Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing after leaving bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with this scenario is that law enforcement stated they don’t believe he was robbed of card and expensive phone because there is no activity on any of it.
If someone took his phone, they would likely remove the SIM card immediately. I asked my 16 year old son if that would then stop the phone from pinging. He said that it would no longer ping at cell towers, but (I don’t know if this is true or not) if it were the phone of someone in our family, we could still trace it in our location services (app? I don’t know what you call it). Not everyone activates this feature. It is not popular with my 25 year old and he removed himself from the thing so that we do not know where he is at all.

If someone took his phone, they would likely remove the SIM card immediately. I asked my 16 year old son if that would then stop the phone from pinging. He said that it would no longer ping at cell towers, but (I don’t know if this is true or not) if it were the phone of someone in our family, we could still trace it in our location services (app? I don’t know what you call it). Not everyone activates this feature. It is not popular with my 25 year old and he removed himself from the thing so that we do not know where he is at all.
True, and I had been thinking about that yesterday—but according to a discussion here last night, the newer models like Riley’s no longer have physical SIM cards.

That doesn't stop thieves from stealing Iphone 15s and reselling them.
Well, I guess then that it remains a possibility, but wouldn’t some sort of activity have been observed by law enforcement by now?

I really hope Riley’s parents hire a PI, because now that police are scaling back the search, there will be fewer answers from them.

It's possible he got a concussion after banging his head, started to not feel well so he went somewhere quiet to sit for a minute, passed out, and as gross as it sounds, choked on his own vomit. Someone could have gone thru his pockets after the fact looking for cash or anything valuable. A homeless person may not have wanted credit cards because it would be awfully suspicious to look and be homeless and suddenly have a cc. Just all alternative theory
I did originally think he succumbed to a brain injury near the river, and was rolled in after collecting any useful belongings, since the shirt possibly wound up on someone else.

The interaction with the officer made it seem that his injury was a lot less damaging than I had initially thought though.

We saw him run more than once and knew he was hitting concrete, bushes etc. so the idea of him accidentally careening into water seems very plausible at this point.

I just want to know more about the shirt! I very much believed the woman who saw it while volunteering, and said she had 3 or 4 other volunteers confirm they indeed saw a very similar clean shirt on a homeless man just after. (She did an interview on the Pascal Show)

Moo

Well, I guess then that it remains a possibility, but wouldn’t some sort of activity have been observed by law enforcement by now?

I really hope Riley’s parents hire a PI, because now that police are scaling back the search, there will be fewer answers from them.
I’m not sure hiring a PI would help anyone here as I think the police have done a good job piecing his movements together with the CCTV footage I don’t think a PI would help them get the answers they’re looking for, I think the main working hypothesis for the police is that he fell into the water and this as horrible as it sounds becomes a waiting game until the water gives up the body.

With the police scaling back their search efforts I wonder if there’s something in the background that suggests to them he could have intentionally entered the water IE mental health past issues, google searches. Him leaving his card at the side could have been a ‘sign’ for his family that this was where he entered the water - abit like Gaynor Lord who left her coat at side of the river before entering. All MOO of course.

'Mar 18, 2024
JUST IN: Newly released video shows missing college student Riley Strain briefly speak with a police officer on the night he vanished in Nashville, Tennessee.'
1710855529970.png
''Now, newly-released video shows that Mr Strain spoke briefly to a police officer minutes after leaving the bar. Nashville Metro Police said that the student did not appear distressed during the encounter.

Mr Strain’s family friend has also revealed the last known communication the student had that night – a text message to a girl that he was seeing.

“She texted him to see how he was doing and if he was having fun. He sent kind of a scripted text back to her saying ‘Good lops,’” Chris Dingman told NewsNation.''

Iphone 15 in the U.S. would not have had a SIM card
(explanations in previous posts)

I did originally think he succumbed to a brain injury near the river, and was rolled in after collecting any useful belongings, since the shirt possibly wound up on someone else.

The interaction with the officer made it seem that his injury was a lot less damaging than I had initially thought though.

We saw him run more than once and knew he was hitting concrete, bushes etc. so the idea of him accidentally careening into water seems very plausible at this point.

I just want to know more about the shirt! I very much believed the woman who saw it while volunteering, and said she had 3 or 4 other volunteers confirm they indeed saw a very similar clean shirt on a homeless man just after. (She did an interview on the Pascal Show)

Moo

yeah but she said she saw a black pocket on a white shirt
the shirt front is actually half black, half white with a black pocket
so did she see the half black part too? or was it a different shirt ...

Maybe not if the thief knows Riley is missing and all over the news.

Moo
She she take a photo or video?

I’m not sure hiring a PI would help anyone here as I think the police have done a good job piecing his movements together with the CCTV footage I don’t think a PI would help them get the answers they’re looking for, I think the main working hypothesis for the police is that he fell into the water and this as horrible as it sounds becomes a waiting game until the water gives up the body.

With the police scaling back their search efforts I wonder if there’s something in the background that suggests to them he could have intentionally entered the water IE mental health past issues, google searches. Him leaving his card at the side could have been a ‘sign’ for his family that this was where he entered the water - abit like Gaynor Lord who left her coat at side of the river before entering. All MOO of course.
It’s a possibility, always.

She she take a photo or video?
No, she didn’t know at the time that Riley was missing, but saw the white and black clean shirt on a very dirty guy and remembered the shirt stood out. Once she saw the pic of Riley she reached out to volunteers who agreed they saw that similar shirt on the very dirty guy who dropped his water bottles.
Jmo

No, she didn’t know at the time that Riley was missing, but saw the white and black clean shirt on a very dirty guy and remembered the shirt stood out. Once she saw the pic of Riley she reached out to volunteers who agreed they saw that similar shirt on the very dirty guy who dropped his water bottles.
Jmo
What's wild to me is that LE has yet to even interview her according to News Nation. While it's still a rumor, why hasn't LE talked to this woman?

News Nation

IF what she said is true, then it would seem Riley ran into a bad situation at the homeless encampments. His bank card being in a location where he possibly lost it in a scuffle. Then, to me, the next logical thing is that he was placed in the water after whatever he had on him was stolen. If Riley made it into the Cumberland River maybe it wasn't on his own volition?

Then again, Occam's Razor, drunk/drugged man ends up in a body of water for a reason we will never know.

<modsnip - off topic>

JMO MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
@7NewsDC

"Every time we get a little bit of evidence, there’s 100 more questions," said Chris Dingman, a close family friend of Riley Strain’s parents.

I wish something would have been done sooner The first 48 is so crucial,” continued Dingman.

5+ minute video included

Updated: MAR 19, 2024 / 08:12 AM CDT

Parents of student Riley Strain: ‘Unsure’ about last text​

• Riley Strain, 22, went missing March 8 in Nashville
  • New video shows Strain interact with police the night he went missing
  • Parents: We're frustrated with search, now 10 days old

The problem with this scenario is that law enforcement stated they don’t believe he was robbed of card and expensive phone because there is no activity on any of it.
Understood. The scenario I think more likely is that he was robbed of his cash, and the card fell to the ground in the process. There is really no other reasonable explanation for why his bank card would be on the ground on the bank of the Tennessee River. IMO

On March 18, they wrote, “Riley Strain’s bank card was discovered this afternoon on the embankment between Gay St. And the Cumberland River. The search for him continues.”

• Updated Mar 19, 2024 at 11:16am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member