TN - Grandparents charged with killing 3-year old grandson - Apr. 2, 2024

Reading into it further, the grandparents were given custody of Carson in (late) October of last year! Only two months. He was in their care so his mother could attend rehab. I really hope the mother can stay strong during this period; it seems like she was trying to better herself for her little boy.

Hardin County Sheriff Johnny Alexander said deputies found 3-year-old Carson Brasher dead on Dec. 26, 2023. Jeff and Amy Brasher were arrested on charges related to his death on March 29.
What's unclear is how the Grand Jury came to indict the sick grandparents for abusing, neglecting and murdering this 3yo baby boy. It sounds as if they had control over the child without parental interference the morning after Christmas when he died in order to cause:

"Amy Brasher was indicted on first-degree murder, child abuse and neglect charges, while Jeff Brasher was charged with child abuse and neglect"

May you wear wings forevermore little Carson Brasher.

Reading into it further, the grandparents were given custody of Carson in (late) October of last year! Only two months. He was in their care so his mother could attend rehab. I really hope the mother can stay strong during this period; it seems like she was trying to better herself for her little boy.
This is too much. "Investigators say Amy abused and intentionally – with premeditation – killed Carson, while Jeffrey failed to protect him from abuse or neglect." How will they prove her premeditation to kill her own grandson, a toddler?

Did you follow links in the article to see his teeth may be rotten? Cavities hurt don't they?

Carson's a Cutie Pie
Screenshot 2024-04-08 004225.png

Exactly, and he was found dead the day after Christmas. :(
Something evil was going on in that house with this child. Yes, Carson was reported unresponsive on the morning after Christmas. Was there a fatal finale to the abuse like he was thrown against the iron bathtub? Was he drowned in the bathtub? The police will know since they charged premed. This is awfully sad and tragic. Maybe the Gma was the one who needed rehab.

My heart goes out to his mama. She is allowed to feel weak, or anything that she feels about her baby being murdered by her parents. No one has to always be strong, and I hope there will be justice.
I just want to note that I mean more in terms of her rehab; I hope she stays strong in terms of looking after herself, accepting helping hands where they are offered, etc.. A lot of the time addiction is a symptom of something larger going on in someone’s life and no doubt this is just about the worst thing a parent can experience. That being said, I firmly believe that no one who suffers the death of a child is weak—even if they feel it.

My heart goes out to her too, as it does to the rest of the family. And my heart aches Carson.

It just never stops, does it?
What a cutie-pie little guy. Three-year-olds usually have lots of energy, curiosity, a sense of self, a fairly good vocabulary, and they know who is good to them and who is not good to them.
Was he, in the grandparents' opinion, too loud, too hungry, too bored, too energetic, etc., for the grands to want to deal with an energetic darling little 3-year-old? All they needed to do was to get him interested in his toys, or a suitable TV show for him to watch, or a glass of milk, or reading a book to him?
Many of us have seen & raised 3 year olds -- they can be a pain sometimes, but there are many, many good, healthy remedies for that.
And his mom -- can you imagine? Sounds like she was trying to become a good mom. SMH.
Fly high, little guy.

According to Carson's obituary, his full name was Lucas Ray Brasher. Carson was a nickname.

I am wondering if Amy is his biological grandmother or possibly his father's stepmother. Three grandmothers are named. Amy's name is included in the obituary in the way a person related through marriage is listed: "grandparents, Jeff Brasher (Amy), D____ Baird, M___ Layfield". Carson had 5 siblings. If adult family members or older children were also living in home, the charges may be based on what they witnessed. Otherwise, his death could have been accepted as a fall in the tub.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back