and she works as a cocktail waitress at the Gulfstream lounge. Caller stated that the reason she believes he is involved is that he works at at the Blue Beacon Truck Wash (The three youths were found behind the Blue Beacon) Caller advised that Tim has been in an institution and like to play around with 5-8 year old boys.

TC was among the first questioned. He was brought in on May 8th, polygraphed and released. His intake sheet described him as 5'11", 152 lbs and brown haired. He lived several doors away from the Byers around the corner on Wilson. He lived with JB (Son 16 yo) and CB (Mom)who were recent residents at 1120 WE Catt the former residence of the suspect, JN. This house was vacant and is listed as part of the search on the day of discovery. Notes from TC interview were not available in his folder.

What's also interesting is that RB is in the files on Callhan and mentions a rumor that redirects to some brothers he heard did it. I"m sure their was a lot of rumors flying around but it makes you wonder if he heard it from TC first.

Also, if you do not know of Buddy L., you should study his file on Cally's. To me, he is a big reason why I can't dismiss the WM3 as suspects -- because he told police that JM confessed to him the day after and gave him a pair of gym shoes that he said JM couldn't stand to keep anymore, because he was wearing them when he helped commit the murders and they reminded him too much of it.

I did see that quote you brought up about BL before. That and the multiple confessions JM gave do give pause. I just don't understand how JM was so off originally with the time and some of the details. I'll have to look closer at all the confessions/ statements and reports. Sometimes it seems like the reports embellish some and other times it seems like they are quick to clear someone/ fail to probe deeper.

Maybe BL was covering for JM on 6/10/93, but the 4 wheeler/ dirty shoe story is so different from the 10/14/93 statement below:

LUCAS - WE.... HE TOLD ME THAT UH, THAT HE GOT IN A FIGHT, THAT'S WHAT HE TOLD ME AT FIRST

LUCAS - I SAID DAMIEN AND JASON THEY HELPED YOU? HE SAID UM-YEA AND EVERYTHING SO I SAID WELL DID YOU ALL HURT ANYBODY? AND HE SAID YEA, I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS THOSE 8 YEAR OLD KIDS OR ANYTHING, SO I TURN AROUND AND COME TO FOUND OUT THAT JASON HE WAS WITH JASON AND DAMIEN WHEN THEY SACRIFICED THEM LITTLE KIDS. I WAS COME AND TELL YOU ALL

RIDGE - OKAY, THURSDAY MORNING AFTER THIS WEDNESDAY YOU WENT TO HIS HOUSE

LUCAS - UH-HUH

RIDGE - HE TELLS YOU HE'S IN SOME TROUBLE?

LUCAS - UH-HUH

RIDGE - AND WHAT DID HE TELL YOU HE WAS IN TROUBLE OVER?

LUCAS - THAT HE REALLY, HE SAID UM, WE HURT, UH.... UH WE HURT A COUPLE OF BOYS, THAT JASON AND DAMIEN KILLED

RIDGE - OKAY

LUCAS - COUPLE, I SAID WAS YOU INVOLVED? HE SAID YEA, I SAID WHAT DID YOU DO? I FINALLY GOT IT TALKED OUT OF HIM WHAT DID HE DO, HE SAID I HIT UH, A COUPLE IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD

RIDGE - OKAY, AND

LUCAS - AND EVERYTHING TO KEEP THEM FROM RUNNING AND EVERYTHING

RIDGE - AND THAT'S WHAT HE TOLD YOU?

RIDGE - AND THIS IS ON THURSDAY MORNING?

LUCAS - UH-HUH

LUCAS - THE TWO SHOES HE GAVE ME, AND EVERYTHING

RIDGE - DID HE GIVE YOU SOME SHOES ON THAT THURSDAY MORNING?

LUCAS - UH-HUH

LUCAS - HE... HE PICKED UP AND STARTED TO HAND THEM TO ME. ALL THE SUDDENLY HE DROPPED THEM, AND BROKE OUT IN SWEAT, CRYING EVERYTHING ELSE, HE SAID MAN TAKE THOSE SHOES I DON'T WANT TO SEE THEM NO MORE, I SAID YOUR SURE? AND EVERYTHING, I DON'T REMEMBER SEEING THOSE SHOES AT HIS HOUSE, HE SAID, I SAID ARE THEY YOURS? HE SAID YEA. SO I SAID, HE SAID TAKE THEM I DON;T WANT TO SEE THEM NO MORE, I SAID ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT ME TO TAKE THEM? AND HE SAID YEA, AND EVERYTHING SO THERE WASN'T NOTHING ON THE SHOES AND EVERYTHING SO TURN AROUND HE GOING, I GOT THE SHOES I WENT HOME AND EVERYTHING

RIDGE - AFTER YOU GOT THE SHOES DID HE SAY, WHAT DID HE SAY EXACTLY TO YOU ABOUT THOSE SHOES?

LUCAS - THAT HE DIDN'T WANT TO SEE THEM ANYMORE AND

LUCAS - AND EVERYTHING HE DIDN'T WANT TO HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM SHOES

RIDGE - OKAY, DO YOU HAVE THOSE SHOES?

LUCAS - UH-HUH

RIDGE - OKAY, AND THOSE SHOES THAT HE GAVE YOU HAVE YOU WORN THEM SINCE THEN?

LUCAS - A COUPLE OF TIMES

It's a shame the police didn't take the shoes in June for testing. A few things I wonder about the Interviews and Statements is if they are tainted by the idea of reward money and if the police embellish and hide the audio afterwards. I'd love to find the audio for some of the interviews, but it's not always available. The confessions JM gave in the cruiser are also suspect. Could the police have made it up? Same with that girl that befriended JM in prison that thought he was innocent until he (allegedly) told her he was guilty. On one hand I'd love it if they were guilty so the issue can be put to rest, but I'd hate it if they got away with murdering 3 chilrend. I have young children, almost the same age and I find this whole case very haunting.

2 ladies witnessed him at night leaving and entering according to a tip below. I did read somewhere that he didn't live at Lakeshore, so there is some question as to whether they even ID'd him correctly. As far as his statement is concerned he said he helped look the 5th or 6th and the police didn't have him clarify. I omitted the section from Jivepuppi that quoted from "Blood of the Innocents" but the book placed him there in the morning on his way to Blue Beacon for a job interview.

Here's the snippets from Jivepuppi regarding TC:

Mark: I saw a guy that I had never seen in the neighborhood before that acted like he was helping us search. He was on one of the bigger bikes kind of like a racing size bike. You know, it wasn't a little bike. It was kind of a full size bike.

Ridge: Did it have mud grip type tires on it?

Mark: It seemed like it did have mud grip type tires on it. Uh, he was slender and had real short hair and kind of a thin face. Uh, I don't remember if he had a red shirt on or anything. But I remember his face because I thought, boy it's just a real thin face and his hair was really short. Almost military short. It was real short. But he said I've been riding my bicycle down there looking for ya'll. He said, I'm helping ya'll look, you know, and I said thank you and we just kept on going.

Ridge: You remember anybody, he had a flat on his bicycle and he came back from across the pipe. Do you remember, were you there when somebody came back across the pipes with a flat tire?

Mark: No sir. [John Mark Byers police interview, May 19, 1993]

Although this individual is not identified in Byers' interview, it is possibly TC. A May 27th tip from two women describes an encounter with TC that evening.

Received a call from Sally Brady and Gina Riccio about the nite the boys were missing Wednesday nite and they were out driving around trying to assist in locating the missing boy. They advised they saw Tim Cotten from Lake Shore riding a bicycle that was green and yellow go into Robin Hood Woods at dead end of McAuly and as they were driving around Goodwin about 45 minutes to 1 hour later they saw him again coming from the other end of Robin Hood and was wet and muddy all over and they heard him tell some of the Search + Rescue people he had fallen in the bayou and was going home and change clothes. They said he was a weird acting guy and just wanted to check him out. He was seen going in woods around 10 pm and coming out around 11 pm.
Gina Riccio ###-#### C Dabbs

TC confirmed the job hunt and his search for the victims during a later interview. "TC stated that around May the 5th or 6th he had left his house on Wilson Street and was going to a job interview. Along the way he learned of the three boys missing. That someone in the rescue squad asked him to help look for the boys at which time he borrowed a 4 wheeler and helped look, but did not find anything." [Timothy Cotten interview, summary notes, Lts. Sudbury and Durham, March 8, 1994]

It is a painful irony that he began looking for a job at virtually the discover site and then went to search from there.

Another tip was placed in TC file and marked with his name.

Ref: TC
5/24
F/W called advise that M/W first name either Tim or Tom is possibly responsible for the murder of the three 8 year old youths in Arkansas earlier this month. Caller advised that m/w is into self mutilation and has broken bottles and cut himself in the presence of his siter. His sister advised the caller that her brother had killed animals before and that when she heard about the boys she suspect her brothers involvement. Suspect's sister name is Tamara and she works as a cocktail waitress at the Gulfstream lounge. Caller stated that the reason she believes he is involved is that he works at at the Blue Beacon Truck Wash (The three youths were found behind the Blue Beacon) Caller advised that Tim has been in an institution and like to play around with 5-8 year old boys.

TC was among the first questioned. He was brought in on May 8th, polygraphed and released. His intake sheet described him as 5'11", 152 lbs and brown haired. He lived several doors away from the Byers around the corner on Wilson. He lived with JB (Son 16 yo) and CB (Mom)who were recent residents at 1120 WE Catt the former residence of the suspect, JN. This house was vacant and is listed as part of the search on the day of discovery. Notes from TC interview were not available in his folder.

What's also interesting is that RB is in the files on Callhan and mentions a rumor that redirects to some brothers he heard did it. I"m sure their was a lot of rumors flying around but it makes you wonder if he heard it from TC first.

As you continue reading more and more of the police reports, you'll find that they are an absolute mess with even the simplest of details wrong.

For one thing, a job interview wouldn't take place at 10 or 11 at night. TC stated that he was on his way to a job interview on either the 5th or 6th; and that while on his way, he learned about the disappearance from the search and rescue team and decided to aid in the search. The search and rescue team wasn't deployed until the next morning (the 6th).

I did see that quote you brought up about BL before. That and the multiple confessions JM gave do give pause. I just don't understand how JM was so off originally with the time and some of the details. I'll have to look closer at all the confessions/ statements and reports. Sometimes it seems like the reports embellish some and other times it seems like they are quick to clear someone/ fail to probe deeper.

Maybe BL was covering for JM on 6/10/93, but the 4 wheeler/ dirty shoe story is so different from the 10/14/93 statement below:

LUCAS - WE.... HE TOLD ME THAT UH, THAT HE GOT IN A FIGHT, THAT'S WHAT HE TOLD ME AT FIRST

LUCAS - I SAID DAMIEN AND JASON THEY HELPED YOU? HE SAID UM-YEA AND EVERYTHING SO I SAID WELL DID YOU ALL HURT ANYBODY? AND HE SAID YEA, I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS THOSE 8 YEAR OLD KIDS OR ANYTHING, SO I TURN AROUND AND COME TO FOUND OUT THAT JASON HE WAS WITH JASON AND DAMIEN WHEN THEY SACRIFICED THEM LITTLE KIDS. I WAS COME AND TELL YOU ALL

RIDGE - OKAY, THURSDAY MORNING AFTER THIS WEDNESDAY YOU WENT TO HIS HOUSE

LUCAS - UH-HUH

RIDGE - HE TELLS YOU HE'S IN SOME TROUBLE?

LUCAS - UH-HUH

RIDGE - AND WHAT DID HE TELL YOU HE WAS IN TROUBLE OVER?

LUCAS - THAT HE REALLY, HE SAID UM, WE HURT, UH.... UH WE HURT A COUPLE OF BOYS, THAT JASON AND DAMIEN KILLED

RIDGE - OKAY

LUCAS - COUPLE, I SAID WAS YOU INVOLVED? HE SAID YEA, I SAID WHAT DID YOU DO? I FINALLY GOT IT TALKED OUT OF HIM WHAT DID HE DO, HE SAID I HIT UH, A COUPLE IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD

RIDGE - OKAY, AND

LUCAS - AND EVERYTHING TO KEEP THEM FROM RUNNING AND EVERYTHING

RIDGE - AND THAT'S WHAT HE TOLD YOU?

RIDGE - AND THIS IS ON THURSDAY MORNING?

LUCAS - UH-HUH

LUCAS - THE TWO SHOES HE GAVE ME, AND EVERYTHING

RIDGE - DID HE GIVE YOU SOME SHOES ON THAT THURSDAY MORNING?

LUCAS - UH-HUH

LUCAS - HE... HE PICKED UP AND STARTED TO HAND THEM TO ME. ALL THE SUDDENLY HE DROPPED THEM, AND BROKE OUT IN SWEAT, CRYING EVERYTHING ELSE, HE SAID MAN TAKE THOSE SHOES I DON'T WANT TO SEE THEM NO MORE, I SAID YOUR SURE? AND EVERYTHING, I DON'T REMEMBER SEEING THOSE SHOES AT HIS HOUSE, HE SAID, I SAID ARE THEY YOURS? HE SAID YEA. SO I SAID, HE SAID TAKE THEM I DON;T WANT TO SEE THEM NO MORE, I SAID ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT ME TO TAKE THEM? AND HE SAID YEA, AND EVERYTHING SO THERE WASN'T NOTHING ON THE SHOES AND EVERYTHING SO TURN AROUND HE GOING, I GOT THE SHOES I WENT HOME AND EVERYTHING

RIDGE - AFTER YOU GOT THE SHOES DID HE SAY, WHAT DID HE SAY EXACTLY TO YOU ABOUT THOSE SHOES?

LUCAS - THAT HE DIDN'T WANT TO SEE THEM ANYMORE AND

LUCAS - AND EVERYTHING HE DIDN'T WANT TO HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM SHOES

RIDGE - OKAY, DO YOU HAVE THOSE SHOES?

LUCAS - UH-HUH

RIDGE - OKAY, AND THOSE SHOES THAT HE GAVE YOU HAVE YOU WORN THEM SINCE THEN?

LUCAS - A COUPLE OF TIMES

It's a shame the police didn't take the shoes in June for testing. A few things I wonder about the Interviews and Statements is if they are tainted by the idea of reward money and if the police embellish and hide the audio afterwards. I'd love to find the audio for some of the interviews, but it's not always available. The confessions JM gave in the cruiser are also suspect. Could the police have made it up? Same with that girl that befriended JM in prison that thought he was innocent until he (allegedly) told her he was guilty. On one hand I'd love it if they were guilty so the issue can be put to rest, but I'd hate it if they got away with murdering 3 chilrend. I have young children, almost the same age and I find this whole case very haunting.

JM has claimed that he was making up certain elements in his confession to throw off police officers. It's also obvious that he's continuously trying to minimize his involvement as the confession goes along. At first he states he left right when he saw the boys being cut, then he says he left after tackling MM, etc.

This is not my youtube channel, just to be clear, but there are many useful videos/audio here that you can find (since you mentioned it), including the video of the BL confession: solodadd

Come on people. This has got thrill kill written all over it.

Domestic violence...is a bit overkill. Hes beating them all up and killing them all because stevies not came in on time. Hes been calm and calculated to kill 3 people on his own...then sat and tied them up using three different knots throwing the police off with it and beating one boy up more that wasnt his son to throw the police off. Terrys had quite a night...wandering round the neighbourhood looking for his kid. Picking up his wife. Speaking to mark byers and his wife. Reporting it to the police. Being round to his friends 3 times that night all the while doing all that.

Come off it.

Its actually quite an obvious case. All things do still point to the west memphis 3. They,ve just managed to get the gullible on side by telling half truths till they got them onboard enough.

Criminals are rarely smart enough to throw police off like that. The three different knots is the biggest clue they have. It definetely points to 3 suspects or more. From there it becomes much more likely to be someone thats impressionable like teenagers. Finding one adult up for doing that is doable....finding three adults to be up for it...is unlikely. Much more likely the work of impressionable teenagers which baldwin and misskelly we,re.

Quite the opposite really

Usually in crimes like this, almost overwhelmingly, the perp is a close family member or acquaintance. I chalk up the different knots to my belief that the crime was committed nearby - somewhere close - and that the "hogtying" was used for transport to get the bodies to the creek in order to hide them. With a single perp, that's at least 2 trips. Likely 3. I think whoever tied the knots got better at it or made adjustments on each subsequent trip/transport.

Quite the opposite really

Usually in crimes like this, almost overwhelmingly, the perp is a close family member or acquaintance. I chalk up the different knots to my belief that the crime was committed nearby - somewhere close - and that the "hogtying" was used for transport to get the bodies to the creek in order to hide them. With a single perp, that's at least 2 trips. Likely 3. I think whoever tied the knots got better at it or made adjustments on each subsequent trip/transport.

Tying the kids up have confused people for years. As i said in another thread tho...what is the significance in tying knots in the wiccan religion their practice of magick?

Candle wax found at the scene.
Fibres from a robe at the scene
Significance of Knots.
Water being involved
Full moon.
Multiple homicides
Mutilation.

I think eventually the penny will drop.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online